Muyu's Suggested Changes Compilation

you clearly spent a good amount of time on this. nice job. :+1:

I feel like blizzard should have made a feedback-specific forum where people can post their well thought out change lists and reasoning. Dozens of them are just mixed into the random threads on here and you know blizz doesn’t/cant read them all. But at least other people like Dbrunksie has made in-depth change lists like this and sent them off during Alpha so just know that blizz definitely has the feedback from the community that wants changes.

2 Likes

i agree 100% with everything, except loot filters are harmless.

i mean u can argue they could be harmful if they are coded incorrectly, as that could hide the wrong items or even crash the game… but as long as each person gets to see drops how they want. and u pick what u want to see… this hurts no one.

like if im playing alone what the issue? if im playing a in a party… if people flat out hate filters THAT MUCH, then ok give them an option to disable filters for thier game on game creation. i’ll be a bit more annoying for me for sure. but no harm done. its not like the items arnt still.

“filters are disabled in this game” checkbox on creation easy no harm done.

1 Like

Charm inventory yes, Ill agree, a vet will utilize this to so many advantages.

Loot filter, I see it as minor and would be useful. I can live with or without it though.

1 Like

It’s not harmless. It’s not on my list of “I will refund if they add this”, but it definitely harms the type of player that does not want to have to use a filter.

4 Likes

If they choose not to use it, thats on them though, just like auto gold… are you gonna say the same for that if a noob decides he doesnt want to use it and finds it harmful that he has to pick up the gold manually…
I dont agree, he chose not to use an option that every player has.

Auto gold is divided by party, it is not relevant.

1 Like

how? this isnt “personal loot”, the drops dont change… for the haters (like yourself) just give them a checkbox that disables all filters for their games… then people who join with a filter can still only see the default game…

You cant force people to use someone else filters as that would be horrific, but we have all played the game without a filter… i wouldn’t like playing with a filter as much but for people who don’t like them there is no downside for this option, and its perfectly acceptable.

if every game u are in you have a loot filter off and everyone else does as well how does this affect you? as long as drops don’t change there is no different.

2 Likes

I never said they would be missing out on gold, I said if they choose not to use it, they are harming themselves ,ergo by your logic with a loot filter, auto gold is harmful to the game because someone can choose not to use it for the advantage?

What will the name of the Mod you’re planning on creating?

4 Likes

I have literally no bias towards any of these changes, but I do recognize good suggestions when I see them and having the ability to enable/disable loot filters per game sounds like an excellent suggestion - though it would probably be something added post-launch as they would need to go through the entire item index to correctly assess what goes where.

Clicking through 2 items is faster than clicking 6. It’s simple math.

I don’t think we should be creating a remaster that drastically changes the interaction between 8 player boss drops.

There are so many memes on YouTube about Diablo2 bossdrops and everyone clicking through the items, only to open their inventory to find a scroll of identify.

The crazy clickfest on boss drops is iconic, you might as well add personal loot if you add filters.

1 Like

why are u focusing on the only time in the game people are all actually stacked on top of each other… that’s like… 1% of the game, its literally ONLY act bosses, the ENTIRE rest of the game doesn’t have this issue.

Diablo 2: When Friends Unite.

Wait with bated breath friend. It’s coming!

Agreed, but then again I do know a lot of players that almost exclusively run public Baal, so this would be an issue for them.

For myself, I almost always level to 90-93 without a single baalrun, so I’m mostly unaffected, personally.

You can kill Nihlathak and still have Anya portal up, what is needed to close portal is to kill Nihlathak and take the halls of pain WP. But if you want to do Nihlathak farming ideally you would take the WP to make it way faster.

1 Like

Indeed… This x100… but I must concede to the fact that if Mercs were brought to modern AI standards, they’d be as powerful, if not more than us purely because automation is faster than we can process. You could basically gear your merc up to solo stuff when you sit back and eat a bag of popcorn.

Maybe if they improved pathing only? I’d be down with just pathing being improved and leaving their dummy AI brain alone.

they dont need to be godly. But, making them so they dont randomly run backwards or just stand and do nothing while combat is happening would be really nice.

3 Likes

So you think a charm inventory is harmless but a larger player inventory is game breaking?

1 Like

Yeah, my bad, didn’t include an exception regarding that in the description. It has been fixed.

“QoL”

1. Additional Menu Buttons – Sure why not.
  2. Offline Single Player (SP) Ladder Runewords – Yes.
  3. Retain patch 1.13 Drop Rates – Yes.
  4. Charm Inventory – If it’s in a separate game mode, or mod configuration setting, sure I guess. Otherwise, no.
  5. Bug Fixes for Broken Skills – Undecided.
  6. Buff/Debuff display – If it’s a toggle, sure.
  7. Skill Activation Screen Limit – Yes.
  8. Extended Limitations on Visible Items on Ground – Hey, this is the ONLY thing I’ve been personally pushing for as far as changes, glad it made the list. 100% Yes.
  • EDIT: I would also like to clarify auto gold pick-up does not completely solve this issue, It helps for most cases but not all cases. There is still a lot of other garbage that can clutter the screen that isn’t just gold, and especially at higher player counts. (NoDrop decreased) To me it just makes sense to increase this limit along with the resolution, as it’s only 32 dropped items in proximity before further items aren’t displayed. I think this limit could be raised to something appropriate for resolutions greater than 800x600.
  1. Scroll Wheel controlled Zoom – Yes.
  2. Remove Cow Level penalty – Yes.
  3. Keep Anya Portal Open – Yes.
  4. Drop Sound Notification/Map beacon – Undecided.
  5. Ctrl or Alt + Click Inv->Stash/Stash->Inv – Yes. (Yes this is implemented in alpha)
  6. Book of Runes/RuneBook – Yes, runewords and cube recipes please.
  7. Show Min/Max Values on Items – Yes please.
  8. Legacy D2R Widescreen Resolution Support – Actually you know what, I’m open to this, and it’s not hard at all to do either.
  9. Larger Horadric Cube – Again, another thing I’m on the fence about. Depending on size, a reasonable size, maybe. Otherwise no.
  10. Open BattleNet/Similar Functionality – Yes.
  11. Uber Bosses/Events in Single Player – Sure, why not.

“Gameplay altering changes”

1. Skill Balancing – If it’s in a separate game mode, sure.
  2. Additional Content (DLC or otherwise) – Undecided.
  3. Infinite Throwable/Ammunition – No thanks.
  4. P2W, Microtransactions, Gates – Absolutely not.
  5. Alternate Servers for Old Patches – Sure I guess, won’t be seeing any use from me.
  6. Separate Servers for Classic Diablo 2/LoD, Classic Resurrected and Lord of Destruction Resurrected – Undecided.
  7. Loot Filters – On the fence with this one.
  8. Changes to Items/Itemization – If it’s in a separate game mode, sure.
  9. Show More Stats Beneath Monster Health Bar – If it’s a toggle, sure.
  10. PVP Arena/PVP Handshake – Iffy on this one. I’ve seen this implemented on a server called “D2GA”.
  11. Respecialization/Respec – Leave it as-is.
  12. Additional Item Updates/Per Ladder – No thanks.
  13. Continued Support/Updates – If it’s for combating cheats/exploits etc… I’m all for this.
  14. Mercenary(Merc) AI/Pathing Improvement – Yes.
  15. Larger Player Inventory – No thanks.
  16. More/Infinite Stash Tabs – Infinite stash for SP only, then sure.
  17. Tradable Unique Charms – Undecided.
  18. Stacking Potions/Runes – If it’s in a separate game mode, sure.
  19. Multiboxing – This has been apart of Diablo II for a long time, even I used to do this, and not for malicious reasoning either, the primary purpose is usually for self-rushing or filling in player slots in solo MF, I’m not against this.
2 Likes