New monk set seem to go against gameplay philosophy

Balance is about the current state of play, not what players did in the olden days.

Try again?

Why do you think I’m not talking about the current state of the game?

Don’t tell me you’re looking at LB from years ago? lol …

I don’t concern myself with LOLboards in the least. I’ve never even looked at them nor cared one lick about them. They are a complete joke. They are not representative of the majority of the player base.

I advise you to look at her from now on, maybe you can learn something.

If you don’t care about anything, what are you doing here?

You try to pitch totally flawed and unsubstantiated arguments, and clearly you don’t even know half of this game.
I think the joke here is you.

You are a reflection of the casual player base.
They do not know the game.
They ask for meaningless buffs.
They argue things without any solid foundation.
They don’t really care about the game and just abandon it after a few days of season.
They look for the easiest build to play and say the others don’t work or are too weak.
They cry because dedicated players have more power, more items, more caldesanns, but they don’t want to play the game to have these things, they prefer that blizz makes the game easier so that they have the feeling that they are somehow advancing.

Yes, LB does not represent the player base because the player base is bad players.

2 Likes

Lazy builds are good for farming keys.
GR’s are for testing your skills.
Hopefully both getting done well without carpal tunnel injuries.
Peace

Try some reading, sport. I said I don’t care about the cheatfest LOLboards.

Thank you. I’m glad we agree.

Yes, they are misleading. Because instead of a serious player, you should be at the top right? LOL

Good thing we agreed that you and your base are bad players.

Let’s agree to disagree. There’s an obvious language barrier here.

Truce.

SW dies in 6 seconds if you don’t keep hitting. Even with the belt that makes its duration infinite, it dies if you let it do all the damage so again you have to keep hitting. SW requires you to do something and do it fairly regularly, notwithstanding the set requirement to keep the radius up.

The radius bonus requires you to do a lot of hitting in very short time. We don’t have exact numbers on that, but 30 hits is pretty active unless the time frame is 60+ seconds and even then you would have to keep on it and not just run around.

SW has a pretty small radius on its own - 10 yards unless you take a weak rune to expand it to 14 (although that is a fire rune which is usually pretty popular for +elem% dmg). Depending on the size of the radius increase, the increased kill power in density could be critical to the build.

My guess is it will require 30 TR hits at a pretty high attack speed and will require you to keep hitting at that rate to maintain the stacks. 30 in 15-20 seconds? I’m imagining a rolling count rather than hitting the limit and then occasional hits to reset its duration.

“Passive is usually considered just wandering about while damage happens - a pet build for example. Active is usually considered “you have to keep doing things”…”

The Witch Doctor and Necro pet builds I have played are definitely not just wandering about while damage happens. There is a lot required to keep the pets up and doing damage. The only thing that could be called passive about pet builds is that you are not directly damaging the targets, but enabling your pets to do the damage for you. In other words, “you have to keep doing things”.

I don’t play monk, but from what I’ve read, this sounds a lot like a pet build, where you don’t do direct damage but have to keep doing things to keep the damage going.

BTW: If you know a pet build where I can “just wander about while damage happens” I’d like to try it.

I wouldn’t doubt that you will be doing things other than wandering around doing nothing. Besides, I think that they might not mind that play style as long as it is not the best way to play the class.

Ugh!

So, it’s been a season since I played a monk and for some reason I kept thinking of Dashing Strike whenever Tempest Rush was mentioned. I was imagining a build where you had to dash here and there accumulating hits to keep the build going which seemed pretty active to me and would require some careful aiming.

So, imagine my surprise when I started my seasonal monk on PTR and leveled up to TR. Why…isn’t…this…thing…dashing…oh…

D’oh!

So, yeah, not as frenetic as I was thinking and it turns out that the radius increase you get from TR hits is pretty underwhelming as well. Most of the monks on the leaderboard don’t even equip TR.

There are a number of threads in the monk forum that give great feedback as to how to ressurect this set for more utility and fun, so I’ll leave further analysis to those threads.

FWIW, I get more amusement out of the seasonal theme effects than anything this set does…

I think the difference is that in a pet build you don’t necessarily engage the enemy, but in the new Justice set you definitely engage them with an attack skill and need to hit them directly with that skill. It just isn’t the skill where most of the damage is coming from.

Perhaps another analogy is a thorns build where you end up rolling the damage bonus off of the weapon because your “damage” figure is completely irrelevant.

Patterns of Justice is at an intersection somewhere between those…

TR do not have increased attack speed. the DMG ticks are always the same no matter how much AS you have.

instead of hitting faster you get a slight(nothing to talk about) damage increase, and a INSANE Resource cost!