@ Nevalistis in regards to barb proposal

I didn’t say anything about blame. You’re the one putting those words out there. There seems to be a few people here that are misconstruing my words. I never said this is anybody’s fault.
I pointed out facts, said someone in blizzard needs to take some accountability for why the situation of balancing barbs has been handled improperly as well as giving a response on the subject.
The patch came out five days ago and a response has yet to be made. A few posts about keeping the forums on track and nobody’s feedback is better than another persons feedback, but no legitimate response.

5 Likes

Actually i was only critisizing the OP for lecturing the CM and the devs about how they should do their jobs. Voicing an opinion is fine, but getting personal and telling people how to their jobs because you didn’t get exactly what you wanted, is not ok.

3 Likes

I saw it. They said "in the future. " They instead went with an update that shows creativity and targets underlying game dynamics.

I love barbs. But their issues stem from their skills attacking in a small area or line, while also not specializing in single target dps. They are neither Condemn nor Impale. Those fixes will take longer.

The changes we got in 2.6.6 are broader, and show deeper interest in our game. Take it as a good sign instead of raging.

Quote me on where I told people how to do their jobs. Put it in a quote.

3 Likes

Yes!!! You win this round, /thread.

Please go to this post and read Free’s response. 2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

From that statement, I get the feeling you don’t know barb very well.

2 Likes

You see, this is the problem. There is nothing unfair about the devs reading some feedback and doing things differently. Your feedback is not representative of the entire player base, it is only representative of a small segment. And so they read all feedback and make changes according to what is good for everyone, not just a few people directing specific feedback to them. Barbs were not ignored with this latest patch, they were included, you just didn’t get enough of what you were hoping for.
People are sometimes right when they say that there are too many people these days with an overblown sense of self-entitlement.

Fundamental question:

In the context of a retail product (in this case a computer game), how much influence on the evolution of said product (if any) is expected based on customer feed back?

If the manufacture and consumer have different expectations, a frustrating disconnect is bound to occur…

1 Like

When you create a game and do “seasonal stuff” you send a message to your customers. You said the content in here will change with time, you can wait for some better things.

Players has proved many times this game is unbalanced. If blizzard dont care of this game at the point they can ignore problems for years they just have to say it.

It’s the minimum of respect for a playerbase who support their company for decades now.

2 Likes

Noodles; the fact of the matter is that the Barbarian class is broken. I’ll debate this point with any D3 dev that wants to talk about it. Not MissC or people who post on forums but have no game knowledge.

The class has been overlooked in solo due to their clears being faslely inflated due to wall charging. Literally, the entire top end of solo barb clears statistically is about 90% raekor wall charge spam combined with low ping to make stacks faster. Awesome gameplay.

The class has been overlooked due to their happenstance presence in 4player because of two skills… harpoon and ignore pain.

So yeah, you can think what you want about Free’s proposal but this problem has been kicked down the road for years. MissCheetah thinks I am exagerating but that claim only reveals her total cluelessness about the state of Barbs.

In 2020, Barb will have gone 5 years without relevant modifications.

As I mentioned before entire games are developed in that time frame.

Who is to blame? The CM? No. Any individual dev? Probably not. But the problem lies somewhere at Blizzard whether it’s a busted process or a dev team who stopped caring about quality long ago.

5 Likes

I will bite one last time.

Go read Free’s post. Every class except for Barbarians have gotten much more the recent 3 years. Implementing ONE outdated item, that does nothing is not “giving us something”. At all.

Never do you see anyone or can quote anyone saying “we want all on that list or else…”

So everyone at your workplace gets a raise. Gets to have vacation more often.
You don’t.

You proceed to complain, but the others just tells you that you “whine and cry”.
All you got was to get a sandwich once a month for free.

Would you like being told you cry and whine and “you got something at least, so shut it”?

Thought so. Adios.

2 Likes

what is most amazing to me is how dedicated, courteous and persistent Free, et. al. have been considering the lack of meaningful communication or positive results.

usually consumer just vote with their feet (walk away).

it’s truely amazing how dedicated to the Barb class some die-hard players are.

seems like that’s the type of loyalty a company should be going out of their way to foster and reward…?

9 Likes

Iv’e read all the patch notes since release and Barbs have gotten just as many changes as any other class. You keep claiming that “Barbs have gotten nothing” and “Mortick’s Brace does nothing” when it is simply not true, all the patch notes are evidence. Barbs have gotten plenty, but some people just expect that they should get more than anyone else.

Mortick’s Brace is a 4 year old item. It has been discussed at length why only 2 out of 5 runes are relevant for WOTB and the item is a marginal sidegrade for any Barb build that can employ it. Slaughter and Arreats Wail are garbage using old mechanics.

When I say Barbs have gotten nothing in all these patches, I mean they have gotten nothing that 1. Fixes their underlying problems 2. Makes them relevant as a standalone class in solo and groups without relying on bugs

You seem way out of the loop.

6 Likes

I agree that barbs should be buffed relative to DPS; however, there also is an 800lb gorilla in the room that keeps being ignored. Barbs and monks for the past 13 season have had GUARANTEED spots in the 4 man meta. As we know, group greater rift clears >>> solo greater rift clears. This fact affect the ability to level legendary gems and gain XP/paragon levels. So I wonder…

2 Likes

Then you have read something entirely else than most other people that agrees with Free and the rest.

1 Like

Same with Wizard, that also is the top on solo clears. Necromancer both got zdps spot and dps.
And no one has told that Barbarians are alone in needing something, but that was what people were focusing on, since they care more for that class / got the knowledge for it.

I couldn’t agree more with this.
We need to fight to get some love for Barbs, not with each other.

4 Likes

Right now Necromancers and Wizard have the best of both worlds. Crusaders are excluded from 4 man meta and below average solo. For barbs, what is a priority more DPS vs. keeping a spot as zDPS in 4 man meta?

2 Likes

Is this post directed at me or someone else? My posts are asking a simple question about barb preferences.

2 Likes