A proposal for a very new endgame:

Torment 1-10 had an endgame;
that endgame was broken to get the whole game carrot driven.

or cut all leveling and open all active and passive skills from the start.
-and then gear up through lootdrops only, makes it possible to beat instanced area’s.
-the new area’s give better gear to progress, i would like that system.

-BUT NOT in a carrot way, i want to feel strong from the start.
-THAT would be unique.

the endgame could be mobblasting.
-and PvP instanced
-and LB instanced (speedclearing)

SOLO casuals can just play at their area levels;
-they lose nothing, with their gear and all skills and even randomized area setup.

Torment 1-10 had an endgame, it was just primarily about being a gear check rather than actual difficulty levels which is my entire problem with them. The current system is merely that inflated to insane values, but the underlying problem was always there.

If I’m playing on a harder difficulty I don’t want the game to be about blasting mobs without much thought or challenge. That’s why I play on a harder difficulty: That’s not very fun to me for very long.

The hardest difficulty should be both optional and not be just about blasting groups of enemies with big screen wiping AoEs.

it doesn’t even need to be optional;
Torment could be there to learn the game and end the Lore part;
then players can try any open or instanced area to beat.

The problem I have with it not being optional is that we have a conflict of interest.

You’ve admitted you want an easier time of just blasting through mobs, and I find myself wanting more than just that even in a Diablo game. However if the game isn’t making the hardest difficulty optional for people who want what you do, they’re going to push for it being more like what they want.

The point of difficulty levels is so we can customize how challenging we want our gameplay to be. It doesn’t need to be anything more than that.

2 Likes

not really:
i tried to exclude leveling up by design, by evolving through choice;
-we can choose to enter harder area’s, when we think we are ready for it.

While some areas should be more challenging than others, especially since we have progression, I don’t think content should be locked away from a player simply because they don’t want to play on the hardest difficulty.

and I don’t think the stuff designed to be more challenging should be made easier simply so everybody can do it like what frequently happens when difficulty is used in a less optional way.

The only way to have a challenge in this game is to play
in yellow/rares gear.
G-rift is only one game mode, the rest is to easy for play with
sets and legendaries.
I hope D4 is designed better, and has proper progression,
and goes back to a longer and more enjoyable leveling process.

back to Grifts then…?
i played from day one and my highest Grift ever was Gr95.

-i feel no pain at all being locked away from higher Grifts, Seasons or MP.
-in fact, it was a choice from the start of any carrot content. Solo also.

Higher GRifts are not really content. GRifts are content.
I think Cyonan is saying that you should be able to experience all content on a lower difficulty, and be able to increase the difficulty for those who want it.

Personally, I’d say there should only be a few difficulty settings at most.
Like, 1 difficulty setting during the campaign/lvling. And then at end-game, you can pick a single higher difficulty where the whole world scales up to that difficulty (some areas will of course still be more difficult than others, due to the enemies etc.).
I’d much rather see a few well-tuned difficulties, than having 10+ difficulties that are all over the place like in D3.
I guess there should be a “story mode” difficulty setting for the campaign below the normal difficulty too.

On top of that you can have stuff like key dungeons that scales dynamically the further you go - though devs should be very careful with endless scaling.

1 Like

i meant higher than my GR95.

i understand that stance;
i did post once that this is only possible as a Solo player…except when there is a system where, in an instanced MP area, the higher leveled player is brough down to the lowest level player, if you want boosting out of the way.

this needs far more discussion, because;
-i prefere no levels at all, only gear to get stronger.
-or maybe T10 as endgame starting point so players can go through Lore and learn basic gameplay per class. and then they get all active and passive skills at once, being able to make fun builds faster.

-or, etc: all prefered pieces must fit together at the end.

Very nice. Let me elaborate and add rewards for your system to make it complete:

New bunch of legendary passive potions just current legendary potion equipped take the effect.

Passive legendary potions:

• Potion of Shield - Each 5 seconds without being hitten create a shield which absorb 5% from your total life.

• Potion of Tank - Increase Block chance by 10%.

• Potion of Spender - Increase resource spender amount by 20.

• Potion of Replenish - Recovery resource spender by 3 per second.

• Potion of Ragnarok - Decrease 5% armor and increase 5% damage.

• Potion of Flash - Increase movement speed by 15% (do not increase when player has more than 40% speed stacked).

• Potion of Sentry - Allow DH has 1 extra sentry.

• Potion of Hydra - When wizard has the last hydra head remain to kill it’s head it need one additional hit.

• Potion of Invoker - Increase thorns by 30k.

• Potion of Torment - Cursed enemies has 5% additional chance to be stunned.

• Potion of Corpse - Each 4 seconds create a magical dead corpse on ground.

• Potion of Shine - Increase all blind effects for 2 seconds.

• Potion of Support - Increase all support skill active time by 1 second.

• Potion of Explosion - Mobs explosion on death no longer deal damage.

• Potion of Scary - Scary/horror skills scary monster for 2 additional seconds.

• Potion of Life - Increase life per second recovery by 20k.

• Potion of Steal - Increase life on hit by 10k.

• Potion of Delay - Increase cool down reduction by 8%.

• Potion of Critical - Increase critical hit chance by 6%.

• Potion of Resources - Decrease skill resources cost by 8%.

• Potion of Taunt - All enemies on taunt area if they has 96-100% hp they reduce to 95% hp.

• Potion of Immortality - When you receive fatal damage fully replenish your life, potion use and this effect are disabled for the next 180 seconds.

• Potion of HardCore Reencarnation - When you receive fatal damage you are teleported for city on safety without to receive additional damage and this potion disappear. This potion can used just once per day.

After you add on Kanai Cube 3 potion of same kind 3 passsive + 3 active potion + 3 leg gem lvl 100 they are blended and get the passive and active effect. The resultant leg potion will have the combined potions name

3 Likes

-so it’s like a passive skill, with a potion slot per potion, instead of a skillslot?
-so all potions are available, or just one, like now?
-if you have them all, maybe some of them auto-triggered, it could be great.

Yeah. It’s like a passive skill. The potion equipped on belt already has active effects but they never thought they could to create legendary potions with passive effects. Runes already have this system. So it’s something already inerhent from the game they would be applying.

At first just current equipped potion on the potion slot would be triggered. But they could to create some quests to improve this limit and allow 3 legendary passive potions effect to be triggered. This way it would give players a lot of more choices and combination.

But of course for this happen they would need to create at least 30-50 passive legendary potions effect. If they create just small size variation all the combination you have on hand will be very limited.

They could to explore ancient legendary potions too with 2 active or 2 passive random effects. With a harder drop chance. So player would have to dedicate a lot of time to drop the exactly combined potion he needs.

good idea’s;
-i hoped for all of them available during gameplay.
-that way it’s even easier to skip leveling, with all those potion buffs farmed.

example for a conceptual framework:
1 all active and passive skills from the start,
2 lootdrops gives gear and potions, etc,
3 no way for players to boost each other in MP,
4 no RNG gambling.

all area’s may/can be beaten through level choice.
or all area’s may/can be beaten after getting strong enough.

Absolutely. All this would give thousand more things to do after Season Journey. And for those like/love GR it would be a complementary task. With new potions they try to surpass 1-2 GR level more. So it’s linked one to other. Besides that all players just run season journey or play easy would love new tasks to do. And surely we would have all the legendary potions collectors.

Maybe they could give a 5% DR forever for all those extract all legendary potions powers. Surely it would add 200+ hours of endgame content. Opposite to season journey today which players with 30-100 hours complete them and quit. It’s interesting to bliz to keep players more time engaged on their game.

maybe Season Journey can be fitted into an normal open world,
maybe rifts/grifts can be replaced with randomised areas of that open world (mobs),
maybe leveling stays, maybe it can be replaced completely.

so much options how to make D4;
-macro’s, scripts, many more passives, not more active buttons, etc… we’ll see.

True. Diablo 3 endgame should be gearing hunting to keep it’s essence.

They could to do that this way:

• Paragon 500 release set tier 1 - all gear dropped will have 500 additional main stat.
  • Paragon 1000 release set tier 2 - all gear dropped will have 1k additional main stat.

Etc…

About power creep just reduce green set damage % and it’s done. This way from a bunch level to level players would need to renew set.

The way it is: You spend just a little time for a perfect set and you keep it forever. No possible evolve.

If i was D3 owner instead releasing green sets i would apply this rule each paragon level increase all gear main stat by 5 points and i would reduce green buff damage. This way all paragon granted you would have to pursue for better pieces of gear. This is a totally good endgame than just paragon. This way each player would really feel power sensation according it play more.

They just need to make a “IF” rule to apply it.

Like Shadout said: Higher GRifts aren’t content. GRifts itself are the content.

I’d like the game to have a wider variety of areas and dungeons that are actually used in the endgame, with each area/dungeon having their own mechanics and loot.

So rather than having GRift 120+ you’d have a dungeon where you fight Uber DIablo or something. but I also don’t see the need to lock people who don’t want to play the hardest stuff from being able to run that dungeon.

Which is why you have difficulties. I’m perfectly happy with them having an easy go of things on a lower difficulty so long as I get my challenging hard mode.

On this post there are new ideas to have more endgame content too. It suggested to create a dungeon or floors with a lot of ubers and elite packs only instead regular mobs. Which would give black shards and with 1k shard player would craft a primal item. Could be done just one time since GR are the main endgame on devs heads so players back there after.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/new-ideas-for-diablo-3-feedback-with-images/

you can actually do that and force your preference to have fun.
-i do the same, i stay so low that i don’t even see the carrot. :wink:

1 Like