Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

MrLLamaSC has 140K subscribers on youtube. Presumably, people who watched this video are enriched in his subscribers who like his content in general. The video in question has >25% dislike rate.

To your knowledge, is this his most disliked video in terms of percentage? To your knowledge, is this his most disliked video by far in terms of percentage?

If you read his first pinned comment, he states:
"Let’s say you’re in an 8 player game. When you kill a unique monster in Diablo 2 there will ALWAYS be 1 item and 4 potions that drop. This is true on players 1 and players 8.

So now the question becomes…does this monster all of the sudden drop 8 items? "

To me, this makes me think that he does not understand that personal loot does not mean up to 8x more drops. If you look at what forum members are proposing, total drops stay the same.

2 Likes

I didn’t bother with the tread, but did anyone say, “who cares what any youtuber says about anything” yet?

If not, here ya go…

Please people, get a life, they’re great! :smiley:

How Aristotelian of you, indeed. You don’t read threads, don’t realize the arguments at stake, but weigh in anyway.

1 Like

I have seen you write that out dozens of times. Every time you cut out the rest of the comment to straightaway claim that MrLlamaSC doesn’t understand.

This is a perfect example of “dismissing” an argument out of hand.

On the rest of your questions: it is clear that there are people with strong views on both sides. You saw my proposal elsewhere to create a separate server for plooters. Why is that not “enough”?

1 Like

I didn’t read this thread. Having already watched the video, I knew the positions going in. And it’s not like you have to ready every thread on pLoot to understand what’s being said in each and every one. Over and over. All the danged time…

There’s nothing new under the sun, especially in threads dealing with pLoot…

I would be fine with that and have said so multiple months ago.

I like this, but it should go further: people who want the traditional D2 experience should have one realm, then the second realm should be for anything that doesn’t conform to that experience, whether pLoot/loot options, stackables, expanded content (i.e. more cow level type maps), etc.

But, I wouldn’t split it any more than that.

Differently, I think. There’s still a debate as to what D2R “is” at its core, as we can see from the many different debates on what should be “preserved”.

Once the dust settles (patch at launch, patch at the end of the first weekend?) I think we’ll be in a better position to see what is needed.

If there was a “traditional LoD” realm and a “Modern D2R” (crappy name, sorry), it would preserve the game experience for those who don’t want many changes, but also provide a venue for those who’d like to see some innovation.

One major point to consider: in the “modern” realm, Blizz could add/modify/drop an ongoing host of new innovations (experiments) that players to provide feedback on. This could be an excellent source of ideas Blizz could incorporate into D4.

And these ideas would be played around with, and still not bother people wanting to play D2 the traditional way.

1 Like

I think the question is not what D2R is at it’s core, the question is if development on D2 must stop. One can remaster a game and still continue development. Nothing is preventing blizzard from moving on from 1.14d.

No, i think you are trying to spin it in a way that they are to prevent them from having the freedom they actually intended to have with their statements.

They wanted to relax the situation, tell both sides that they should calm down and that they are searching for a solution that does not harm the original d2 experience.
Maybe they could have been clearer about that, but then again you cannot please everybody on the internet. (still it would be nice to use the official forum next time. Just saying)

You are trying to spin that very vague statement into a definite. The only definite about it was that ploot will not be released at launch. Nobody is contesting that and frankly, it isnt unexpected.
Still the discussion can be constructive and if you can accept that we have a different reading on the tweet, you can still lean back and let us discuss our precious ploot.
If you think that Blizz wont add it because of the tweets, you have nothing to fear.
And if you think that they might change their mind, then i think pinning them down on 1-2 vague tweets is not the best strategy. I think the best strategy is to have valid arguments on a systematic level.

4 Likes

How people can take a streamers opinion on MP who’s

1. known for SP pretty much and
  2. a streamer in general who most likely have 7 loot slave pepega buff bots ( who are probably botting on the side)
    seriously is a riddle to me.
2 Likes

Yep, is there any sort of tracker that pulls together all official blizzard communication on the various social media platforms?

Personally, I think a community manager should make a locked thread with all that info.

3 Likes

Disagree more fuel on the fire is the opposite of what we need.

This thread should be called “mr llamas hot take on personal loot version 2.0” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Or: “mr llamas - hey everyone look at me as I smack the hornet’s nest with a stick; now quick subscribe to my channel so I can monetize your anger!”

3 Likes

Hey man its not like he will get a better opportunity to make bank than this. This remaster is a godsend for him. Good luck to the guy.

Exactly. This game is his dream come true as it is mine and people try to ruin it by turning it into a Diablo 3 expansion pack.

D2/D2:LoD and D3 are not that similar. It would take a comprehensive overhaul to character classes, skill trees, and itemization to make D2R like a “Diablo 3 expansion pack”. To think that some minor changes would make D2R into D3-esque grossly underestimates how different these games are.

Using this logic, would adding optional FFA loot to D3 make it D2/D2:LoD. Of course not.

2 Likes

Let alone tourists who recently came out of nowhere trying to give lessons about how D2 should be done to someone who has been playing D2 for ages, and before D2R were a thing, when it was just a 800x600 game in the 4K era. So yes, sadly too many people trying to influence, but it will be me, Llama and others the ones who will play it and face their “feedback”.

It’s very frustrating to be the small resistance for ages, asking for something while others jump from flavour of the month to flavour of the month, just to realize that, when you’re about to get what you have been asking for, they take your place by storm, try to appropriate of your petition and turn your loves child into a completely different thing.

I don’t care about speedruns at all, however I respect Llama, and instead of “not caring”, his words should be taken into deep consideration. Not because being Llama. Not because being a streamer. Not because being famous. Just because it’s very easy to guess who really cares about the game and who will just buy it and play it for 2 weeks. And it’s easy for Blizzard to check who has genuinely showed an interest for D2, and who has just popped here at the forums because of the hype, and will also disappear as fast as he came once the hype goes down. Or checking the D2 bnet activity.

This project is explicitly aimed at people like Llama, DBrunski or me. So please, if you want a different game, ask for a different game, but let this one alone.

We’re the ones who really cares about the game

3 Likes

Who never saw the game and want to try it and learn fast that the only way you group is for exp and play solo all day, but they want to play as a group and esp. not with a cheating encouraging loot system and now even worse with different pings all over the place.