Monk 2.7 wishlist

I want to start by saying i am not in any shape or form cutting edge material when it comes to D3. I barely get over 1k para every season (solo) and my sole purpose every season is to remain on the leader boards once it ends.

That being said i’ve always been a fan of theory crafting and watching what build is used in the meta and tier lists etc.

With 2.7 all but confirmed and with changes bound to be made I had some ideas for a while and wanted to share here and since monk is mostly my main I’ll start with this one with the intent of getting every build in the same ballpark power wise.

First change - Spirit Guards should go up to 70-80% DR. Monk lags behind by not having a DR ring and this one would help all builds except Tempest Rush ones and those need the most love. This is by far the most needed change.

Moving on to sets:

Inna - revert the ptr change back to 1500 per mystic ally. In my opinion Inna should probably be the lowest of all the monk sets being the easiest to play but with how other sets are performing at the moment, the nerf is unwarranted.

Inna’s Reach - increase mystic ally damage to 250-300. I dream of the day I can easily farm t16 with just a pet build.

Sunwuko: This one is pretty balanced , only change is i’d add Sweeping Wind to the 6pc.

Uliana: Would not touch the set, instead tweak the legendaries

Binding of The lost - buff should last 10 seconds, up from 7. Combining this with the Spirit guard changes would most likely be enough DR

Gungdo Gear: EP damage is increased by another 600-700% (or w/e is needed to reach low 140’s , as far as i know highest Uliana was mid 130’s)

Raiment:
Oh boy where do i begin. As it stands i find this one the least fun to play.
The Spirit Guard change would help it a lot but i’d still rework the 4pc to something on the line of: Using Dashing strike reduces damage taken by 30% for 6 seconds, using primary skills reduces damage taken by 30% for 6 seconds.

Supporting it: Band of the Rue Chambers - Now also increased damage done by your primary skills by 1% for every maximum point of spirit. This would translate in a 250-400 ish damage increase, could possibly boost both Raiment and Inna gen somewhere near frenzy barb, near meta RGK potential.

Moving on to some off pieces for other builds:

The Paddle: Lashing Tail Kick also triggers Cyclone Strike and has it’s damage increased by 400-500%. I know slapping and kicking are not the same but LTK could use another multiplier and adding Cyclone Strike would help it more than it did Tempest Rush. Not sure number wise but i’m sure as hell it would be fun to play.

Pinto-s Pride: now increases by 225-250 (WoL needs a bit of love)
KYOSHIRO’S BLADE - Base increased to 200%, 3 or fewer - 250-300%.
TZO KRIN’S GAZE - WoL damage increased moved to legendary power from affix, numbers stay the same.

Staff of Kyro- Epiphany gains the effect of every rune and last twice as long. I know this is a long shot but it might create some interesting uses for support and gen builds. Wont be usable by the rest but would be a QoL improvement until you get all necessary items.

Kyoshiro’s Soul - Sweeping wind damage increased is now legendary power, moved from affix, damage is increased by 300-400%
Warstaff of General Quang - Legendary power now changed to: While channeling tempest rush, sweeping wind damage is increased by 600-700%.
These two changes would create an alternative build for PoJ even if it will not be as competitive as standard TR, it will be really fast and really fun.

That’s about it for monk. I’ll try to make similar posts for every class (except WD since i never touch it :frowning: ) tho they’ll not be as comprehensive since monk is the class i played the most.

Feedback is most welcome and thank you to anyone that read the whole post.

How about my suggestions?

I’m all for any and all changes that make monk builds more fun and/or better.

That being said I would appreciate if we could discuss the proposed changes without derailing.

Thank you very much.

I’d not discuss about rough numbers, I’d suggest to discuss about glitches in the build.
E.g. PoJ was first introduced as a sweeping wind setup and is chained to be played with tr as skill. No supporting wind items except new wind wpn yields to only tr doing the dmg (although new wkl is supporting cs as well). Why?

Or why having not doubled aps with FD always (not regarding to a proc that theoretically always procs with ltk e.g. but in fact with lags it does not)

Or why is wol dmg for <= 3 enemys buffed higher than for >3? no sense because you simply play fire rune and through your bell near to the enemys that you do not hit more than 3. This feature blocks lightning rune from being played.

Why is the sss belt to build up defense buff to uliana refreshed every sss? why doesn’t it stack such as soul harvesting for WD?

All in all monks need defense buff as hell and more dmg (obviously). But I’d also like to get rid of those glitches.

My proposed changes i believe would make a decent SW poj build (could work from sunwuko and Inna).

I wont imagine we get love for any other rune for WoL and the 3=> cap is sort of for better single target.

I agree , the SSS would be miles better if it added stacks every time but it would probably be OP being at full stacks the whole time. Planning when to use if sort of increases the skill cap.

The defense part would be taken care of if they change Spirit Guards as I’m proposing

Yeah, but it does not make sense, same with the <=7 restriction on scarbringer :slight_smile: The LtK is based on massive aoe damage which needs to hit more than 7 enemys ^^
I like guards to be 80% dr, but I’d prefer desert rune on epi to give 80% :slight_smile:

No one else has 80% DR on a skill and also that would be a bit overkill for the TR builds. It makes more sense to have it on an item that isn’t included in those builds.

I agree that any number of targets restriction is an outdated mechanic and it would be beneficial to get rid of it. Alas even if it stays its not the end of the world.

Anyone else has a 60 or 80 dr ring, so why not?

A bit of an update on some more item changes i’d like to see in 2.7:

GYANA NA KASHU
LTK damage moved to legendary power.

THE EYE OF THE STORM
New legendary power:
While hitting 3 or more enemies , Sweeping wind’s Radius is doubled. While Hitting 2 or less enemies, Sweeping wind’s damage is increased by 250-300%.

Coupled with the changes suggested above, this would make SW a competing build with TR.

KEKEGI’S UNBREAKABLE SPIRIT
Legendary power changed to:
Your abilities no longer cost Spirit.

I know this seems OP at first glance but hear me out:
WoL builds were already doing well spirit wise and this fights for a slot with Tzo Krin
It harms TR builds aswell since you wont get Taeguk stacks.
Ltk likewise has GYANA NA KASHU.

What it will do is make farming builds even better and life a little easier whilst gearing up when a lot of the time you find yourself spirit starved.

That’s it for now, will return when i think of more :smiley: