Midseason Firebird nerf? (Edit: nerf reverted May 4th)

We’re not all “elite” players speed running 120s and pushing in the 130s. Wouldn’t this nerf have an impact on players struggling to do a 120 also?

It hasn’t been a month of season 23 and already there is complaining. Please stop trying to get something nerfed. If you don’t like MI playstyle, play straight Flame Blades or Forked Lightning, or play a completely different build/class. The MI build is very chill. The AI can be annoying. The lag, stuttering, game freezing, FPS plummets, and disconnects are what really irritates people the most. However, it is not limited to the MI build variants and the issue is beyond the sound component of the game. This “nerf” did nothing to fix the issues with game performance or AI, which is what is needed most.

Wudijo, should not be complaining and calling for nerfs to the FB set or MI build. We just got a functional FB set after what 5+ years of the set left to rot, after it was clearly not functional?! Wizard pets are never used because their distraction is basically irrelevant because of the AI. If memory serves me well, their taunt counts toward CC immunity. MI isn’t doing the damage, they are merely triggering a proc that applies big damage, which makes them a delivery system.

Right now the devs don’t have a good reason to nerf FB, MI, or the interaction between the two. The meteors triggered on MI death applies a pittance of damage. The tankiness of the set was needed and the lack of tankiness of the prior version of the set was a source of major complaints. Don’t expect the devs to double the damage of the 6p bonus when they considered that level of damage to be excessive while on the PTR.

Please just stop calling for nerfs. Play the game and enjoy the season as best you can given the game performance issues. Hopefully, the devs can resolve the performance issues so we can just enjoy the seaons.

5 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly, if someone wants another build other than MI based they should ask for improvements on the fire spells instead.
Increased damage on the spells themselves will do close to nothing, what needs to be improved is how the fire spells trigger the 6pcs.
Also some improvments on utility of spells could help us build a better variant of builds.
Spectral blades could become even nastier if allowed to hit all enemies around you like Omnislash does for Slash. Just one example.

3 Likes

Absolutely, especially if they are going to keep current proc based design for the 6p bonus. If they are going to buff fire spells then they may as well buff all the spells and not have the class slanted in one direction. If the game performance issues were gone today we would just be enjoying a build that doesn’t require piano style keyboard manipulation or a build that requires clicks per second to drive performance.

Do you guys really believe it was originally intended to be used with MI? No, it was a happenstance. It should have never worked in the first place. So now the build is completely pigeon holed into basically 1 skill. If it was based around the wizard doing the damage, there would be a lot more viable things to do. I find it weird that a fully defensive skill is stronger then any other skill the wizard has. Anything that makes sense to use barely, if ever, procs the 6p at all.

So was any Supporter.
And we have them for Years now.
Just because you dislike the Playstyle and want your WoW buffed, so that the Chain-Explosions also trigger the Set, doesn´t mean, that everyone wants to play this Way.

Pers. i totally like the Idea of spawning the Decoys and than dancing around them.

1 Like

Supports weren’t intended? I’m quite sure there are tons of buffs and items that are specifically catered to supports… Also, thanks for the assumption that I play WoW. Seems like you’re defending a defensive skill meant to distract, turning into the strongest skill over night just proves you don’t understand how the game works. It was a happenstance and they just didn’t argue it. I bet you would be happy if teleport was the highest DPS skill in the game.

Nope
They never was. And intern where even Discusions, to remove this Playstyle completly.

There is one notable exception to this. zDPS, or “zero Damage Per Second,” builds tend to only thrive in group play. The team debated for a long time as to whether this was a style we should encourage or actively avoid (or possibly even remove). Any Diablo game is, at its heart, about killing monsters and getting loot, so we considered heavily whether this gameplay fit the spirit of the game we had made.

Souce: Developer Insights: Balancing & Class Set Design ( Solo vs. Group Design)

It sounds like a short-sighted argument to me. They created the skills and items in a way to where it was INTENDED to buff other party members. If they didn’t want that, it wouldn’t be a thing. D2 had some buffs for other party members, but nothing like this game. If it wasn’t their intention, they should have created less party oriented buffs and less defensive stats/options.

In fact, this wouldn’t be a thing if every single thing in this game was equally as fast with all dps vs half dps. It’s definitely not, which is the problem.

The Goal was never to be a balanced Game, but to be Fun with a strong Fantasy !

Travis Day on his GDC Talk in 2017
( GDC = Game Developer Converence )

€dit

Oh yea … I totally forgot it, … somehow …

The “Intend” was 1 Legendary for every 100 Hours !!!

Do you really wanne go back to everything that was once meant to be ?

damn you like something to play, do good dmg and they cry for a nerf already omg. If some one needs nerf long time, its nec look at the lbs. I hope they dont remove mirror from proccing fb set. Not fun people calling already for nerfs. Like the above says you can play any other char or build, then do it.

He doesn´t call for a Nerf :slight_smile:

But he is too invested in his Bubble, to see, that his own Idea would lead to much mayor Problems, if others Skills would be fixed to proc the Set Bonus, by now.
Leading to a Playstyle, where you run with Meteor or Hydra, where you are back in old Tracks, by just raising one Ability and not playing around of the Core of the Set itself.

Wich also means.
Other Builds depeanding on Meteor (like Tal) or Hydra (like Thyphon / LoN ) could get Nerfs, wich are completly useless, only due to this one Fix.

1 Like

I don’t want any nerfs. I want every set buffed up to FB’s level. That should make next season one of the most popular ever.

2 Likes

Maybe for the few who’d enjoy the unwarranted powercreep, but for the rest it’s better to nerf the OP builds to the level of “balanced” builds such as Vyr chantodo or frozen orb. That way we don’t see more ridiculous 150 “time attacks” for pushes in group or even solo.

With that in mind, the FB nerf was definitely a step in the right direction.

I see pretty much no use for nerfs given the time necessary to accomplish tasks and goals in this game. You need to run a zillion GRs already to get paragons up to a decent level. Gems take forever to level. In the time it takes to properly gear a character you can probably finish several other games’ entire campaigns.

Buffs reduce this absurd time investment running these stale activities. You can spend more time experimenting with builds and classes instead of another GR for that extra couple paragons…

I don’t know about you, but I want more buffs, not nerfs.

2 Likes

But others are also receiving these buffs and clearing higher GRs, requiring you to get higher paragons/gems to compete with them. Hence the time investment is basically the same. Except you need to run even more GRs now to level your gems higher…

I suppose it could be an issue if you want to push and compete, but I don’t really care about that. I prefer experimenting and using a wide variety of builds. Bringing up the power floor is great for that.

Also

I totally forgot the mention, that you def. cant “fix” Explosiv Blast, so that the WoW would trigger the FB-Set

You would only get the old Boom-Sorc, but on L.SD+Crack combined !

Everyone would run with

• Desintigratio

• Teleport

• Explosiv Blast

• Magic Weapon

• Frostnova
    AND

• Diamondskin

Leading to another Damage reduction. Your Shilds would be compleatly unbreakable, while you sit in the Middle of everything and waiting for your Firecycle, to pop the Frostnova

Not only that there would never be any harm to you …
But the Playstyle alone would also be pretty boring, just sitting on one Spot and waiting for the Enemys to die.

You have a point, but I’d enjoy it. Not sure if I’d use diamond skin though.

Like MicroRNA already posted the ‘nerf’ has been removed.

Edited the topic title too.