Necro Masquerade of Burning Carnival feedback

It’s a burning carnival of you know what.

Is it just me or is this diet DoD witch doctor based around a cheat death that doesn’t even work.

Seriously nobody even wants to necro anymore because the items only work in LoD format and even then you’re not getting a whole lot of build diversity.

A useful offhand that everyone’s screaming for would be awesome or a refund of $14.99 to buy something else and break it myself.

GR 100 ?? I am doing 90 in 5-6 min with 1920 paragon…comparing with barb rend which does 90 in 3 min max at 1000 paragon I would say 130 is only a dream with the build as it is.
I think it needs a big dmg % buff to be able to go higher than 100…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t everyone agree that the dmg % of the BS should be higher than 10.000 ?and the dmg of the simulacrums higher than 30.000 in this case too ? maybe this would make the build able to go higher than GR100.
With all the buffs (6 piece bonus of 10000dmg + 30000dmg of simulacrums + the BS buff spear in the cube for 700% dmg increase) still BS seems to be slow on taking elites and RG especially above GR 90.
I’m running on paragon 1900+ right now and it takes 5-6 min to clear GR 90 which I consider is way too long for a GR90 at this paragon lvl.
I wonder how high can we go with the build as it is with 0 paragon when starting from scratch …not too high that’s for sure…maybe struggling to get to t16 and stick there for a while…opinions ?

If, and it’s a big IF, the current 6 piece bonus is being applied correctly. I’m not convinced that it is.

10K + 30K + 30K should be melting Elites and RGs and it’s not. Something just feels off about their current damage and IMO, there’s a bug in there somewhere,

2 Likes

100% it feels weird in any item setup with just “filling” your offhand. I even tried a 2hander just to see if the damage difference was worth and do some RP grim reaper.

I think it’s bugged. Even doing 105s sometimes the RGs health would literally half in one hit and the next tickled them, even with the same buffs active.

2 Likes

This will never get fixed, the stair boss is real. Ask anyone who’s ever played WD Darts.

This is a QOL that I can’t see changing.

This set demonstrates everything that WDs have suffered for along time when it comes to pets and leashing in this game.

Have you also noticed that the Sims can’t shoot bones through Waller’s? Zero damage while a wall is up, ridiculous tbh.

2 Likes

About thee random damage, I have no rng in my build.
And I have same problem.

2 Likes

I’ve seen no spikes in dmg, not hat big anyway. The only curve I saw was how and when my sims attack, target, position, distance… nothing unusual I’d say

My current build has no RNG items.
I see my damage sometimes be 20b 20b 20b and then suddenly 1050b.

That’s weird. I haven’t seen such spikes

Firstly, I rarely every play necro, so keep that in mind if I say something really stupid, lol… This sets description seemed interesting to me, so I’m thinking about maining it during the season… but with the basic gear, and nearly 5k paragon, I feel it’s very underwhelming.

Not sure if all of the defensive abilities of this set are working correctly, per the description, plus using the DR shoulders, belt, bone armor, curses, etc, my toon still getting torn up like a wet paper bag.

Damage is 100% bone spear, which is fine sub-100 GR… but there just aren’t enough supporting items to put it on par with other classes primary damage abilities… feels like something needs to be added. I’m also having issues with essence regeneration, bone spear costs so much to cast, and the generators seem soooooooo slow to rebuild it… am I totally missing something here?

Again, I don’t play necro often, was hoping this would be a fun set to get me interesting in the class, but… as is, it’s just not there.

3 Likes

Yeah basically i proposed Bone Spirit months back when Blizz asked for new set ideas. Haunt of Vaxo is now basically almost exactly what i poroposed except they nerfed the health damage on it even further.
Considering what they manage to create perhaps add Bone Spirit to the set, or add legendaries for LoD build for it. For example:
Retool Bonesaber of Zumakalis: Your Simulacrums can now cast BoneSpirit when you do. Bone Spirit’s damage is incresed by XXX% (or a XX% but stackable several times) and a new belt: Army Of the Dead gains Death Valley rune and is cast whenever you cast Bone Spirit + a small damage boost to bone spirit XX% (the 4 sec Damage immunity passive would not be triggeed this way as procs don’t proc procs as a general rule of thumb). Before anyone says it’s OP try to remember that bone spirit is on cooldown and even when constantly consuming corpses the cast animation is so slow one could probably cast around 16-20 times per minute (that is considering full CDR gear with Leo crown (down to 6 sec. CD on Bone Spirit) so that constant corpse consumption yealds full 4 charges on poltergeist rune. (just so you know corpse lance casting is considered, corpse consuming, ergo Bone spirit CD goes down.

Alternatively for damage multipiler give it 100% crit chance or buff Area Damage proc chance for Bone Spirit to 100% va an item.

1 Like

Basically, there are two paths forward with this set, and which is better hasn’t been figured out just yet. The first is you use a CoE, spam Bone Spear during the correct cycle, and spam Bone Spikes out of cycle. Three Bone Spikes should pay for two Bone Spears, so there should be time to regen and otherwise get ready for the next CoE cycle. If you are in a group and have someone else to handle single targets, Grim Scythe is a lot faster at restoring essence, so long as you hit several enemies at once.

The second is to use LotD (Land of the Dead), a Zodiac ring, Captain Crimson’s set, and the Devour skill. You pop LotD, spam your Bone Spears and Devour at the same time to keep your essence up. Keep spamming Bone Spears until you run out of essence, by which point you should be at or close to hitting LotD again, depending on the particulars of your CDR, RCR, and ASI. Depending, this may be a vanishingly rare case where a Gogok of Swiftness might make sense (totally my opinion here, haven’t seen anyone else bring the Gogok up, but with the need for both attack speed and cooldown reduction it just makes sense to me).

1 Like

There’sa third option and my favourite at the same time. Try Moribound Gauntlets (golem poops corpses) plus flesh golem, reaper’s wraps + globe when consuming corpses passive and it is enaugh. already did a 75 with it with absolutely no resource issuses. the issues were damage output and survi as i’m low para and have sh!t gear.
Forgot to say set devour:devouring aura

The problem with a Golem based approach is that they don’t survive well as you get into higher tiers. If they were tweaked to not die every few seconds, then that might make sense as a strategy.

I’ have no idea how long they last in high GR but i have mine turn into pile of corpses in less than every 10 seconds (golem pants -25 sec) so down to 20sec CD. next the pasive 30% reduction (down to 14sec) plus +/- 50% CDR so you can easily achive 7 sec CD on the golem. i do hope golem stays up at least this long?

For my builds i’m sort of golemohilic as I find it only viable source of constant corpses rorg+poop gauntlets + golem pants

Sometimes, sometimes not. There is a reason that the Enforcer gem includes 90% DR for pets. But since I don’t think the Simulacrums count as pets, it doesn’t make sense to waste a gem slot on it.

1 Like

Yeah I get you…

EDIT: Simulacrum could as well benefit from enforcer, since from actual standpoint they should be considered pets. DH for exxample has some minions that don’t have portrait and health bar and are counted as pets ( sentries, bat,ferrets)

1 Like

2-Piece Bonus

• Your Simulacrums no longer take damage, gains all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die.

This practically means they are INVINCIBLE, just like followers with the “cannot die” trinket. And since they dont take damage, there is no need for any Sim DR. IF they are taking damage, then it is a BUG. If they are simply DYING, then it means, the NECRO himself/herself DIED and the Sims sacrificed themselves…

4-Piece Bonus

• While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%. Damage you take is split with your Simulacrums as well.

There was a different interpretation to that:
Someone opined that the 1st statement means your DPS is halved!
And 2nd Statement means you gain 66.7% DR instead of the suspected 83%.