Midseason Firebird nerf? (Edit: nerf reverted May 4th)

Just saw this Wudi video:

Also with link to FilthieRich post in general discussion.

Looks like Mirror Images no longer proc Firebird’s 2 pc effect. Which was a bummer because that was the indicator to see if the images die. The meteor was extra damage and they revive (usually to die immediately to the same thing that killed them).

1 Like

What would fix the issue with FB is to have MI stop interacting with the set then buff the damage of the set itself. I think doubling the damage might be enough, I can’t say for sure. The biggest issue is it feels clunky without MI, so unless they make it feel better without MI, then idk if people will enjoy the set or not.

Or just make them a bit tankier.
Add to the 6P of the FB-Set that they get all Runes, so that they last for 10 Seconds and have a higher HP-Pool, as well as that they get Bonus frome our Toughness.
And than increase theyr CD from 15 Sec. up to 30-35 Sec

With this they wouldnt die or at least only if it is really alot of dmg
But you could call them only once per Cycle

Nice Sideeffekt would be, that you could wear a Miranea to keep your Health up, or a Gogok / Zeis, instead of the Enforcer

The fact that something that is meant to be used as a distraction is a main damage dealer is a problem. They should remove their use from the build, make more skills viable for the set and increase the damage.

1 Like

Even my Mystic Allys are tankier than the MI, who are esp. made to distract the Enemy.
So why do they have to die so stupidly easy, if they only last for 4 ! Seconds ?

They last for 7 and the ally was meant as a support ability. They do SOME damage with inna’s but besides inna’s, they have no respectable amount of damage. There’s only 2 runes that do damage and it’s basically nothing.

What’s the deal??
i can still clear 120 with 4-5 minutes post nerf

Omg, I was wondering what was going on!!! I was pushing in 2’s and 3’s in HC and was struggling to figure out why we couldn’t clear a 140 when the other day we were stomping it. I realized the clones were dying almost instantly, forcing me to use enforcer when I was able to use another dps gem in my 3rd slot. This is a huge nerf, especially for pushing builds.

People pushing rifts is the issue here. 120 is child’s play. Don’t even need enforcer for this level.

1 Like

Guess it’s time to dust off Flames Blades proper. Got lucky with a primal drop on Fragment of Destiny. Might switch to that instead.

Using that actually drops your grift even from the current MI unfortunately. If they made WoH work with this, it would probably be a bit too strong, but it would be a realistic alternative.

I’m not too concerned with pushing high. FB is still super strong. And Blades makes for smooth(er) speeds imo.

They still need to tweak the set a bit and make teleport cast faster. It could be smoother than it is currently.

With no ping, if you don’t care about the DR from the teleport, Worm Hole feels like you’re cheating if you get the timing down.

I’m pushing for 140 in season and MI don’t die that often to make this an issue.

Switched to wormhole and this thing rips now. Still not quite as fast as some other speed builds, but it’ll do.

I beat a GoD DH that was about a full map screen ahead of me to siegebreaker. They weren’t slow. By the time I got there, they were a map screen behind me. If they had a straight line, they may have beat me.

I was averaging 4-4:30 with safe passage and now I’m doing 3:30 or a little bit better. I don’t know if it’s the way I’m playing it, but I just can’t seem to go any faster.

Then I switch to my bomb sader and easily do 2:30. I think FB is best to push higher and accept you’re not always going to get close to the 3 min mark.

1 Like

What level rift? You can try using WoH. I did a 120 in under 5 mins with it once.

You’re joking right? 120? I could have beat that with only using 2 gems. lmao