⚔ New Barb Set

A weapon throw build for clear that uses ancient spear for burst would be a concept fairly unused. It would be hard to make it “worth” to actually use both skills together though.

While there are skills that have seen little use, I think weapon throw takes the cake. I’ve played since vanilla and I don’t think its ever been meta. Revenge was used in the early vanilla builds then dropped abruptly. Overpower has been a supportive skill from time to time. Avalanche is already cake into EQ set well, its just inferior to EQ stacking.

Weapon throw though, I’ve probably pressed it less than 10 times total.

Frenzy/Boulder Toss RGK! :heart_eyes:

Or Weapon Throw mixed in with something that isn’t used.

I want a hack and slash set. Everything good is too spell-like.

Primary skills with melee splash would be nice.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I was onboard until the 140-145 remark. Your embracing of power creep is not really where I want to see the game, or the class, heading.

Good point. I want to see us cruising through 150!

I would have agreed with you a few days ago, but the balance blog clearly said Barb was fine. I’m okay with power creep if the goal is get it to a uniform standard for all builds. I thought that the standard was 141, but apparently 146 is ok.

Edit:

Assuming this is button pushing. Clearly they intend to nerf anything that comes too close to 150.

Give me 10 years of farming. It will be done. 115s in 4 minutes already.

1 Like

I was always a bit of a sucker for Frenzy/Thorns (played one a couple of seasons ago just for giggles) but I’d love to see a version that wasn’t reliant on the thorns and instead was all about direct damage instead. I miss actually swinging a massive two-hander about.

Huh?
BotT = Bane of the Trapped, i.e. a legendary gem.

1 Like

Blade of the Tribes. It took me a couple of minutes to decrypt.

1 Like

Hype!

But I just don’t want that table guy ruin our fun this time.

DH won’t get their set this patch and still behind the avg by 5 level. So I guess somebody will try hard crying for nerf barb wiz, crus and wd…lol…

Anyway, give dh some love, then somebody may stop crying.

JF, I wrote up a quick evaluation of the new Frenzy set in Basshead’s thread. Numbers don’t look good…

Would appreciate if you take a look to see if you concur.

1 Like

Interesting enough Barb has kinda evolved in all possible directions that you would expect from the builds. I want to see something different like a barb that could use lighting in a frenzy mode battle packs not just melees. The problem with the barb is it seems a bit too limited, leap/earthquakes, thorns, WW, dash&smash. You want something that just destroys elites and groups at the same time. The WW in 2.6.7 is the closest with gathering groups and using area kills with the theme to do things, but without that theme in s20 you need something similar.

looks like that is kinda what we got now looking at the PTR 2.6.8 barb build

Great! I am glad to. :slight_smile:

Yeah, Blade of the Tribes.

Aha, I’ve got a decent one of those…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/hero/107295748
…but it would become a useless legacy item if they tweaked the numbers for a new variant.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve never really found a decent one where all the stats came together.

Get a 200% one with useless stats, or get one with great stats and then a 150% bonus.

RNG trolling me :joy:

Just a random thought…

I wonder if the new Horde set will have a belt as part of it. That would allow 2 pieces of Horde (e.g. Belt + Boots) and 5 pieces of Wastes with a RoRG, whilst equipping Ambo’s + Echoing Fury that might give an even faster / more effective speed-farming Whirlrend?

Okay you’re just evil.

A boost to overall primaries would be nice, but the 4 piece would have to be reworked to not have the DR reliant on Frenzy Stacks.

I really want other options besides Frenzy, three shouts, a mobility, and more than likely Wotb. And contrary to your dream, perma-wrath should remain a staple as it had since the original Thrive on Chaos!!! It’s the spikey hair & molten skin for sure…goron status…I had a thought on some specific things, including a revamp of a sad wrap for saps:

Frenzy Barb! Patch Notes! - #120 by Jrkwrks-1508!!