@ Nevalistis in regards to barb proposal

Iv’e read all the patch notes since release and Barbs have gotten just as many changes as any other class. You keep claiming that “Barbs have gotten nothing” and “Mortick’s Brace does nothing” when it is simply not true, all the patch notes are evidence. Barbs have gotten plenty, but some people just expect that they should get more than anyone else.

Mortick’s Brace is a 4 year old item. It has been discussed at length why only 2 out of 5 runes are relevant for WOTB and the item is a marginal sidegrade for any Barb build that can employ it. Slaughter and Arreats Wail are garbage using old mechanics.

When I say Barbs have gotten nothing in all these patches, I mean they have gotten nothing that 1. Fixes their underlying problems 2. Makes them relevant as a standalone class in solo and groups without relying on bugs

You seem way out of the loop.

6 Likes

I agree that barbs should be buffed relative to DPS; however, there also is an 800lb gorilla in the room that keeps being ignored. Barbs and monks for the past 13 season have had GUARANTEED spots in the 4 man meta. As we know, group greater rift clears >>> solo greater rift clears. This fact affect the ability to level legendary gems and gain XP/paragon levels. So I wonder…

2 Likes

Then you have read something entirely else than most other people that agrees with Free and the rest.

1 Like

Same with Wizard, that also is the top on solo clears. Necromancer both got zdps spot and dps.
And no one has told that Barbarians are alone in needing something, but that was what people were focusing on, since they care more for that class / got the knowledge for it.

I couldn’t agree more with this.
We need to fight to get some love for Barbs, not with each other.

4 Likes

Right now Necromancers and Wizard have the best of both worlds. Crusaders are excluded from 4 man meta and below average solo. For barbs, what is a priority more DPS vs. keeping a spot as zDPS in 4 man meta?

2 Likes

Is this post directed at me or someone else? My posts are asking a simple question about barb preferences.

2 Likes

Yeah if you read the 4-man leader boards as ‘what needs to be changed’, WDs and Crusaders need more attention than Barbs do.

Only excluded cause people rather run with what everyone else does. The fact still remains that Crusader CAN be a BK. It got higher clears for solo grifts.

Micro RNA;

1. Not everyone plays or enjoys or cares about groups. What about those players?

2. Barb is only consistently the 4p meta due to two skills: harpoon and Ignore pain. Surely you don’t think that pure coincidence of two utility abilities for dps roles that clear trash is indicative of good class balance?

3. This is not really a relevant point that nullifies the problems we’re describing. Zmonk is usually in the 4p meta yet you’d never see me argue against buffs for that class (which they also need).

So yeah, I don’t see the point of your question.

3 Likes

No, but there is a definite unfairness if the other six classes get buffs / items and Barbarians don’t get any. You know, like Season 17.

4 Likes

Using the Diabloprogress :
Crusaders clear : 135.
Wd clear : 136
Barbarian clear : 128.

Just cause someone fits a meta with zdps does not mean they should be excluded from getting updates and fixes like everyone else.

6 Likes

This thread is too antagonistic and toxic.

2 Likes

This has been discussed in length. The only spot we have ever had is support. Yes we have a spot in 4 man meta pushes, but most people who level legendary gems quickly use speed runs.
What is the speed run meta? For S17 It’s 3 wizards and a monk or 3 necros and a barb. There were a few seasons that Speeds were 4 necros. Wiz also has a guaranteed spot in meta, has an amazing speed run build and has the top solo clear by far.
On top of that information, majority of barbs play solo. Zbarb isn’t very fun or engaging and has been around for so long that is only used by players who are farming paragon or gems.
Wizards are the top class in every aspect of the game, yet when barbs need a buff people run to tell us we have to choose one or the other while completely dismissing how dominant other classes are.
It’s an invalid point.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but toch of them are better solo. :confused:
WD is rocking right now.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I’ve read on the forums in just about forever.

(Former barb who went to DH years ago)

Don’t forget The executioner change. That could give Barbarians running zdps the kills.
That is soooo engaging in a HackNSlash game for sure…

It wasn’t directed at anyone in particular. My oldest hero is a Whirlwind Barb. I’d love to use him to do something other than farming for keys.

3 Likes

MicroRNA, please elaborate on why you think barb should have to choose between a boring support role or to have an average solo clear?
Are you purposely ignoring other classes?
By your logic each class should only be able to perform well in one subject. This is epitome of imbalance.

3 Likes