Monk Wave of Light needs huge damage NERFS!

terrible ideas lol, no

1 Like

:-1:
Do you try to play that you like instead of pleasing to break the fun for others?

He is renowned to only care for wiz or necro class. He wants complete dominance of these 2 classes over others. If I remember correctly, he raged big time when nerfing star pact from a 2 year dominance where everybody else is so jaded from SP meta.

1 Like

useless comment, we just feel the hatred you have against the monk class. Donā€™t post this kind of pointless comment anymore because youā€™re wasting time for the person who really invests in balancing each class without having a preference for one of them

You may be jealous about other classes. Hell, I feel a lot of envy seeing the sorry state my beloved Wizard class is in compared to other classes, but you NEVER ask for nerfs.

2 Likes

it may be op at some point,but super squishy,i tired it,will NEVER play wol again anymore!!!

Probably yes, Iā€™d like to get to a point where 150 needs insane paragon or a strong season power to do with less paragon.

It is normal for a career to be strong for three seasons and then to weaken.

and also very very bad. It brings no extra, especially with so few builds and sub builds already not even being viable around GR 120-130, unless have insane botted or spending all your time playing the prescriped multi player uber efficient meta. No problem you keep 130-150 GR for them, to restrict so many to way below GR 120 though ā€¦ with your normal gameplay or what it should be at T16 so weak compared to even GR 90 it is just a bore to play. Balance and progression in this game is just completely out of whack and the candy of the season flava mentality and nerf rest does not help that at all.

Like the nerf inna, it is too good and fast at low GR and T16 that is a breeze in the park for most not even top builds. The horror, nerf it so no longer good and I feel I need to play it at that way underbalanced, underpowered and power creeped part of the game I do not wish to play anyway but are forced to because of mats and is most efficientā€¦ while buffing WOL, the real OP build even if clunky and no fun to play build as hell. They could have at least buffed Raiment to viable instead, that build is really in the gutters or even Ulliana. WOL needs no love for those prepared to play itā€™s clunky build for power anyway and us casuals just do not wish to play it at all unless it will just be fun to play, which it is not. Such a waste to give love to that build.

What I think this build needs is a reduction of lag. All 7 bells just cause massive lag, and now all players can hit it, itā€™s just making it unplayable.

I would suggest limit the number of bells out to only 1, but buff the damage x 7 times.

Wants to know? Everything should be nerfed to the point where GR100 will be tough even for 4P.
That was the best time, as the leaderboard had some meaning.

Nowadays the kids on this forum have a sick fetish for the number ā€œ150ā€, and they want to do it as quickly and effortlessly as possible.

3 Likes

Why is that hilarious? Please explain, otherwise Iā€™ll assume youā€™re talking nonsense!

Truer words have yet to be spoken. I couldnā€™t have put it better myself.

Where have you seen it strugle 145 GR with 6000 paragon? Season 26 leaderboards tell otherwise - there are 107 people that have cleared GR 150, lowest paragon to do so is 4700, there are several 5000+ paragon, and many 6000+. If it is not OP then I donā€™t know what is. It is already 3 seasons in a row, usually Blizzard nerfs OP builds after 2 seasons.

Probably there would be even more 150 GR clears with Inna, but people push with even more OP build - wave of light.

No, I care about balance. And if Blizzard intention is not a balance, but letting one class to have one OP build for max two seasons and then nerf it, as we have lately seen with such builds as Firebird Wizard, God DH, Bone Spear Necromancers and Heavenā€™s Fury Crusaders then so be it, it is ok for me as long as EACH class is treated the same way.

But monks have TWO OP builds: LoD wave of light and Inna mystic allies already for THREE seasons. And it seems it will be the case for the fourth season in a row.

This is NOT ok for me!

Iā€™m talking about Water allies, which will be similar in power level to Fire allies next patch. Earth allies were clearing 150 with sub 6k using the town TP exploit. Thankfully they have been nerfed to oblivion next patch.

I have checked EU and Asia (Korean) leaderboards and all top 150 GR clears are with water ally not earth (lowest paragon was 7200). There are three 150 GR clears with water ally in Korea and one in EU, but still. In US the only 150 GR clear is indeed with earth ally. Maybe in China they play mostly with earth ally? Canā€™t check.
Anyway it is still too strong considering how much Blizzard nerfed OP builds in the past.

Do you really need an explanation as to why 10k~20k Paragon levels might affect how challengingā€“and therefore how valuable as an accomplishmentā€“GR 150 is? Or are you pretending to not know that no worthwhile player touches NS? Genuinely curious to see your response.

If you think the game should be at a state where we canā€™t solo speedfarm GR90 then no opinion from you is worthwhile.

1 Like

Oh wow, didnā€™t know Water could be that strong as well. Perhaps the top EU guy was also using some sort of exploit? Agreed that Inna is still going strong next patch, but at least it wonā€™t be time attacking 150 any time soon (net power loss from Water allies this patch to Fire allies next patch is 2-3 tiers).

Thing is, OPā€™s clears are impressive even when calibrated for his paragons. Perhaps you should check out dmkt/Rageā€™s threads on ranking power of sets adjusted for paragon? A lot of their conclusions are based on NS clears, which are unaffected by seasonal powercreep.

Say that to everyone who played Season 1-10, when even a GR90 could be a push.

lol if weā€™re competing against a mathematical chart of ā€œit should take you X amount of time to clear GR150 at Y amount of paragon level,ā€ then the leaderboard is already irrelevant, no? Hence my original point that the nonseasonal leaderboard is worthless. The value of leaderboards always come from who youā€™ve managed to crush under your metaphorical heels, no?

I only have like 700 hours overall into this game, and roughly a third of that time was in season 6, when I first picked up the game. I played for that one season because I had an IRL friend to play with, and then the game became unbearable garbage until the ā€œoh so horribleā€ power creep started. Even now, when Iā€™m running 90 second GR100s for max drops/keys, and then pushing one pre-nerf EN after another, gear upgrades are still coming too slowly, and solo leveling is still far too weak. If you think those early seasons were at all playable, then you are delusional in the most hilarious way.

Let me point out that not many fully understand the impact of the unhindered movement change on Fire Allies. The damage does not feel as distributed as it used to be. While it became more consistent and they donā€™t fail in tight density, a 5k paragon player is going to struggle hard getting past GR143.

My estimate is that Fire Allies is probably balanced nicely with PoJ.

2 Likes