Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

Inspireone
no thanks…we do not need option for D2R.

Oh, well i guess we wont do it then.

I think he makes good points, but they don’t really amount to enough to leave things the way they are. Ploot, or other forms of automatic distribution, is the way going forward, and it will be the way D4 will be. D4 will be crushed on reviews if they include a system that pits players against each other to suck up all the rewards leaving nothing behind for others, that is objectively bad. However D2 can’t accept PLoot, because the drop rates are not balanced on Ploot. D2 was about trade, and the game fell apart with duping. Basic Ploot is going to have the same effect as duping did to the economy.

IMO the only way around this is per world loot rules that allow you to choose what item tier will require a roll window. If you favor the rules you have that option, if you don’t create or join worlds without them. If this creates a situation where people can’t find worlds without loot rules than it just means it was needed.

Why are you assuming my age? I played on 56k…I was one of “These fine men”…That saying has been around for a long long time. It’s there for a reason, people try and make something better that is working just fine and they end up making it worse. That is the gist here.

Once they implement this system…(If they ever do), They will not take it back out so all you Ploot enthusiasts better hope to god this company can actually do something right for once…I’m astounded that you all are wanting this company to design something new for this game given their track record.

ONCE AGAIN. It’s literally this simple…if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

This system has stood and had such a strong foundation…Now all you little dwarves want all that gold and are going to chip away at the foundation and the whole system is going to collapse because of wanting more…you don’t need it…you want it. Grow up people and learn to let things be.

Nope
20 char lol lol

2 Likes

Also this isn’t a possible outcome of personal loot. As the system and loot tables are separate things. All Ploot advocators tend to have one thing in common. No drastic changes to the loot tables or loot drops while adding Ploot.

Doesn’t mean the loot tables are perfect though. Some items are so rare that like 80% of the playerbase has never seen them and will never see them. You could double the chances of seeing those and that would still be the case.

Those are probably too rare. xD

I’d be much more worried about the ability to run Pindleskin 4 times per minute. With the RD hammer removed, we’ll see a flood of Level 84 drops. These will impact the economy a lot more, I’d say than adding a 2 second delay on FFA.

I’d be worrying about 8X more gear dropping in P loot games.

Is this just more missdirection? No one is asking for that.

1 Like

My, how hard it is for some people to understand what they (didn’t) read. I’ve seen absolutely NO pLoot enthusiasts recommending 8x drops. In fact, they go out of the way to point this out.

The only people I see mentioning the 8x drops are anti-pLooters trying to throw anything they can against the suggestion, even if they have to lie.

1 Like

Why I said that is because we don’t know how they are going to implement this system. You are all saying well THIS IS HOW IT’S GONNA BE! When in reality you don’t know at all how it’s going to be and how it will affect the economy/ game and the way people interact with each other.

Us anti-Plooters are simply advising caution…

1 Like

I was always amazing at picking up all the good loot super fast, constantly was accused of using pick it. But thankfully I was gifted this skill and have swiped the good stuff from others doing the work half the time lol.

Well good lol…maybe I could swipe something out from under you a couple times.

1 Like

How many APRG’s that use pLoot (of some variety, there are many - especially ones designed in the last decade or so) use the “upscaling” approach that multiplies drops by party number?

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Rarely happened to me. But you sure can try, most end up crying I got the drop tho. If its the way its made I’m going to use it to my advantage and would expect the same from others.

Yessir , I would probably sigh and congratulate you. It’s the way things are in this game and it brings us together in ways you don’t expect.

1 Like

How many bud? Keep in mind this is not every game…this is the father of them all.

If this game wasn’t around the others would be a lot more different and/or not even exist.

Strange I never got congratulated before when a high rune dropped and the person that killed the monster didn’t get it lol. But cool I hope more people are willing to adopt that mindset while I rob the drops blind lol.

I’m pretty damn quick with a mouse my man!!

“Swiper noooo swiping!!”"

That’s what they say to me once I get in the game!

1 Like

More like godfather. But, if no one is implementing FFA exclusively any more than it might be time to ask why?

And D2, in spite of it being my favorite game ever, was not and is not holy writ. It isn’t perfect, in spite of its qualities. It can, actually be improved upon.

Now, I understand why people would be nervous about Blizz breaking the “first do no harm” rule when it comes to updating a game. We’ve seen it far too many times. My hope is based on what I’ve seen from the VV chaps with D2R. They seem to know what the heck they’re doing. Mr. Fergusson seems like a steady hand on the tiller.

This gives me more than a little bit of confidence that, perhaps this time, some decent updates could be added that don’t cause more harm than good.