New Bastion Observations

yeah diamond and boon.

I’ll probably leave the normal testing to you guys, you got a bunch of good testers in SC. I’m really interested in seeing if I can get the toughness to a comfortable spot for HC play.

Gonna give it another go after dinner. Maybe try some SC as well, we’ll see…

1 Like

I am becoming more and more certain that Bloodshed gets all the extra hits.

I was hitting an elite and when I saw the bloodshed proc, the minions all died. They were at 90% life. This was on GR75. Since I still havent broken 1k paragon, it is not that.

I know it isnt because of a normal proc. Stalgard’s has no cooldown that I know of. I have seen 8 of its procs in the air at once. With it and Bastion, it had the usual proc speed, no massive fans going out.

A possible reason I can think of is that the individual hits proc and Bloodshed only looks for crits and not proc chance.

This is assuming that it is a real thing and not just chance, but I have seen it happen 4 times now.

Early research also indicated that is how it works. Now it is a matter of whether or not it is increased by the 2p bonus so it does 40% instead of only 20%. From my observations it seems to do exactly that but I didn’t have the time to set up a test of it.

It is crazy strong, easily added 15 GR levels. If I had changed all if the AD Rolls om my gear, I am certain I could have gotten 20 GR higher.

Yea it is pretty squishy, really lacks that additional source og DR that WW got, especially since you are going to be standing straight in their face and suffer all effects. So encountering an elite with some area damage affix and Lightning or Molten can quickly become deadly.

Bumping the 4p to 8% should cover it very well

I do 110’s at 1400 paragon in around 8-10 minutes. So it is definately possible.

1 Like

There is a difference between be able to do 120s at 2k paragon and crushing 120s at 2k paragon :grin:

The build is a lot stronger than my initial reporting in this thread since the knowledge of BS/AD working with the build and I’ve changed the playstyle accordingly. However, the toughness will really become an issue for 2k at paragon at GR120. I need to build with a bit more toughness being in HC and 120 at 3k paragon is more of a push for me. If I had ancients and augments then 120 would be a lot easier.

My 3.2k paragon and ~20k strength is roughly equal to a 2k paragon fully augmented with ~110 gems and I don’t feel 120 to be super easy and I have to fish for it. There are some different variants coming out so I’ll be giving those a go as well and maybe SC players going fairly glassy will be able to do 120s easier than what I’m experiencing, but the toughness really seems to be a more limiting factor than DPS.

I won’t have time to test tonight or much tomorrow but I’ll try to fix a video of a run.

I still completely agree with fact that it lacks Toughness, that 4p bonus needs to be higher, and I’d suggest 8%. Beyond that the set does perform nicely.

Hey everyone! Good news!

Focused Feedback thread is live in PTR Forums.

Folks, try to collate your feedback there. Whenever possible, include videos!

2 Likes

Are you on the reefs

If by reefs do you mean outer banks of NC?

Anybody really pushed LoD? On paper it doesn’t seem like it would be that much weaker, but it should be waaaaay tankier.

Only problem is die in 1 hit on elite if not already on wrath.

I finally was able to do some testing on this:

3100 para, almost perfect gear, 10/13 augments of 105ish.

GR110 in 7 minutes, GR115 in 10 minutes. Tried 2 different GR120’s. First was bad map and I knew I wouldn’t finish. Second was great map and I barely finished.

Overall, I think LoD frenzy is about 5 GR’s behind LoD HotA. It’s about on par with my LoD DoD WD. I’m fine with this, but I’d rather have it with a little more juice, if we’re trying to keep up with Rend.

2 Likes

I appreciate you and other barb players for making this class great.
cheers!

1 Like

LoD does have about 3 times the toughness, but it lacks more than half the damage. Do it is easier to play but won’t go as far.

what gear slots for the new frenzy set? Did we get any non traditional slot like belt amulet ring or bracers???

No it is the standard slots so all that has transmogs, ie Helm, chest, shoulders, gloves, pants and boots

jeez, i mean, they couldn’t have atleast given us 1 non traditional slot so that we could use the 2 piece with any other set other than Ik???

w t f

I really dislike this new set now. So much for adding any more diversity to our mix. Opportunity missed by the devs on this one for sure.

We ain’t never gonna get another set, I hope the barb community hammers this one on ptr feedback. It’s so underwhelming. We already have 3 strictly helm chest shoulders boots gloves legs sets. Many other classes have a set with a necklace or other slot.

I think that was a goal, to present to much set mixing. But mainly it poses some limitations for supportive legendaries for the set. Supportives that would help it thrive, and is available in the LoN(D) variant.

Monks have one and Crusader has one. The oddity is that for monks it isn’t even that class “main set”, which poses some serious balancing issues.

But from a development stand it is just easier to create a full fantasy and limit the options to create a specific style. And that is what Blizzard does with D3. Very little player innovation.

Wizards have a set with an amulet also.

Oh yea…

Still with the new amulets Squirts and Flavor of Time, it is a pretty competetive slot