Necro Masquerade of Burning Carnival feedback

LoD mages FTW. :grimacing:

1 Like

Least there is options, LoD Mages, LoD Scythe, LoD CE
But yep, welcome to wizard treatment with new set >10-12+ GRs is fine to them I guess.

2 Likes

We shall have to see. The update just looks like a pass to fix mechanics, rather than messing with numbers. There is always the chance that they will adjust numbers before the final release when the changes go live.

Or not obviously.

1 Like

If this is all you will do for the new Necro set, thumbs down. You guys didnt really listen after all.

1 Like

Oh come on, people. Thereā€™s still plenty of time for them to make another iteration before it goes live, and plenty of opportunity afterwards too.

1 Like

This thread is useless, they donā€™t care about necro :expressionless:

Necro forever unloved

2 Likes

Shown in the Patch Notes the New Sets are just Stash Space now , nobodies going to actually where them if you want to do High End Group or Solo Content

So much drama. Even if this set is a waste of time this upcoming season, their stated goal is to balance sets and classes starting with season 22. Itā€™s not exactly the end of the world here. There have been a number of significant improvements for Necromancers overall, including the promise of a real Bone Spear set (and presumably the possibility to run an LoD Bone Spear build as well, once the pieces are in place to make the set competitive).

Basically every report said that the simulacra werenā€™t contributing properly, and they are supposed to literally do 6/7 of the total damage output. It isnā€™t crazy to think that they want to see how the set does after they fix them, and potentially multiply the damage by 7.

3 Likes

It actually doesnt even get that much, cause the 4 piece bonus does reduce the damage you DO by 50%, not damage taken like people seem to think. So it reduces your damage by 50% and splits the damage you take between your Simulacrums. So your overall damage is only half of what is implied by the 6 piece bonus.

With the update the simulacrum is better for proximity. I cannot put my finger on it, but while the damage potential is certainly there and the spear I still think needs another 5,000% damage and/or 150% to the 2-handed scythe, there is some mechanic that does not seem to work as intended, that is, if the intent is for this set to be competitive.

1 Like

No, youā€™re wrong.
The 4 piece reduces the damage that you take by 50%. This is why you can get slapped around in a GR95+ without Final Service or any kind of shielding or health regen, without dying, with less than 100m toughnessā€¦ You cannot do that with any other Necro set.

But the simulacrums arenā€™t as bad as people were making out.
Yes, they can get stuck behind waller and around corners.

I literally never had them not follow me, or not be able to shoot what iā€™m shooting at. The only time they were not able to hit something was because waller, and i was not able to hit it either. So this change doesnā€™t really do a damn thing for 99% of the time.

Similar to the DH set, the new Necro-Set lacks the influence of ideas of the community.

Bone Spirit, Revive and Death Nove fit very well with a Simulacrum build, butā€¦ We got a"new" Bone Spears-Set.

By the way, the Necro lacks of a few useful offhands with synergies! Seriously!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it is complicated, but rather complementary.

Revive maybe does fit a pure Summoning set better, but at least on this set it also would be optional.

DAMAGE IS NOT ENOUGH FOR PUSHING GRs

Honestly at this point I do not care how fun it is to play, mechanically easy to use or any other detail. I just want a viable Necro set that does/takes the damage so that I can play High GR solos with the same ease that Barbs, Crusaders, etcā€¦ do!! I just see whirlwind barbs whiz through levels tearing through Elites like its nothing while I am shooting a spear, running back, shooting one more, running back then I am out of essence and stuck.

Just add enough damage to the spear and donā€™t let Necro die every time a porcupine or skeleton archer sneezes in the Necros direction.

2 Likes

Sure, but it is understandable why they didnā€™t touch the damage numbers this pass. There were a lot of people saying the simulacrum spears werenā€™t hitting where they were supposed to due to bad positioning if your minions. But it is hard to know how much of the time that was happening. So they knew that damage might go up as much as 7x, but it could easily be less than that. It is important to have a solid baseline before you tweak numbers.

^^ This!!

Iā€™ve put a ton of time in to my necro, am almost 800 paragon, and itā€™s all been solely testing this set out. Iā€™ve never had any issues with my sims, aside from:

• When I first got them and was in town and testing my spear, they appeared to face in random directions and shoot in opposite directions to me. This has not happened in rifts.
  • When thereā€™s a waller, all my bone spears including theirs stop at the wall (and most of the time I donā€™t see the wall), but iā€™ve always been able to maneuver around the wall without an issue (unless another wall goes up).
  • if iā€™m stood on a corner, they shoot at the wall, i just literally move 2 steps to the side and itā€™s ok again - iā€™ve only noticed this once.

So for me, the change to have the sims teleport to you is really nice, but it makes about 0.01% of a difference to my damage done.

The problem for this build isnā€™t so much the lack of damage, although that is a problem (but it could just be that iā€™m not using the right stats at the moment), itā€™s that at higher levels when things take longer to kill, you run out of essence and canā€™t do a damn thing because thereā€™s no way of recouping your essence.

I could replace blood rush with bone spikes perhaps. Grim Scythe is not an option because iā€™m playing ranged, with serration and zeiā€™s. Getting in close to attack really slowly (I donā€™t have attack speed, because cdr is better for this build due to SotC) is basically a death wish.

If they were to fix the essence generation, by perhaps giving us a phylactery that gave us a -90% essence cost for Bone Spear, or 10 essence per tick for every cursed enemy or something like that, then we would be able to maintain our essence and do damageā€¦
Just having essence would let me fairly easily push 100 or maybe even 105. Without having good stats on my gear, my legendaries only at 30-35, and no augments.

Because the set is super tanky, although itā€™s starting to get a little less so at 97+, having vitality, health %, and armor on gear seems like it could be a problem.

If I could replace all of those as much as possible with CC, CD, CDR, and lastly AS, I think I could do a lot more damage and still be able to survive fairly easily, it might even get me to 110/115 without good legendary gems, and that would be a record for me personally.

2 Likes

If you swap Bone Armor for Command Skeletons, and the SotC for the Jesseth set, it should alleviate the need for CDR while giving the same damage boost. Might be worth looking into.

In theory itā€™s worth the try, but you lose 30% damage reduction from Bone Armor 10 stack (which you can cube Wisdom of Kalan to get an additional 15% if you want, good in a group).
if you get a really good shield then you might be able to negate most of that loss, but i doubt youā€™ll get back all of it. Youā€™ll also lose most of the armor bonus from Stand Alone, so all in all youā€™ll be squishy in comparison.

You also need to command your skeletons to attack to get that bonus, which if you run out of resource is not possible.
If however, Stricken stacks with pet hits, then this could be good, because your pets could stack Stricken while you wait for your CoE element to come around, and then 1 shot the boss with a super Spear.

If that doesnā€™t happen (probably doesnā€™t work that way), youā€™d also be losing your Bone Armor stun, which procs Krysbinā€™s for 300% instead of 100%.

Youā€™d be able to swap Stand Alone out for something else tough, perhaps Grisly Tribute so your skeletons heal you, or Fueled by Death for faster movement speed?

So, itā€™s hard to tell in T16, but iā€™m definitely more squishy, thatā€™s the first T16 that iā€™ve died in while wearing this set, and i just cleared a GR99 before switching with little trouble with toughess.

It does feel like I do more damage, but thatā€™s probably because of the GR99 just before it.

I did get a crit Bone Spear for i think 7.4T on the rift guardian though, previously I think my highest hit was about 5.4T - but i donā€™t think that was a crit, and i let my skeletons attack her for quite some time before killing her.

So, as far as damage goes itā€™s about the same, toughness is poor in comparison, and i donā€™t think stricken is being applied by the pets (they also donā€™t always attack another target when their target dies, depends on how close to them you are, which when using ranged attacks to kill stuff means they tend to stop attacking fairly frequently).

I think iā€™ll stick to what I had, but itā€™s definitely an option.

You would definitely need to swap out for a generator to pull it together if you are using skeletons, and you are right that the ways that you are building toughness would need to change. But to be fair, with Jessethā€™s the skeletons will continue attacking new targets as long as there is one in range from just a single cast. So this isnā€™t a huge drain on your resources, as it would be if you had to target each enemy manually. As far as I understand, pets donā€™t add Stricken stacks, so they wouldnā€™t help you in that way. But, skeletons DO provide some utility beyond just triggering Jessethā€™s. The first being that they work as a screen, keeping mobs and ranged attacks away from you so long as you are mindful of positioning.

They also provide two strong choices as far as runes: Dark Mending which will heal you for a percentage of your health on each hit, good for while you are getting used to the build and play style, and need some extra toughness, and Freezing Grasp, which freezes their targets for 3 seconds after they attack, providing a trigger for the enhanced Krysbinā€™s and giving a bit of crowd control. A key advantage of the Freezing Grasp option being that it only costs essence, and while it only freezes a given target once per use, you can simply trigger it again at the start of a CoE cycle to get an additional freeze, while still being far away.

An additional defensive passive option that you didnā€™t mention is Rigor Mortis. So long as you are using Blighed Marrow as your Bone Spear rune (since it has the highest damage potential), it lets you slow and weaken your enemies from a distance, and is on par with the 30% reduction from Bone Armor. Of course, if you are willing to cube a Wisdom of Kalan, you could use a Unity instead for more damage reduction all the time. But if you are willing to stay back and let your minions keep the enemies at bay, I think a Briggā€™s Wrath, specifically when paired with Blighted Marrow, provides an excellent offensive option, which will have its damage go up quite significantly as you pull together larger numbers of targets.

A less obviously defensive combination would be using a Molten Wildebeast Gizzard gem with the Draw Life passive, though this would be most effective for a closer range build. The gem would also work well with Bone Armor - Thy Flesh Sustained, which I think would be fine if Bone Prison would proc as much as it seems like it should, but isnā€™t great with the relatively low CC up time you get now.

Anyway, I guess I just think there are multiple paths this set could go down, and with options that donā€™t depend on high CDR there is room for more flexibility.

1 Like