⚔ New Barb Set

Are you excited about the new Barb set coming sometime in the future?

I am. And I’m wondering what you would like out of the set.

Personally, I either want a set that’s all about Primary skills, or a set that buffs the ever-loving snot out of Boulder Toss. Considering there are already items and sets that do the latter (albeit, not in a viable way), I’m going with the former.

A set that provides some innovative mechanics and synergy for Primary skills would be pretty dang fun if you ask me, and it seems like the most popular request from the community. Of all our Primary skills, it Frenzy is the most viable and would take the least amount of work to make viable (high attack speed, can make use of Life per Hit and Stricken, already has several powerful synergistic items available), but I’d also love to see Weapon Throw or Bash buffed.

What do you want out of the new set? And how powerful do you want it to be? I’d like to see it crushing 140-145.

:smiley:

3 Likes

Primary Skills would be my choice…also hope they buff the Mote set as well.

6 Likes

My guess that the new set will be about Overpower, Revenge and/or Avalanche. These are currently the “free” Barb skills.

2 Likes

Oh, I wish. We did exactly that in the proposal, but we figured it was so left field, and we didn’t even know about the class sets back then.

How about some kind of ranged barbarian utilizing weapon throw and ancient spear.

1 Like

Something like Weapon Throw + Boulder Toss revamp or Frenzy + Avalanche merging, perhaps.

1 Like

Primary skills for sure. All the supporting legs are already there (and I’ve been saving the primals :wink:).

I’d rather see Boulder toss and avalanche as viable options for Mote. Like maybe you can go either the EQ/slam route or the BT/avalanche one. The belt slot for Mote would be problematic otherwise.

2 Likes

I would like a Primary set to have perma WotB once activated. In a Primary build you want as much IAS as possible and not having to stack CDR would be ultra beneficial. This is a total achievable task for the Dev. My two cents.

2 Likes

Hmm. Getting perma-Wrath with Frenzy, WT, or Cleave is hard because they won’t proc the Zodiac ring. You’ll need to stack tons of CDR and it will make Boon a mandatory passive.

I think it could be worth exploring ditching perma-Wrath if a set was focused on Primary skills. Then again, I could you could use Zodiac and slap a big spender like BT on the bar just to proc.

Regardless, I agree: A set focused on Primary skills would be sweet.

1 Like

It would be a thing of beauty to have a set (setup) where WotB wasn’t mandatory. Sometimes it feels like a burden.

2 Likes

How about your dream Free? Primary set with a boulder toss nuke mixed in.

1 Like

I can see certain faces already going Forrest Whitaker eye at this thought :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha hope he doesn’t come in and ruin this thread.

I personally like to see a set that enables dual wield of 2-handed weapons. Maybe I’m too old school, maybe I’m just dreaming, but to me, this is a signature barb capability.

I threw together a MoTE set from pieces I had found during this season and had some fun leaping around with the Fire Leapquake build.

I’d like to see that made strong again, that is one of my favourite Barb builds.

1 Like

Yep. Even a simple buff to BotT would make me a happy camper.

2 Likes

RNG hates me. I could never find a decent one of those :rofl:

Well I’d rather be in your shoes honestly. Now you can find a good one when they buff it, and I’ll have to cry when my dmg/str/AD weapon becomes useless :yum:

:rofl:

I hadn’t thought of it that way.

In that case I hope they leave the blade, buff it another way, and then I find an awesome blade. That way we all happy lol

Kind of hoping for a frenzy build/single target damage or some kind of board and sword build. I miss the days when barb carried a shield,all though not many barb shields atm.

1 Like

Being a huge fan of thornzy, from back in the day when it was less terrible than our more terrible builds, I would love to see a frenzy set. But a weapon throw set would also make me as giddy as a school boy that just saw his first naked girl (or boy depending on your taste). But in all honesty I’m just happy we get new toys at all this late in the game.