Monk Support Legendary Modifications for the Patterns of Justice Set

Warstaff of General Quang - Tempest Rush gains the effect of the all runes and now generates spirit (considered a generator)

Eye of the Storm - Casting Sweeping Wind now causes an Implosion (no cast animation, act is considered a spender). When Sweeping Wind hits exactly 1 enemy, its damage is increased by (something reasonable)%.

Cesar’s Memento - Enemies take ___% increased damage from your Tempest Rush for 5 seconds after you hit them with a Blind, Freeze, Stun, or KNOCKUP (see TR gains all runes)

Bindings of the Lesser Gods - Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take ___% increased damage from your Mystic Ally and SWEEPING WIND for 5 seconds

As for the set - add some DR somewhere…

7 Likes

This would be sweet!
Great suggestion.
Might need a bit more damage though, on top of these changes in order to make it a pushing build.

And do some thing about the 4 peice movement speed. Make it last like 10 sec

Played around with the set some more, here are my random thoughts on how to improve the set to be more functional / “fun”… just adding to thus thread to minimize thread count.

2pc - change the tornadoes to the correct element. Like how the Sunwuko clone colors change - the spawned tornadoes should have the corresponding element (earth/fire/wind/etc). Also, the spawn rate should be disconnected from the proc coefficient. Additionally, I think the 2pc is a good place to put the damage reduction - just have a basic generic 50% damage reduction while Sweeping Wind is active. If you want a less boring version locked to using Vengeful Wind, something like 5% DR per stack.

4pc - Increasing Movement speed while in the presence of enemies is cowardly! We should be speeding INTO battle and TOWARDS the next battle. I think something like "Gain 5% movement speed per stack of SW. This effect is reduced by 5% per enemy up to 10 times. To go along with this, I propose a damage bonus linked to movement speed. Something like your critical hit rate is increased by your movement speed. (Replace with IAS, CD, Area Damage, or whatever)

6pc - If the goal of this set is to have a TR+SW set, then Add TR to the bonus damage, if not add other skills to activate, with Cyclone Strike making the most sense. Also, the high resource cost of TR as it scales with attack speed makes this build annoying to play when you’re out of spirit - so if a legendary power isn’t added to address the resource cost maybe add it to the set bonus - something like “Tempest Rush cost reduced by your movement speed”

2 cents!

4 Likes

Except TR is not meant for this set, the biggest mistake they made, and many people fail to see, is TR is pointless in this set, there"s no benefit

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Monk already have a TR build in the Sunwuko sets. Blizzard should do a pure generator build and bring back static charge monk, damn that build was fun.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Dang, was hoping to do some more testing today on PTR… guessing due to Blizzcon / 1 PTR iteration, we’re not going to see anything other than number inflation in the set bonus / already modified legendaries…

Did anyone figure out how long the “short duration” of the 6pc was? 1 second exactly?

I’d totally be down with a set that brought back the pre-RoS cyclone-gen or the unintended static charge gen build… but the devs wanted Sweeping Wind front and center and this is it!

(post deleted by author)

Thundergod’s Vigor - Enemies damaged by your Cyclone are afflicted by Static Charge and take 1000% increased Lightning damage? :grin:

Only thing about the Static Charge build back in the day was using FoF to proc… hope D4 won’t have proc coefficients!

3 Likes

How about adding “Enemies hit by lightning damage get charged with Static”? That way you get free apllication of Static Charge for the gen to trigger.

as long as the set should be played with tr there must be a massive dr buff like 80% since with the gen/cs you can have (and need) 60 + 50 of guards + shoulder which are the 80 flat. and i personally still struggled with those 2 peaces so it might not be enough.

there is not alot of supporting items to increese damage on sweeping winds.

As i understand it now, SW damage scaling is locked at 3 stacks, right?

Can they just remove the damage cap from 3 stacks and make it scale in damage all the way?

Thats around 100% damage per stack, or am i wrong?

1 Like