New interview regarding QoL changes

MissCheetah is typingā€¦

I think her point was not to risk it since we did not have official clarification after the change in WoW.

We shall see.

Yes, that was the policy AT THE TIME. That policy changed this year.

THIS ^^^ is what I would say now after the changes to WoW policy. I would caution people to err on the side of caution with D3 and D2R as well.

They donā€™t technically have to warn us.

The only thing Blizzard said back then was (paraphrased): ā€œWhile multiboxing is not supported, it is allowed. We will not approve or condone any software associated with it as we donā€™t control that software.ā€

Since then, that stance has changed - only in that they specifically prohibit any software or hardware that mirrors keystrokes- and they have warned WoW players in particular because they are the ones who do most of the MB gameplay.

1 Like

To your knowledge have they ever made a similar statement about key mirroring software for any other game not named WoW?

I was quoting someone else there. That was not me. And yes, I know they donā€™t have to, but Blizzard is usually really careful with their fans on these sorts of matters, theyā€™re actually great for that, ergo why they felt they had to make an official statement (finally) on WoW.

(the exception is D2 vpns and temp bansā€¦d2 has been a mess for a while.)

No. They have not stated that the change applies to anything but WoW at this point. They are not required to - mostly because they never approved that software or hardware for any other game. The only thing they have firmly stated is that they do allow more than one account to be played at a time. Yes, that is tricksy wording but they do that on purpose.

WoW had to be addressed as that kind of game play while not approved, had been allowed by GMs for a long time. Sort of like when cops finally post warnings that they will be doing speed checks in a zone they had not been enforcing before.

Given that they usually apply the same policies to most games though, it is wise to err on the side of caution.

Yes. I have filed a strong suggestion to clean that up with the Diablo team and the CS team. VPNs are common as is logging in from work. Most people would not think to avoid that. I get that updating the old client is not likely to happen, but linking the Support article about it on the Download page would at least inform returning or new players about the restrictions.

Which is upsetting. We know for a fact that using real money as a direct way to buy items is 100% a violation of EULA/tos.

What we do not know is if ā€œfakeā€ currency, or ā€œpointsā€ will be considered as ā€œpurchasingā€ items from Blizzard games. Again, very vague language that Iā€™ve parsed over repeatedly, and it can be interpreted either way.

Correct.

Yes, that is a violation of the rules if those ā€œpointsā€ are acquired with real currency. Blizzard never enforced it though in D2 which lands it in a grey area. Failure to enforce rules makes it very difficult to then go after those websites or companies in court. The website can say ā€œyou let it go on for 20 years so that is, in effect, permissionā€. To have a leg to stand on Blizz would have to issue formal legal CnDs, etc.

The other thing with that website is that the communications take place there - on a site that Blizzard does not control. Blizz only bans people using data from the Blizzard servers and logs. Deals that happen on private websites, discords, etc - are outside Blizz control - it would be complicated to get legal access to those site records, link the trades to Bnet account holders, and ban the Bnet account holders.

So again, they would have to go after the website in court to stop itā€¦which is not easy to do at this point.

EDIT - please donā€™t think I am defending this in any way. I WISH it did not exist or they could do something. I worry D2R will be the same way and that it will end up P2W for ladder gear.

Agree. Though I am unsure of how to interpret it when some of that forum gold was not bought by real currency. As you said, it absolutely is a grey area. For me, if I ever bought a digital item for money I would quickly lose interest in that game. The grind is the fun, for me.

Ultimately letā€™s just hope they have a fluid, well run trading post or official Blizzard trade forum, would solve a lot of issues, and be preferable for a lot of trades over 3rd party sites.

They do have a D2 Trade forum on the new D2 sub set here - not that anyone uses it.

We had one for D3 too, and it was not really used. The forums do not seem to be attractive as a means to facilitate trade to most people. Do you think that would change?

They would have to rework the forum system to be trade friendly.

This forum setup is fine for 50 of the same people to hang out and argue about personal loot, they are not a good place for each of 10000 players to setup 25 different trades simultaneously.

There is already a site for that. :frowning:

1 Like

First flag for for saying that Drium was a little slow for not readingā€¦ at allā€¦ or even between the linesā€¦ and blindly praying / advocating for something that the devs were clearly against word for word?

Let me say again without the slightly rude portion:

ā€˜A separate inventory for charms is an increase to standard inventory and it removes important decisions like what to pick up or leave behind.ā€™

Guess telling someone what is what is against ToS

I do agree that reading the interview any other way than ā€œthere will be no charm inventoryā€ is a pretty big stretch.

I think it was quite clear they intend to keep inventory management the same as D2LoD.

3 Likes

No, insulting folks to pick a fight is against the forum Code of Conduct. So is talking about disciplinary actions.

Argue the idea, donā€™t attack the person. If you resort to personal comments it tends to mean you got rattled, or donā€™t have a valid counter point on the idea.

This comment is excellent. It states the point you wish to make without addressing any personal aspects of a poster.

3 Likes

I am gonna put this :expressionless: here. Yessum.

1 Like

I have no doubt there will be public games for Season/Ladder if they implement it in beta.
Although, if they make it Non Season mode then I understand that too.
Thank God, no Single Player anymore.

My impression is the beta will be a week at best, and it should have all the characters and actā€™s with as much of the minor QoL they plan to implement.

Let me ask this question, if it is such a important decision then why was it only added in LOD. In classic d2 the game was easily just as filled with inventory management decisions without the inclusion of charms. I honestly feel charms remove decisions rather then increase them. Do you want power or extra gold from selling trash? Deciding what to keep to sell, or put in stash vs a direct increase to power. Most people pick power.

I will argue a dedicated charm inventory would increase chooses, because youā€™d more times to decide which charms to keep and which to throw. I also think the dedicated charm inventory shouldnā€™t be a full inv till you beat NM and hell. So not to possible make the start to easy, even though good charms donā€™t drop that much till NM.

I just donā€™t think charms add that much gameplay to the game. But I wouldnā€™t remove them because they are apart of the LOD game even if I wish they were never added, which Is why I want a charm inventory.

3 Likes

i question your reading comprehensions skillsā€¦

there are two scenariosā€¦ your a few months in very late game and u have everythingā€¦ in which case this is the most important time to have charm inventory because it allowed you to still pick up items. this is the main scenario charm inventory is designed for

the only ā€œbalanceā€ affect
and u just started hell and u are just sticking resist charms in the charm inventory to try to not get 1 shot. and charm inventory allows this because if u tried it normally you wouldnā€™t have room to pick up the gear u need for hellā€¦

but thats LITERALLY the only balance downsideā€¦ and it only lasts maybe a couple days at most until u get some runewords or uniques to boost your resist.

on the other hand it has a major balance upside of allowing terribly balance builds that would otherwise never work in hell to be at least playable in hell if not actually truly viable

and thats on top of the massive QOL it gives EVERYONE. of just removing some terrible game design trying to force between power and qol, when said power gives an option for freaking +12 to a skill.

it was a terrible design to trade QOL for power, they butchered the implementation by adding skillers which MASSIVELY affect power to an absurd degree when stacked. and to even consider that " this was what the intent was" its absurdā€¦ they screwed upā€¦ you are NOT supposed to run with no inventory and shove items in cubeā€¦ but they missed that the didnā€™t see how powerful skillers would truly be and they cant remove that.

charm inventory fixed that issue. thats itā€™s purposeā€¦ in a way to affect balance as little as possibleā€¦ give people back ther QOL the lost due to blizzard bad game design and QOL punishment for playing in the most efficient way.

not to mention it has other upsides across the board.

PSā€¦
where the heck you think i got 8 skillers day 1 from is beyond meā€¦ why the hell u think i would dupe is beyond meā€¦ i have started multiple times on this forums i am an anni hunterā€¦ i make my currency that way, and the only reason i even play ladders because they restrict ladder only items i need for my builds. ( like pride)

They are remastering classic too.

I hope they address and talk about ultra wide screen support and how it badly effects PvP.

Yes, they are remastering both Classic, and LoD for D2: R, but so far the Devs have announced they are not giving Classic the larger personal stash, and shared stash tabs that LoD is getting. Here are a couple of threads about why Classic should receive as much love as LoD! :slight_smile:

[Classic] The Shared Stash

[Classic] What is D2 Classic?

Classic QoL in D2R

1 Like