New ideas for Diablo 3 feedback with images

We need more stuff to do after we get final gear and all caldesamn. And everybody say d3 jump from game start to game end without a middle gameplay. So i have a couple of suggestions:

• Create new rank gems. After you place on cube one ancient/primal bovine bardish + a 90 legendary gem level + 3 Ramaladni Gift you open Not The Cow Level Portal (shiny chest will have a little chance to drop higher gems).

• New rank gems

Example from Flawless Royal Diamond evolution:

Just one example. All gems could to increase very low like shown but it would give something to pursue (middle game / endgame activies).

• Cube Power Collections

Thrash item could to become a very limited paragon 2.0 system progress. So players would not become so upsad with junk itens on seasons at least.

Once time you extract a legendary power for the first time only on cube you get +2 all stats. (all stats = +2 str, dex, int, vit).

Once you extract all legendary powers (from all classes? hard isnt?) you get a bonus: ( +10 maximum spender, +5% movemnt speed, +10% DR, + 1k life on hit, +50 all resist, +50 armor, + 1k thorns, + 3 zen and globe pickup light radius, +2% cool down reduction, +2% resource cost reduction - great effort for too little right?).

• Caldesamn’s Despair and low sets usages

One way to promote all sets to being used and to give one ultimate goal to players to pursue it’s the Kanai Despair - this affix just will work for GR 115 and under. It’s one way to give a nice push for non meta players for these Low GRs.

To add the kanai despair you need a caldesamn despair already added on equipment and + 6 flawless royal gem + the legendary gem level you want to put + 1 ramaladni gift.

• Ubber

After you kill Ubbers on T16 they will pass to dropp 20% chance Ubber Rift Keystone. So you can select the difficult. You have one time to clean 6 floors. Each floor has one ubber boss with a lot of elite packs protecting him, last floor has 3 ubbers together. These ubbers will drop primal ancient pieces, black shards, and depending on difficult a chance to drop the new higher rank gems. (Black shards has a boosted chance to get ancient itens - but in other hand they do not drop primal itens).

Once you drop 1k primal ancient pieces you can turn one item into primal. Just usable one time per account.

12 Likes

Ubber is one from four ideas. There are 4 different ideas. And it’s just to illustrate so no problem to be mispelled. I’m not native english. You don’t need to be rude at me. I learn each day more words.

17 Likes

New Gem Tier - Sure that would be nice, another step of progression would give us more to do.
Cube Power Collections - This actually sounds pretty cool. Just maybe not exactly how you described it. Extracting another same item again giving you an additional reward, not bad.
Caldesamn’s Despair and low set usage - I don’t like this idea.
Uber - So a way to be able to get a specific item to be primal after getting enough crafting materials. This has been asked for a while now and D3 has done nothing.

Hello and Good Morning,

The amount of effort put into this feedback and the ideas are well thought out and appreciated. Thanks a lot for spending the time and putting it together for us! We’ll take a look.

20 Likes

You’re fine. Some of us on these forums just have trouble being nice to one another. Just try to ignore people who are needlessly rude.

8 Likes

Honestly, I think all these ideas are pretty lackluster. I’d rather see them spend there resources on updating useless affixes, or changing the tables of Gilded Barons to drop tons of DBs, or Gem goblins to drop GR keys.

If you want to make a new set, fix Krelm’s Set to grant Damage reduction & Damage % modifier for every set item equipped.

As far as gems, I think it might be far more interesting is Ruby gems in weapons added % weapon damage instead of a flat number, and Diamonds could do maybe critical hit chance, or increase the elite % damage multiplier to ~33%, or whatever clever.

3 Likes

Maybe instead low set usage then it could be just a second despair affix for any item i dont know.

Thanks. Hope the discussion be rich and all these ideas be improved if it’s needed.

That is too much power creep if a barb use 2 sword it would be 66%. Rend barb is already finishing 130 GR easily with this it would get unbalanced i guess.

I would like to see a lot of new legendary powers affixes too. But they said they are creating a new build for each class so i think it will take plenty of time.

The games itself are time-wasting. The question is “would this changes give any fun to the players?”

I don’t understand the concerns about powercreep while we’ve got bonuses like 100%, 500%. etc. This “66% elite” is only 2-10% gain over 2 existing emeralds (depending on your gear), so the 30% would become nice. More of that the elite damage bonuses are additive.

1 Like

I like every single new idea to add to the game.

1. New rank gems. I prefer they could add 3 new higher level of gems, for example Angelic Diamond, Perfect Angelic Diamond, Nephalem Diamond. First tier can be found from GR Guardian 70+ with low drop rate, you need 3 gems + 100 breaths of death, and next 3 gems + 500 breaths + 1 Ramaladni gift

2. Yeah completing cube powers each season should be rewarded. You have many different methods u can make it. You can do it for noob players and give increase 1% gold drop for each cube power unlocked. But you should make it important for all players that there will be no more trash items untill unlocking all powers. But u cant push players to complete full cube, because not everyone want to play all characters just to hunt powers. I think best way is to give bonus for each power unlocked. +5 all stats will be good for me, its nothing special but something fun enough to take care of.

3. This way everyone could get to GR115 much faster than just grinding paragons with low sets, I like this idea.

4. I want this to look just like a kind of GR. Players must find / craft a key to open special GR. There will be few types of this special GR. Uber GR 80, Uber GR 100, Uber GR 120 and Uber GR 140 and 150 for the best one. At the end there will spawn Uber bosses with several elite packs to make this fight more difficult. For clearing this there will be rewards depending on Uber Rift level. For example 80 lvl will drop huge ammount of craft materials, 100 lvl start dropping primal shards etc…

1 Like

The reason why i didn’t like this idea is because it’s like adding an unnecessary additional steps to fix a problem. This is like giving a handicap buff to weaker builds, if all builds were equally balanced this idea would not even be needed. Also if players were able to complete GR115 because of this, how would you think they would perform when they try GR116 where this buff is not active? You end up with the same problem.

A few ideas:

• Add the ubber diablo of this season as a permanent thing to the game.
  • Add a pregression, like GR but without time, to the Infernal Machine.
  • Add more bosses and rewards to the Infernal Machine.
  • The posibility to spend a GR key (or bring back rift keys) to add additional challenges to rifts (could be an additional boss for more rewards or something like that).
  • The posibility to spend additional GR keys to get an extra GR boss at the end.
  • Create something like the Darkening of Tristram event but for the D2 game (1 act per month). I checked and most the D2 maps could be made with existent D3 ones (some better than others ofc).

Another rank for normal gems? Uhm… I’d rather they balance the existing gems, especially on the weapon slot. Is there any reason to socket something that is not an emerald?

The other gem effects are way too weak to be worth that loss. I would like to see +% DMG (ruby), +% CHC (topaz), +% attack speed (amethyst) to be on the table and then elite % (diamonds) needs to be upped quite a bit.

…and before talking about new features I would like to have some qol issues taken care of… adding more to pet autopickup for example. Or being able to quit/resign GRs without having to close the game. At least in solo games.

1 Like

3 - Yeah. It’s one way to encourage more 12 pieces of legendary gem level 90-120+ to be spent on set. This would give other source of progress like players asked one way beyond paragon.

4 - Yeah it’s very nice. The philosoph behind it with elite packes instead regular mobs are two. They will give new battle dinamic, more challenge, other legendary power and legendary gems usage. And a lot of players would save a second set and upgrade new leg. gems for this purpose. it’s ton more from gameplay. And with time and dedication the player could to achieve one primal item wanted. It’s the grind system behind diablo franchises.

True. I agree with you too. So maybe all sets should be balanced and this feature could be applied for all items like one way to improve everyone, like other way to progress better on GR. This way speedys GR would be benefited at middle of the season too for all kind of public. And to get it on all pieces it would give a lot more gameplay choice at least considering gems at level 90 (13 equipment slots * 90 = 1170 upgrades attempts). So instead a help for weak sets, it would be one way for players to improve the speed 115 GRs. Or maybe they could to consider this bonus until GR 120. What do you think about ?

3 Likes

I agree but now its no chance they will balance all sets in the game and with this everyone could balance them up to gr 115 with caldesan despair. U wont be forced to play stronger sets to do higher rifts

For leveling legenday gems, I wonder if we could rethink the leveling process.

My idea only applies for leveling gems in solo greater rifts. The legendary gem is automatically leveled to the solo GR cleared - 20 levels and then proceeds like normal.

For example, if you solo a GR 100, a level 0 legendary gems is automatically upgraded to level 80. The process to level a gem from 0-80 is awfully slow if you already can solo GR 100.

2 Likes

Yeah D3 needs to balance all builds so they all start out at a fair advantage first.

I mean what your suggesting is basically the ability to augment an item twice, but the 2nd augment only works till a certain GR level. I feel like instead of working towards augmenting your item a 2nd time, just have builds “feel” like they already have this power. The only reason why we thinking about buffing weaker builds is because comparing to stronger builds its weak. But if we balance them all as close as possible there would not be that one build way ahead, it would be everyone way ahead together with a small gap like about -5+ GR range. There’s builds right now that has like 15+ GR gap, possibly more, thats unbalanced.

This thing that I like to call “handicap buff” only works at a certain GR level (GR115 as OP stated). This is only meant to farm paragon faster for weak builds that can’t farm in higher GRs. You still will be forced to play stonger sets to play anything higher than GR115.

There’s a lot of us wanting balance in this game, and we are voicing ourselves in this forums. Dont give up, keep reminding them that the game is unbalanced and unfair, they will listen to their community, they said so. If they don’t listen they are liars. I have hope that true balance is coming in the near future.

good luck. i play new seasons for a few weeks and then i’m bored as hell from it again. the best thing they can do to keep us occupied until d4 comes out is make the demo available to everyone or give us some beta to play until d4 comes out. i am not sure how much more interesting they can make d3 to keep us busy but i hope you get what you want.

The day this happen we will see the same character on public games with 4-5 differents build. That would be awesome.

I understand you. Got many friends and d3 friends on same way after they finish:

1 - season journey; 2 - caldesamn for all pieces; 3 - max leg. gems level they could to get; they get unmotivated to run GR just for paragon cuz they say to progress more it will get just runs for exp. So some solid stuff which bring more progress to do after first/third step would be very nice. Cuz a nice part from players dont care for leaderboards they just wanna to have fun while playing.

There’s some interesting ideas in there, and I like the idea of being rewarded for in season achievements with unique effects…

Achievement Quests

I would like to see a system where you get achievement quests, but you can pick only 1 of 3, each with a unique permanent effect to your character, for example:

Quest 1:
+2 Melee Range and 5% chance to dodge to Barbarian

Quest 2:
+2 Fury Generation and +“x” life per fury spent for Barbarian

Quest 3:
5% resource cost reduction and 5% armor for Barbarian

The quests would come about through being given a number of difficult achievements to complete for the season…

Also adding item quality…

Allowing us to upgrade the “quality” of items up to where they have the maximal possible rolled stats and 20 possible quality points. Each point of quality would come from sacrificing 20 forgotten souls at either the blacksmith or Kanai’s Cube to forge a new item that upgrades quality (1000 for 20 levels of quality), and at 20 points would turn an ancient item into a primal item…

To understand this, say your ancient legendary helm rolled 865 Strength out of a possible 1000

= (1000-865) / 20 = 135 / 20 = 6.75 points of strength per level of quality towards maximum stats and converting the item into a “primal ancient” item.

Also, salvaging a primal item would provide a unique +1 quality item that would ignore the exponential requirement of legendary crafting materials

1 Like