Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

Hope your right :slight_smile: either way you shouldn’t wheel out this moisty to try and prove your point look at the state of him in that video lol

Yeh we left that in because the community requested is as an authentic feature : VV devs probably.

1 Like

I can have a raccoon walk across a paint tray and then canvas and do reasonably well, financially, in the artistic arena. That doesn’t mean I’ve made good art, meaningful art, or contributed to society in any useful fashion.

3 Likes

Wrong. From at least two angles… First off, back in the day when I played D2 for a few hours a night, I never had trouble getting gear. Neither did any of the guys I played with. Not even over our dozens of characters of experience… Making things as hilarious as the holy bolt paladin, ice armor pvp sorc, poison explosion Necro… And other terrible builds to experiment with.

If personal loot existed, the economy would have been shot, and we never would have played together or had nearly as much fun. This game would have never deserved a remaster. FFA benefits everyone who plays, enables the economy to function, encourages cooperative play / clans, and adds a sense of excitement.

8 Likes

My thoughts:

1. It is fine that MrLlamaSC does not care for personal loot.

2. His comments on the issues on differential ping are interesting. He acknowledges that ping is a factor in getting FFA loot; however, he claims it works out in the end because his ping is sometimes more and sometimes less than others. The reality is that with everything being equal, those further away from the data center that hosts the game will always have more ping. Therefore, the FFA loot system has inherent inequity.

3. He discusses Baal runs where he indicates that players tend to stay away from Baal until Baal is near death to get loot. Therefore, my conclusion is that this is an acknowledgment that FFA loot lead to immersion breaking.

4. He states that he is worried about implementation of an optional personal loot system and the fact that in the same game you might have two loot systems. Rod has already stated that if an alternate loot system was implemented it would be option, be at gam creation, ad require opt in. As such, I think his trepidation is misplaced.

5. He also acknowledges the inherent inequities caused by FFA games of melee versus ranged character where the solution is use enigma (I know that they’re other options such as teleport weapons). As we all know the enigma is a level 65 runeword.

6. He also is worried about an affect on the trade economy. Since total drops are constant between FFA and personal loot mutliplayer games, this fear seems misplaced.

7. Unless I missed it, he never mentioned FFA loot and D2 cheaters (bot/pickit/macro/auto-clickers). These cheats benefit from FFA loot.

8. Personal loot would be optional if ever introduced and require opt in. Therefore, for his enjoyment of D2R, he could just pick FFA games.

EDIT: MrLlamaSc in his youtube comment section wrote: "So now the question becomes…does this monster all of the sudden drop 8 items? " He literally thinks that personal loot means up to 8x drops. Holy :cow2: . He does not even understand what personal loot means or that PoE exists where total drops are constant even though players can choose FFA loot, timed loot, or instanced loot.

27 Likes

the thumbnail is perfect :rofl:

4 Likes

So many real reasons personal loot is bad. You don’t really have to discuss it any further…

And Diablo 3 is horribly boring because of many reasons and personal loot is one of them.

16 Likes

Nice summary w/ rebuttals. I honestly don’t care what Llama thinks. His opinion shouldn’t hold more value than the average D2 player’s.

Hell, if someone’s opinion should matter more, it should be Brevik’s. He helped to create D2 and said he would have liked to add ploot.

9 Likes

Like him or not, his opinion carries alot more weight than the average D2 player. Deal with it.

9 Likes

ploot is fine as an option. it has zero negative impact on anyone who chooses not to use it. i still don’t think it will happen but people like OP who think they proved something with an opinion are laughable.

10 Likes

I live in south america and never had problems of getting loot in a public game. sometimes i won sometimes i didnt and i am fine with that

with aloot is the same thing but worst. you just literally don’t need to do anything to get the loot just being there.

You sound like a broken disc. if your problems are bots/ scripts you are asking for an anti cheat feature. Also the aloot only would work for scripts. bots will do just fine.
And again you will no need to use pickit you only need to be near the team while you are eating a sandwich and see how you can pick up your stuff without contributing in any way

yeah and we also need a pvp opt in
an immunities opt in
a / players opt in
Because is optional and you don’t have to use it.
There is no need to a opt in you need to accept the game and move on.
Is really boring seen those arguments “is optional you don’t have to use it” not because of that it should be implemented. Is not the core of the game. And as i being saying and Mrllama too it would lead to all kinds of problems (like longer speedruns or missed items for example) and things that we cannot foresee that would need a fix and a fix and a fix
Grow up and stop trying to change the game into something else.

9 Likes

Why, because he has an audience? You don’t have to agree with everything he says and his opinion shouldn’t hold more value than other players. We don’t have to idolize streamers lol. It’s like thinking a celebrity’s opinion or endorsement of something should matter more.

7 Likes

No one is saying you have to idolize them, like them, follow them…
But youre ignorant if you think hes “just another average d2 player”
He has the Devs direct line and influence on a game hes played more hours than most of us combined.
Thats not just an average D2 player.

Id like to agree, but we both know thats not how the world works in this day and age…

1 Like

You can’t convince the 5 people that ploot is terrible. They are Entitled to your loot.

They can hide behind pickit, but they will be the ones using it because they can’t handle adversity. Entitled brats.

6 Likes

I know he has a direct line of communication. That doesn’t mean his opinion should matter more though. A lot of us have logged thousands of hours into the game also and played more multiplayer than he most likely has. He mainly plays as a single player speedrunner, unless he’s on a mod like PD2. So, something like ploot wouldn’t even affect him. His opinion doesn’t take into account all of the facts that we know so far too. He was talking about two different loot systems in one multiplayer game being bad, but the devs have already said it wouldn’t work that way if they did implement it.

4 Likes

Roughly, 38% in a poll of almost 9,000 respondents wanted to have D2R be FFA only. ~50% wanted the addition of a personal loot option. Even if you assumed that this number was only 36%, that means there are thousands of respondents in that poll alone who want the addition of optional personal loot. It is not 5 people who want optional personal loot.

8 Likes

You typed an awful lot just to be wrong in your conclusions. Your post is well formatted and punctuated. Must’ve taken at least 10 minutes to write all that.

This reply took about 10 seconds.

3 Likes

I have a feeling not many people like you:(

Your delusional and lost the battle. Give it a rest big guy.

The poll was biased. You have been told a thousand times. But you will never understand.

2 Likes

Ohh you mean the survey not sent by the company that has no bearing on anything in the game?

I took a survey in the late 90s that said my future wife was Jennifer Aniston. Still waiting for that to be true.

5 Likes

and did not provide any argument whatsoever to refute anything that I stated.

I could have posted that his views were wrong and stopped. That would not be a counterargument of merit.

9 Likes

The poll has sampling bias. It does not mean that the 3,000+ respondents who stated there preference do not exist or that they do not represent a portion of the playerbase who favors adding optional personal loot. This is also seen on this forum, r/diablo, r/diablo2, and the comment section of youtube (e.g. Rhykker, Dbrunski’s, and MrLlamaSC relevant youtube videos).

Edit: Even in MrLLlamaSC comment section, there are a ton of comments in favor o optional personal and many comments in support of personal loot have already received 20-50 likes

Edit 2:
As of now of those who clicked like/dislike, more than 25% dislike this video which is a very high percentage considering viewers who are presumably enriched in his subscribers/followers. It is 1.5K likes and 561 dislike as of this edit. The ratio is about 2.7 likes per 1 dislike. If you look at his 10 most recent videos besides this one, the like to dislike ratio ranges from 12:1 to 51:1. I think that this demonstrate that this issue is contentious and there is no consensus where many players prefer an optional loot system.

5 Likes