Middle Dampening vs GoD

So I’ve read where some people think this is bugged and it might get nerfed or something. I say no it’s not and here my explanation whether it makes sense or not.

I feel the slow time interaction with HA allows all the piercing to stay concentrated in that bubble therefor constantly piercing the same targets over and over instead of drifting out to other targets like it normally would. To me this makes sense, if your going to slow the projectiles why would they not want to stay in the area where the enemies are closest instead of what they normally do?

I don’t think this interaction is broken I love it because tbh I run into way more juggs on average than anything and when pushing its nice to get an champ I know I can smoke regardless of circumstances.

Missile damping is so rare. And Wizards SlowTime doesnt work for team member projectiles. Last would be way too OP. But youre right Missile damping is my new beloved affix.

It’s kinda funny that monster affixes become “I WIN” affixes. I don’t think GoD needs any more power.

1 Like

Yeah we tried it and it doesn’t work sadly otherwise I think wizard/dh would be a two man wrecking machine.

On that note it does seem to work with Zoltan if he stands in his own slow time…seems too haven’t had him enough on a higher gr to actually see

Edit: last season when I was LoD rapid fire I always saw Missle Dampening which I hated because you have to hump them to get the grenades to actually hit. Now they’re so rare mabye it was intentional with the new set coming out.

I would say that the current interaction between Hungering arrow and missle dampening bubbles is broken. A single projectile should only pierce an enemy once on its way out and once on its way back. Not keep piercing while essentially hovering in place. If the hostile enemy moves back and forth across/through the arrow, sure pierce each time, but not if the enemy is just standing in the arrow.

Another broken mechanic is how the vallas works. Essentially a single strafe projectile can trigger multiple Hungering arrows to fire. Combine this with the above issue with missile dampening and you get one strafe projectile creates 50-100 hungering arrows. Each time the strafe arrow pierces a mob, it can create a whole new hungering arrow.

If the nerf that I think I’ll stop using that set for pushing then. I don’t think it’s broken I see it necessary to balance out how weak it is against standard single targets and juggs. It’ll be a straight farming build for me and I’ll go to the shadow.

Neither one of the issues i statrd above is a significant issue by themselves, its when they interact with each other that it becomes overwhelmingly OP. Unfortunately, one of the issues needs to be addressed, preferably the issue with vallas bequest.

No it can’t trigger unlimited HA’s because of an internal cooldown of 9 Frames. Issue with Missile Damping is that Devouring Arrow increases damage 70% per pierce. If an enemy runs 10 times trough it it’s a 10 x multiplier on top. Strafe projectiles aren’t auto-aimed and if the hit a wall they disappear.

The set isn’t broken, but a 5 GR to strong. All top clears were done with Seasonal theme and massive fishing. Top clear on PS4 is 140 with EW and OP maps.

Every time the strafe projectile pierces because of vallas, it can create a whole new hungering arrow. Even if your breakpoint bracket falls in the 9 fps, that is still roughly 6-7 times per second. If in a missile dampening bubble, that is 6-7 new hungering arrow projectiles per second per strafe projectile pierce if the projectile’s hitbox is actively colliding with a mob hitbox. Then each of those is having its damage increased by the rune on hungering arrow.

The highest clear with the build will be where someone gets OP floor with an early missile dampening champion early and milk the bubble without killing the champion. This can be acheived by manually firing hungering arrow while facing away from the champion. Manually firing allows for aim control. Cast hungering arrow 10-20 times then stay between the champion and the arrows. Hard to pull off in solo, but with a support, you can leave to strafe for damage mit. Let the barb stay bwtween the arrows and champion.

This sounds like hater y’all… I watched last season as the DH had the LOWEST clear of all the characters in HC ps4 and now that we’re up near the barb/crusader people want to whine.

I don’t think it’s 5 Grs to high I think the other sets are 5 hrs too low.

I can clear a 131 at 2300 paragon without the season using a decent rift not a badone but not great and that seems to be a solid spot.

The issue isnt with how high it clears solo, but how it does it.

Another issue with the build is that the hungering arrows proc’d by strafe are benifiting from area damage.

The whirlwind/rend barb cannot proc area damage with the rends proc’d by whirlwind…

The Tempest rush monk actually gets its damage nurfed unless it acheives 100% or more area damage.

Those are different characters so it can’t compare… that’s again is hater talk.
‘Oh his skill procs xxx but this one doesn’t?’ It’s broken!

Sorry but I don’t follow your logic to be perfectly honest.

You can’t say it’s broken because have you tried to just use hungering arrow on a MD without using the set to test if it’s the set or HA itself that allows for the interaction the the bubble. My guess is you haven’t and I’d be willing to guess that the set has nothing to do with it therefore it’s an intended consequence of how that skill works.

Yes, those are different characters, but as with the rend barb, procs cannot proc procs. Area damage is a proc. If strafe is procing your primary skill, then the proced skill should not be able to proc area damage. I used the rend barb to prove the case. The rule that procs cannot proc procs is a standard in diablo 3.

We have tested various scenarios with the hungering arrow. The set only contributes two issue, a proc procing area damage, and strafe creating additional hungering arrows from a single strafe projectile with valla’s bequest. Then add in that the projectiles are allowed to pierce a single enemy more than once per hitbox collision.

We have tested these mechanic in HC on Xbox 1.

Btw, blizzards stated balance approach is to allow a build to complete a gr 130 solo with 5000 paragon. If you are doing gr 131 with 2300, then it is too strong.

Before you label someone as a hater, realize you started this thread implying you wanted to hear what others thought about it. I’m not hating. I am merely presenting known tested issues that may be contributing to the build out performing the balnce goal of gr 130 solo with 5000 paragon. I am actually glad to see the DH having another option to push with. I’ll be happier when all classes have several builds that can compete.

If that’s the case then the crusader is too strong, the WD is too strong, the wizard is too strong, the barb is too strong, the monk is too strong… they all have hit up to 131 if not higher with the same or less paragon than I have. And it’s not the season theme because they did it last season too.

If that’s really the case and the benchmark is 5k paragon then all the builds need to be nerfed.

Edit: you play on Xbox so I know what kind of person you are :wink:

(Jokes only jokes folks)

Last season allowed for higher pushes because of kanai’s cube affording any item in any slot. The builds ran last season can never be ran again. The WD was overpowered, and did get nerfed (phantasms no longer count as pets, so mask of jeram no longer works).

The crusader was OP, especially on PC where they were able to stutter step to cancel out the animation of Heavens fury, allowing it to reach rediculous attack speed. It got nerfed via the shield of fury being reduced from 20 to 10 stacks.

And as I look now all the classes mentioned have soloed in the 130’s on the PS4 leaderboard HC without that cube theme. So yeah either they’re all too strong by blizzards standards or they’re more on track than they’ve been in awhile.

I don’t check SC leaderboards nor do I care as the save wizard is way more rampant there than in HC those cleats are stupidly higher regardless.

I was going to point out that savewizard could be a reason why people are clearing high rifts, because we all know what kind of players playstation players are ( i got jokes too).

However, the balance approach of gr 130 solo with 5000 paragon is for non seasonal characters. They stated, that because of season themes, builds are likely going to acheive this with less paragon, or even higher.

Well well well haha at least we can agree there is no three socket weapons like on switch! But seriously Xbox doesn’t have save wizard? Lucky you guys.

“Middle Dampening”. Omegalulw

1 Like

There is currently no savewizard shenanigans on xbox one, that we know of. Possibly because xbox uses a second layer of encryption unlike playstation.