Crusader - 162
Necromancer - 151
Demon Hunter - 109
Wizard - 53
Witch Doctor - 41
Barbarian - 11

Total Hours - 5,321

Since Vanilla

Oh my bad. I must’ve moved a decimal a few places or something.

1 Like

I think perhaps your comedy detection needs looking at again.

1724 Hours for Necromancer
3025 for Witch Doctor
and make 3558 paragon for total with this hours atm

I have over 8000 hours played on Barbarian, but the career profile does not show an accurate sum in Season 19?

i had 12 characters in normal, now i have 8

-the 4 deleted characters had ± 2000 hours total
-my current 8 characters have ± 2600 hours total

I thought I played pretty steady but nowhere near the hours I’m seeing. hard to tell too playing hardcore because of the number of deaths but my top is 400 and change which seems really low . Close to 2000 total on all characters.

4 months later, why?

The question is why not. This thread is always relevant. :smiley:

A question usually ends with a question mark, and if you’re talking about a question as the subject of a sentence, then it should be in quotation marks. So your sentence, “The question is why not,” should have read (without my quotation marks), "The question is, “Why not?”

The problem of somebody resurrecting this thread four months later is that the answers given are no longer relevant. You can rack up a lot of play time in four months. So if the kid wanted to brag about his playtime, he should’ve simply asked a new question. And while the forum introduction instructions say that we should search for an existing topic and post to that rather than create a duplicate thread, I don’t think anyone would mind at this point considering that everybody and their brother’s mother is posting a new thread on the same 3 topics about Diablo IV in this Forum.

1 Like

Necromancers thats why

When adding my DH time together from all regions and platforms, I land at 8800+ hours. After that comes WD with 1000+ hours, and the least played class is Necro with 94 hours.

Most of my D3 time was spent between 2013-2017.

@StonePro

As you acknowledge, this thread had a 4 month gap in posts. To me, Sherwin’s post seems hihgly relevant to this thread, especially in consideration of the the modest difference in time this game existed now versus this post’s creation (92 months vs. 88 months).

I would not play the grammar police, especially if I had multiple errors in my own post such as starting a sentence with a conjunction to highlight an obvious issue.

Also, you refer to the poster as a “kid”. Irrespective of the veracity of this, it might be considered naming and shaming.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but English is not my first language. If you like, you can review all my post history and make grammatical edits. I’m more than happy to learn!

4500 sc barb.i have not played sc since season came out. 7years ever day. lol

Hey, they don’t say that English is the hardest language to learn for nothing! It seems that every word has its own rules, and sentence structure is a nightmare! I post these kinds of corrections not as an insult, as some might say, “grammar police,” and such, but as general information for everyone to benefit from.

I quite thought I used, “kid,” as a term of endearment…

Here, your meaning is unclear, due to a lack of puctuation:
“I would not play the grammar police, especially if I had multiple errors in my own post such as starting a sentence with a conjunction to highlight an obvious issue.”

Does this sentence mean that you believe I am starting sentences with conjunctions in order to highlight the issue to which I am referring?

Or does it mean that you are attempting to highlight the issue that I sometimes start a sentence with a conjunction by simply saying so?

And as to starting a sentence with a conjunction, that remains a matter of literary style, as long as it is not overdone.

According to the Style Guide:

Conjunctions at the Beginning of a Sentence

Beginning a sentence with and or but can give an added emphasis to the words that follow.

On Tuesday, we said our last good-bye. And that was all there was left to say.

You should use this device sparingly, however. Except in fiction and informal correspondence, it is almost always best not to begin a sentence with a conjunction.

Awkward: Joshua lent me all the money he had. But I still did not have enough for my ticket home.

Better: Joshua lent me all the money he had, but I still did not have enough for my ticket home.*
*The Encarta® Manual of Style and Usage Copyright © 1998 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

So, as above, I tend to use And and But at the beginnings of sentences to provide emphasis to the thought that follows, without having to bold or italicize the entire sentence.

But I try not to overdo it.

The irony level is delicious.

You said “way” where you meant “say”

1 Like

^^I wasn’t done yet… :frowning_face:

Well since the topic was necroed.

Monk: 616
Wiz: 575
DH: 516
WD: 246
Barb: 223
Sader: 221
Necro: 149

Most of my Monk hours are from the Vanilla/Early RoS times.
Since we have Seasons I try to play a diff char/build every time so I don’t get burned out that easily.

I’m surprised but ….
Barb …690 hrs.
D.H. …2091 hrs.
Necro …42 hrs.
Crusader …512 hrs.
monk …5157 hrs.
W.D. …122 hrs.
Wiz. ….728 hrs. lol , for a grand total of 9342 hrs.