Mysterious GoD6 DH Bug

With those choices means he’s a noob at the game but a pro at exploiting haha.

Another such clear recorded on frontpage NA boards. This deserves more attention.

I just saw the one of GR144 in 3:02 with 2245 paragon.

1 Like

Seems legit.

/sarcasm

1 Like

Ya’ll know, Blizzard isn’t gonna fix it before season, right? So, either there’s gonna be a leaderboard wipe in the first few weeks or the bug will stand till end of season.

I’m tempted to let them figure it out on their own. It isn’t like they didn’t lie to us about the Soul Shards, or nuthin.

5 Likes

No augs and a non-ancient Dawn. Missing crit chance in most slots on their gear. What the hell?

EDIT: Highest GR on their profile before this era is around GR120.

3 Likes

Well, they had an entire season with broken Wiz Twisters dominating the board. They had a season with zdps builds running solo GR150s.

It’s not a bug, its a feature, obviously. Everything is working as intended. These definitely are not the droids you are looking for. Nothing to see here, move along.

7 Likes

False alarm. Everything’s fine here. We’re all fine here…How are you?

LOL!

7 Likes

Mooltipass.

3 Likes

He kept his ethereals;)

That results are far from expecting even with ethereals. No way any dh was able to clear 144 in 3 mins with 2k with ethereal or without

5 Likes

players: bruh game is broken…
Blizzard: “working as intended”

1 Like

Don’t be silly, Chris. That would require them to respond.

3 Likes

There is a correlation between rebirth on Asia’s S25 And other strange issues. You’ve probably seen the videos by now… players starting with paragon and items, could this be another side effect?

What the hell, indeed!

Seems like the only notable constant is that the GoD set is used- this 144 isn’t using either of the big move speed buffs utilized in the 146.

The results seem way too extreme to be an effect of “accidentally kept Ethereals”, as Shu has pointed out. No DH was ploughing 144 like this last season, especially at 2k paragon.

It’s too extreme, too, for “accidentally removed pierce cap on NCC”. GoD was more powerful in those days, but not 144 in 3 minutes with 2k paragon.

And, I sort of wondered if maybe the effect of Momentum had been accidentally inverted… normally, each stack of Momentum gives you 8% move speed. So, maybe each 8% additional move speed was reading as a stack of Momentum. But, I think that would be immediately noticable to anybody looking for the bug. And, even with about 400% bonus move speed, this would only about quintuple your normal damage, which I think is probably not enough to explain 144 in 3 minutes. And, if it were that, why wouldn’t we see the 144 guy with move speed buffs, or the 146 guy with even more move speed buffs, like SP: Shadow Glide, or use Lianna’s Wings, etc?

I also wondered if it was something like a bug where, if you reach the exit shrine at the end of 7, 8, 9 floors or whatever, and use it, the rift gets marked as cleared. That would kind of explain why GoD is used- because it’s fast. But, if you could do that, why wouldn’t you just do 150? So, it’s probably not that.

Whatever it is, it lets you either kill or skip both the mobs and the boss… and it only seems to work with GoD.

4 Likes

You might be onto something here, I think. I noticed in the patch notes that they claim to have fixed a long-standing issue with Calamity not working properly with GoD. It might be possible that they fixed it a bit too well.

1 Like

Hmm, interesting…

So, neither of those players was holding Calamity, or had it in the cube. And, I don’t think Scoundrel can carry it, right? And, neither of them had Marked for Death on the bar, so they weren’t taking advantage of any runed effect. If it were directly Calamity-related, they’d have to be doing something like equipping it, then de-equipping it.

But, maybe if you equip Calamity, then the game makes some adjustment to your Momentum stacking ability, and then never un-does it when you de-equip?

If your Momentum stack limit were uncapped, say, how high could you actually get them? So, assuming they still decay at the normal rate, but now instead of capping at 10, they don’t cap at all.

THAT might explain the level of damage we’re seeing.

Another possibility is that somehow you can run the rift with multiple players (like, teaming with 1 or more Inna Monks), and they can leave the rift just before the boss dies, and somehow this gets recorded as a 1-player clear. But, it would be strange if that bug for some reason worked only with GoD DH. I suppose you might inadvertently discover such a thing while playing zDH in a group…

4 Likes

Oooohh I like mysteries :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What changed in the patch? Depth diggers.

What cube items does GOD use?

Maybe a connection?

This is Wudi’s video about some of the abnormalities:

One of the comments says:
There’s a bug on god dh since the new patch. That if u hit a lag spike and didn’t see the momentum building up (even you’re using hungering arrow to proc momentum) and once you’re lagging is okay You kinda teleports throught the level and hit 1800000t in one click. Happened to me twice yesterday

1 Like

But Depth Diggers buffed HA before the change.