More Waller affixes than usual?

Is there an overabundance of wallers this season?
Not exactly a bug report, and maybe my memory is failing me, but it seems that in the majority af (speed) GRs every second elite/champion pack has the waller affix. Like wallers wall to wall. :smile:
One almost gets the feeling that now that we have passability they have just put up a bit more challenge to some builds.
Not complaining. Just wondering. Playing EU region.

Nah, also playing EU, don’t see an extra amount of wallers.

1 Like

Negative events tend to remain in our memory at a much higher rate/impact than positives.

Meaning, since waller is annoying to you it is going to stand out to you more than the other affixes.

That being said, it also feels like there are many more wallers win my GR’s than arcance sentries. I mean… I can remember some arcane but that’s usually just a “well ok I guess i’ll strafe this way instead for a moment…”

The only issue with wallers with the altar (if playing seasons) is projectile blocking, that’s why I changed my potion to kull-aide this season rather than my standard, just so I can smash walls to prevent blocking of damage to mobs when in a GR.

Since it’s the only truly annoying aspect for me, it feels like they’re freakin everywhere.

2 Likes

Early on they do seem more frequent… but that’s a totally subjective assessment. However, once you unlock the Passability node in the altar you can freely walk thru the walls they throw down. Even funnier is the monsters are still blocked by the walls but you’re not.

1 Like

The wallers blocking other monsters probably poses problems when trying to build up density :grimacing:

Didn’t think about the Kulle potion… have never really used it, but could be a good idea to try.

I know that our minds are deceptive and I haven’t any statistics. I just started to notice the “trend” playing a good deal of GRs with a GoD DH. In season 28 I played and farmed mostly with Tal’s meteor where wallers didn’t matter much.

2 Likes

It’s because of GoD. Waller and Illusionist are bad for GoD and so it appears to happen more with that build just because you notice it.

Also, back before NCS was nerfed, you noticed the bubble elites more because the pierces from NCS would strike them over and over again till infinity or until they die with each pierce dealing more and more damage so you could kill them really fast or if you were careful, drag them through the map killing everything that was in the bubble really fast.

1 Like