Multiboxing should be allowed...i hope

Hi Guys,

On my point of view, Join with multiple accounts with multiple clients should be allowed.

Making Chant games for the low people…ofc legit without botting, we already did this often in d2. Manually spamming it

And for Bo Barb, feels amazing get ton of def and a big duration of the buffs so runs can be more optimized made and for HC it feels healthy aswell.

Blizz u know what to do…Allow multiboxing…its legit we still need to use our hands…no sign of botting.

Thanks in advance

If the barometer of whether or not to allow multi boxing is the effect it has on in game economy, I don’t think it looks good. They’re banning it now because it has gotten out of control in WoW, and I’d expect the same for D2R.

10 Likes

Incorrect.

Multiboxing is allowed in WoW. For WoW, they announced that key mirroring software (and now hardware) is no longer allowed that streamlines multiboxing.

See:
Policy Update for Input Broadcasting - May 2021 - WoW Classic / The Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

And by people I guess you mean you exclusively right? :sweat_smile:

Because you dont need multiboxing for just giving people enchant.

I am honestly against it, it goes against spirit of game to just join twice and give yourself BO.

If you are not barbarian and you need bo, join someone who play barbarian or make CTA.

I hope they will not allow it actualy. If you play on battle net, use other people for this, why do you need multiboxing? Just play with others. Thats the point of battle net.

9 Likes

How would Blizzard know if one player was using two accounts on two computers or two players using two accounts on two computers living in the same household ?

Same IP, hardware, personal details, same credit card.

No, play without rush bots chant bots etc, it will be funny seeing all the botters struggling to complete normal difficulty.

5 Likes

I sincerely hope they will ban any and all forms of multiboxing.

It’s basically pay2win. No thank you.

Having more accounts or a better computer or even multiple computers should not give you an advantage.

12 Likes

If there are one or 2 players using separate accounts on separate computers, then how would Blizzard know that it was one person versus two hitting the keys.

They’ll figure it out. That’s their jobs, not ours. They have security experts for a reason, and we don’t know what tools and methods they use.

5 Likes

So you expect Blizzard to invest a lot of money to make less money?

:thinking:

I am sure they will figure something out, just like they do for WoW already. I could care less to argue semantics that don’t matter to anyone anywhere, as no suggestion given here, or objection, will change Blizzard’s existing policy.

3 Likes

I dont understand why do you keep asking me these question. I wasnt talking about how to detect people playing from two accounts in my reaction to OP.

How does this make sense? Why should they care? If you buy two accounts and will be runing it on two machine operating them at the same time, go for it lol :rofl:

Btw you are obligated to type your true personal info on accounts so they will know its you. Unless you lie of course and type there fake info. But in that case good luck getting your account back if something happen.

1 Like

You can still multibox in WoW.
You are just not allowed to use software to broadcast clicks and keystrokes to multiple clients.

All software, hardware and key mirroring was banned in WoW and it was an awsome decission.
Without the above multiboxing is pretty much pointless unless you drag a character behind you for leveling…

Within one night you could see 80% less multiboxers ruining economy.

3 Likes

I mean yea if we get consistently team up but i think d2r will be in the end a game of people with such a small player base so no idea if we get team up consistently…so i am somebody i will play this damn game even all chars lv 99 so at least i have a somebody who fills my spot and give me a fresh air of bc bo and shout.

They banned using hardware and or software that mimics keystrokes and mouse movements, which would allow a single player to operate multiple characters in multiple accounts at the same time.

***"We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way. Players found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. "

They have a “warden” program built into all their games that automatically scans your PC’s active processes for that type of software and hardware.

You agreed to let Blizzard do that when you clicked OK to their ToS and EULA upon installing the game. You Also agreed to be banned if you violated their rules.

I would assume this applies to all their online multiplayer games where your actions could affect others in the game.

1 Like

I am often playing my main account and set a chant game with the second acc for the people in normal games at the second monitor screen i am monitoring manually and see who joins and who left so i can give again chant for them to rebuff or buff him, i dont see a problem to help him by that. I helped a lot of people by that.

U can play your main aswell and help other requires a bit more multi tasking but its not a big deal

1 Like

What you are describing is not multiboxing.

2 Likes

In this instance they are clearly referring to mirroring and automation.

2 Likes