Necro Masquerade of Burning Carnival feedback

I like that both the Bone Spears and the Simulacrums seem to do the heavy lifting for once instead of multiplying/triggering something else (how relatively strong/weak this is compared to other necro builds is another matter). However, is there any reason that the six piece bonus shouldn’t include Bone Spirit?

I assume a viable Revive build will be reserved for the more general balance/tweaking patches following 2.6.9, but this set seems ripe to host Bone Spirit now.

20 Likes

It also chould include Death Nova.

Maybe not Skeletal Mages, since they wanna get rid of Rat Runs and Mage spamming, but eventually adding all secondary Necro skills might be an option as well.

Hell, they maybe even could add Revive to this set, which would be fun to run around with a massive army of revived summoned from your Simulacrums (but then they had to be changed to also be able to use Revive.

Or maybe simply add
“Increase the damage of Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, etc by 10.000% and your Simulacrums deal triple that amount. Increase the damage of Revive by xx.xxx%”

7 Likes

Hmm. I dunno, I think Revive would be a better fit thematically for the bones of rathma set. With burning carnival, having your simulacrums launching artillery when you do works just as well with bone spirit as it does spear, so this set seems like a better vehicle for it.

Death/poison nova seems like it ought to be incorporated into the pestilence set just because of the theme, but i’m not sure how that would work (I don’t really play necros much and can’t remember it off the top of my head).

2 Likes

It should buff Bone Spikes, Siphon Blood, Death Nova and Bone Spirit too… and the Simulacrums will need to cast these skills too.

This way, we can have a viable build using those legendaries where Bone Spikes have a chance to case Bone Nova and Siphon Blood has a chance to case Blood Nova.

Agree. Revive should be an alternative to Skele Mages on the Rathma set.

4 Likes

Firstly, I really like the visuals for this set. Definitely has a nice look to it. The added Bone Spears from the simulacrums also make it effect a larger area, which is useful. Hard to tell how well it plays right now though, the lag makes the relatively high precision attacks harder to get on target. Also, I haven’t been able to dig up a Brigg’s Wrath, to test if my idea of using it to group up enemies before hitting them with Spears will work as well as I hope.

Edit: If I were to expand the set, I would do so focused around the Bone Prison passive, extending the 6 piece bonus to Bone Spikes and Bone Spirit, but not other abilities that people have mentioned.

I definitely agree that Bone Spirit should be a part of this set.

Death Nova, Skeletal Mages and Revive are optional.
I just suggested Revive to be added to this set because we are not going to see a Revive set in a long time, whether that is a new Revive set, or Revive getting added to the Rathma set.

Revive would indeed perfectly fit on the Rathma set, but when are we going to see that? Maybe next year or so…

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed is that sometimes the simulacrums are getting stuck behind walls and stuff and shoot in walls, so you have to reposition yourself to get them to shoot the enemies. Has anyone else encountered this ?

7 Likes

Was hoping something would replace the WD as Trash Killer, certainly doesnt look like at first play that the Necro Set is going to be doing that. It abit of fun SOLO wise but Group play i just dont see the benefits here , even with the WD NERF it seems its still going to be taking that spot.

If Necro was trying to take that spot, it would be with a CE build, not with Bone Spears. And with all the boosts that went to CE with this patch, that may be possible.

Based on my meagre 1 day of Testing . .I find that highly unlikely

There is still room to encourage further changes. After all, the whole point of testing is to see if they hit their mark or not. And since CE was clearly being targeted with this patch, I don’t see why it would be out of the question.

1 Like

Another patch of skeletons and LoD builds. Lol why they even bother making new sets that absolutely fail based around 1 skill.

2 Likes

We need a proper OffHand and bracer item

12 Likes

Set Lacks Huge Amounts of Damage. I thought the aim was GR130 Solo for Sets not bloody GR100

5 Likes

GR 53 so far (not stuck just taking a break). Only Bane of the Powerful @25 for L gem, only 1 ancient, 200 ish para ATM, and one shotting everything faster then it spawns. I know it’s super early to say anything concrete, but feels good and really strong early on. I’m still figuring correct out skill combos and proper gear setup as well. Very far from optimized.

(Using Shatter Rune)

1 Like

What are you doing that you are failing at this set?

There are certain issues with the set:

• Simulacrums often stay behind, so they need to change their speed or positioning to keep up with you.
  • Currently, there’s a bug someone tested that makes Final Service to kill your minions, including Simulacrum, even when using the Haunted Vision ammy.
  • Essence with Maltorius Spike is a problem
  • Your generators do not contribute to your damage in any significant way. Since this set is solely based around Bone Spear, every second you don’t cast it, you deal 0 damage.
  • Simulacrums do not proc the essence generation when using a Primary skill
  • When using the spreading rune for Life Leech, it doesn’t proc the three curses, as it should due to Simulacrums making it cast the three base curses everytime a curse is cast
  • Walls and Monsters with Waller affix, coupled with clunky repositioning, makes you deal low to none damage.

Other changes I think they should incorporate

• Set buffs Primary Skills, so know you also deal damage while generating essence to keep up with Bone Spears cost
  • Set / R. Volition shoulder pads makes Simulacrum now also be able to cast your Primaries (not just Grim Scythe)
  • Set should buff other skills like Bone Spirit, Death Nova
  • SImulacrum should be able to proc Bone Prison
  • SImulacrum should be able to proc Bone Nova from those legendary boots that gives 30% proc chance of Bone Nova when using Bone Spike
13 Likes

There is a random issue too. Considering that Simulacrum says clearly that “Create a Simulacrum made of blood that will duplicate your secondary skills for the duration” - Bone Spear randomly does not get duplicated by the simulacrum(s).
Considering it is not difficult to get 100% uptime with this, it is noticeable, especially in GR’s above 100.

Really suck that these Sims, made from necro’s own blood and bones, are dumber than WD’s Fetishes or Necro’s Dogs.

“Attack This!” - WD
“Yes Boss!” — Fetishes

“Attack this!” - Necro
“duhhhhhh” - Sims

4 Likes

Because it plays awful and it isn’t viable much over 100 without some serious work. Unless you’re spamming bone spear you’re doing 0 dmg and half the time the sims shoot at walls and get stuck in corners.

Poor design.

6 Likes