Monk slows, and then freezes

My monk seasonal character will slow and then freeze and cannot move. There is no way to get it going, just have to wait, but it is so bad I cannot play that character. I have 3 other characters that never have this problem, all non seasonal.

you are probably wearing stone gauntlet gloves. they slow you down exactly how you describe. you must have epiphany up or wear ice climber boots to negate glove downside.

3 Likes

I confirmed Snoochies suspicion. You have Stone Gauntlets as your cube armor power and zero cooldown anywhere on your gear so you could have 15 out of 60 seconds immune to Stone Gauntlets if you activate Epiphany as soon as it comes off cool down. Feel free to friend request me and I’ll help gear up your monk with you. I’m on most nights between 9pm and 11pm eastern, but not always for the full 2 hours.

Khord#1419

Stone Gauntlets needs to have a big, flashing red ‘WARNING!’ added to it’s legendary power description, possibly making the negative effects in bold, capital letters?. It’s obvious players aren’t able to read what they do. How many times now has this been reported as a ‘bug’ or ‘what happened to my character?’ - at least 50.

I don’t understand how players can’t make the connection. Zipping along, doing great, kicking butt and taking names. Put the gloves on and now can’t do anything. How hard is it to figure out the Stone Gauntlets are the culprit?

4 Likes

Because they do not bother to read anything.

2 Likes

Reading is overrated.

Seriously, though, they read the first part and totally ignore the second part. “COOL! I increase armor if I get hit! This HAS to be great! Put 'em on, put 'em on, put 'em on!”

5 seconds later “Why does my hero get stuck?”

1 Like

Would Ice Climbers work with stone Gauntlets?

Gain immunity to Freeze and Immobilize effects. :point_left:

Just need epiphany active or wear ice climbers, or have super stacked crowd control immunity %. Theres other options, like one of the chants plus a couple different defensive abilities. Theres a legendary gem too .

2 Likes

Of course. Almost ‘mandatory’ for LoD builds using Stone Gauntlets. There are other options, of course, but Ice Climbers are the easiest way… :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ll just drop in my usual copy/paste that I use for the Bug Report forum…

3 Likes