New Monk Set - Patterns of Justice buff

At Blizzcon 2019, that the new monk set for Season 19 “Patterns of Justice” has slightly been re-tweak.

(2) Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune, and movement is increases by 5% for each stack of Sweeping Wind.

(4) Attacking with Tempest Rush reduces your damage taken by 50% and increases Spirit Regen by 50.

(6) Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active increases the size of Sweeping Wind and also increases all damage by 15,000%.

Crusader set was buff
WW Barb was slightly nerf

Sweet, a new set to play WoL with. Just what we wanted.

Also, not a slight nerf to WW Barb. They removed a 3x multiplier from Rend. That’s a 66% nerf, not slight at all lol

2 Likes

most probably wol is still stronger with lod since no rs and no cs - so i think you are wrong. lod also has 52% set + 50% cs +50% unity. this set will be to weak def wise. still unity will be there, so just another useless set for a group play

66% is kind of 6 grifts so yeah

i need to edit this one since i learbed you need no wind. but still you can’t get all, def and off botlg and leve and cindercoat and so on

Ah, they changed the 6p to actually need tempest rush to get the damage buff so clearly we won’t be playing WoL with this one.
Pretty much, this increases TR + SW damage. Really, it means it’s a TR build and we ditch SW completely, even remove VW from the build if possible. It would just give a bit of movement speed anyway, not so great.

If you read the text. You need both TR & SW, to get damage bonus to all, but you could get SSS with this build, an use sss belt for dmg reduction,

So yey old TR+SSS(+SW) build is back??
That would be so cool

I meant ditch SW completely as a damage dealer. Sorry, that wasn’t very clear.
Of course, we keep it for the dmg buff and utility !

1 Like

Seems like flurry/Ep build now. Cube Balance, Wear VW and Fist of Az. New 4pc = Aquilla in cube. Really need to see if they made changes to Eye of the Storm and if Cesar’s proc is the same conditions. TR, SW, EP, Desert Shroud, Blind???, Mantra???.

Edit: Scratch that, no gungdo.

-7 GRs with 10000 paragon from max 140 GR to 133 GR.

Yep, slightly nerf indeed…:roll_eyes: (sarcasm)

2 Likes

Reread the set bonuses. Other sets with similar bonuses grant those bonuses for 3-10 seconds.

If they last even a second, not only will we be playing this with bells, it will almost certainly be our strongest WoL build. It will be miserable to play, but it will still happen.

Maybe it’ll be like that. First of all, 15k% is too low, it’s SWK-level of damage, and SWK is bad compared to LoD WoL (yes, even with the new weapon, yes I tested, I couldn’t clear a 120 with SWK at 7k paragon, full BiS gear). And here, you want to weave in TR (for 6p), cyclone strike (for bracers) and WoL, while also forgoing all damage reduction a normal LoD build gets. Yeah, it’s not happening even if the buff lasts 3-5 seconds.

I just want to emphasize that no single build on the ptr has EVER done more poorly on live than on PTR, no matter what the paragon of the player was. Even when a guy lvl 8000-9000 did some testings on wizard or whatever, a lvl5000-6000 on live eventually did better. Sure, it got nerfed from 140 (145 live) to 133 (138 live). Which is reasonable. I would have left ~100% dmg on the belt but the build will still strive.

1 Like

Lmao at that 145 GR live? Have you seen anyone clear 145 even on PTR? DARKPATOR (who’s just resposible for the nerf as the devs, cause he couldn’t help himself and had to show off) who cleared the 140 GR, mentioned he MIGHT or COULD even clear a 144-145 GR with that build if it goes live. MIGHT or COULD, not will for the record… With that pointless nerf barbs will be lucky to clear a 134-135 GR MAX…

You’re just parroting the nerf bandwagon basing your opinion on what ONE guy with perfect gear and over 10500 paragon did

What’s even worse is that devs actually listened to nerf cries making barb the WORST DPS class in game ONCE AGAIN

They just showed the entire Barb Community the middle finger with a smile on their face and made a laughing-stock out of them once again

3 Likes

First of all mister, this is the monk community, not barb go talk 2 them.

2ndly monk has not had any new builds in 2 years. And now we got one, and while we could test it, the set was complete crap.

Go cry some where els. Your ww barb will still own ANY monk build.

6 Likes

So is there any info on some of the monks legendarys?

Is it just the set that has been changed or some of supporting items also?

Well guess what, Barb didn’t receive any new sets in PTR, Monk did. It’s not my fault that your new set suckss right now, so maybe you listen to your own advice and cry about your new set being bad instead of worring about me just because I replied to KiKaha’s post…

You sure about WW build owning WoL LoD build too? I doubt it, but we will see…

1 Like

“You sure about WW build owning WoL LoD build too? I doubt it, but we will see…”

It will…

3 Likes

The new set will deal ~4.5x more damage than SWK WoL ((15/19.5 sets)×3 BotLG×2 Rabid Strike). Additionally, as I mentioned before, we had a ptr with Inna at 15k in the past. I believe that version cleared a 131 during that PTR, and this version will have another 3x from BotLG over that 131 Inna clear.

I apologize for the late reply and lack of links. Out of town for the weekend and using a phone so its a pain to do so. I believe I’veGottenSoLucky did the clear I’m thinking of.

BotLG is not a 3x multiplier, Your 100% plus the RS clone’s 300% equals a 2x multiplier.

It really depends on how long (if) the generic buff applies after TR with SW active. Plus you’ll be channeling TR (using a lot of your spirit), even with the 4 piece boosting your Spirit generation. The way it is worded, it seems that the buff ONLY applies while channeling TR, so that rules out WoL unless there is a hidden duration.

Thank you for correcting my math. Again, I am out of town so relying on faulty memory. So this would be 100% (your damage) + (100% from RS x 3 from BotLG) so 4x normal damage x ~.77 from the set difference. Only ~3.08x SWK damage? While it seems I was mistaken about the overall multiplier this is still a problem.

I guess we’ll have to wait for the next PTR to know for sure but either way I’m extremely displeased with the revisions shown so far

Need live patch to test it out. From the descriptions, TR/Sw are binded, it shouldn’t allow other builds.

Well, if it is so, I doubt I’ll play the next S … : /