Monk Wave of Light needs huge damage NERFS!

Um no. Unadjusted leaderboard rankings are still meaningful, because they are an indicator of not only skill/experience but time spent grinding (for paragon or gear). The latter is an achievement per se and should be honored as such. However, when it comes to judging who holds more expertise on a topic like solo pushing, and therefore whose opinions hold more weight, adjusted rankings might be a more reliable metric.

Wow, you must be the most omniscient mind-reader on Earth, to be able to claim that everyone who thought those early seasons were playable and played them, were delusional. Well done!

If that’s true, then that’s great news. All along I had been hoping Inna would become balanced with PoJ. Now all that needs to be done is to bring LoD WoL down (and Raiment up) to that level too.

They are talking about current seson, you’re talkng about next patch. I guess they are intentionaly missing this part, so they can win the arguement.

1 Like

I tried nerfed innas. I thought with the fire bonus on bracers it wouldn’t be too bad but best efforts a 119 took 9 minutes. Before it was 90 seconds. Why not meet in the middle?

Looks like wol is the new xp winner.

You’re gonna want to stop making up concepts. There’s no adjusted/unadjusted leaderboards, when you use the formula of “power of sets adjusted for paragon” to evaluate a clear, you are removing the leaderboards altogether and looking only at the clear’s time. It’s a good thing to do, because it at least has some basis in math, but you have to do it because, like I’ve been saying, the nonseasonal leaderboard itself is worthless, and the only thing you can do is to run numbers and estimate how well a NS clear time can hold up against the seasonal clear of someone like Wudi.

A therapist does not need omniscience to diagnose patients, just knowledge of symptoms and enough common sense to adapt said knowledge to the slightly varying circumstances of each patient. Likewise, I don’t need to read your mind to see those rose-tinted glasses on your face.

1 Like

There actually is, because believe it or not, not everyone possesses the skill/experience to realize the full potential of a set. After all, leaderboards are a ranking of players, not sets/builds. This is why in those adjusted clear leaderboards, you see such a wide discrepancy in tier/clear time among different players. In other words, there are simply good and bad players, and leaderboards are useful for capturing this reality.

If you actually did what you said, you’ll see that OP’s wizard clears are even more impressive than those of Wudi.

It’s also interesting that you mention Wudi, one of the biggest and most active players in those early seasons that you so desperately rail against. Aren’t you also going to diagnose him as delusional and wearing ‘rose-tinted glasses’, on the superficial basis that he played and enjoyed those seasons?

So do you take a NS 150 clear time, factor in paragon level to see how ahead/behind the expected time the clear is, and then rank it among other seasonal clears? If so, that’s a lot of extrapolations, but I’ll definitely concede that it’s the closest we can come to actually evaluating a single NS clear. That said, I still don’t see how that would make the nonseasonal leaderboard as a whole mean anything. OP’s opinion is given merit by the fact that he was able to clear 150 in a bit under 10 minutes, not by the fact that a sub-10 minute clear is rank 1 in NS.

lmao I suppose this one is mb, I shouldn’t be hyperbolic when having a conversation with someone like you. What I meant to say, put in the most literal way, is that the changes throughout the years have made this game objectively more enjoyable for a wider audience. Wudi has played since the early seasons, but to my limited knowledge of lurking on his stream and in his Discord server, he has never in any way claimed that the earlier seasons of barely being able to speedfarm t10 were better.

So it seems that Wave of Light sanctified power is also bugged, doing much more damage than it should. So one of already the most overpowered builds in the game becomes even more OP in season. Well done Blizzard.

You are a crying baby.

1 Like

That’s pretty much exactly what we do.

Hmm, so let’s see…

Before it ever got nerfed, Fire Inna’s peak was an adjusted 151.6. For Earth, it’s 150.8, and for Water, that top clear on EU is 150.5. Next best for Water is 149.4… that’s still pretty good. And 1.1 tiers difference is definitely within the range of “just got a really good rift”, doesn’t need to be Illu Nightmares or anything like that, though of course that’s possible.

Earth and Water are both getting -7.2 tiers in this patch, which leaves them at 143.6 and 143.3, respectively.

Fire, compared to its pre-pre-nerf peak, is -7.2 (current change) and -2.9 (Bracer changing from 11x multiplier to 7x), or -9.9 total, which ought to leave it at 141.7.

So it sure looks like Fire will be more consistent and less fishy than Earth or Water (because of its single-target damage), but overall 1-2 tiers weaker.

You seem to mostly play Wizard, so let’s nerf all wizard builds into the ground. That all right with you, mac?

Blizz realllllllllllly wants people to play WoL for some reason. Until that happens, I dont think it will be nerfed.

Oh yeah, let’s nerf all the monk sets. In fact, let’s just get rid of the Monk class because people enjoy it. Might as well nerf all necro sets and wizard sets too. They are too OP and too meta. Let’s have no fun builds in the game. Everyone should just play Witch Doctor builds - but they need nerf too! Hell forbid any set can get past GR100 without being an ELITE gamer like these guys. Sounds like a solid plan, amirite?

/s (for the smooth brains)

It’s the Blizzard way though. When a class is dominating, they nerf it under the new top tier. It makes no sense really, but they’ve done it every time. So why should this time to be different? Kinda still expecting WoL to get some change, because they always seem to want to kill the whole class for couple of season(look at Wiz) from being out from the meta.

Don’t need to, they already did. Only build that can do a 150 is Twister LoD with quite high Paragons. Firebird ever since the nerf has been quite weak and no other set is nowhere near. It’d be the worst class next season if Crusaders wouldn’t be so dog. The nerfed Inna is stronger than Firebird also in non-season too and should be somewhat near to the 10MM Firebird next season.

None of that is true. Firebird has done 150 in Non-Season at pretty low time (around 10 minutes), and can probably do it around 8k paragon under the 15 minute timer. And it’s going to be stronger than Inna after the upcoming Inna nerf.

2 Likes