Message from the guy who cleared 140 on PTR

And not a moment too soon

3 Likes

Since 2.6.1, the balance become worse and worse. Yes, people do want a balanced world, more competitive builds. But balance is a time consuming stuff.

D3 has been moved to classic games. This is a small team. And to maintain the active players, seasonal buff is more effective. Man look foward, 100% to 200% wont change too much, if barb truely op, let em hype for just one season, nerf the op build after that season.

I tend to agree bliz’s strategy: focus more on new stuff, seasonal buff, new set, these will extend the life of this 8 years old “dead” game. They addressed many times in their blue post.

I really hope u can understand why barb is so united this time. That’ not only this community, the community in d.163 is also quite angry about the “blizcon rend nerf”.

1 Like

You can’t look at the data this way. Barb WW was the big new thing in PTR so EVERYONE ran out to run the new setup. They applied all their non-season paragon and blood shards to get instant gear and pushed to see the max.

I GUARANTEE you, if impale DH did the same thing during their PTR, AND pushed HARD when impale changes were considered (no one did because DH base is not trying to kill themselves, AND they have no alternate motives from other classes)

They would have been viewed in the same context and probably nuked. they were not and that build lives on today. if losing a zDps DH to a meta that lives off it were at stake back then, who knows?

But please quit comparing inflated stats from PTR testing when EVERYONE ran out to test a new build buff with TONS of paragon to the same base that ran just because they loved the class.

2 Likes

Glad you spoke out dark and it’s sad to see players still posting in this thread ignoring the facts and refusing to take his words. Still using words like ‘why did you push?’. Sorry pushing is not 3 hrs and a dozen keys like he said, let’s get real. Sorry double paragon is not double damage, like he said. Everything he’s saying is correct, and when it’s not, he’s admitting it.

So what do you guys want exactly? Did you want him to simply not play the PTR at all? Like they said above if it wasn’t dark it would have been someone else.

Also you do not give the devs enough credit, they likely know the power limits from the 100’s of players that ran PTR who actually did try to push it that aren’t maxed gear, but if they were, could get better results. So it’s not like one person here is to blame or be responsible.

If anything the tons of players who sped by 110s in 2-3 minutes NS are far more outliers than what dark did.

I was thinking, but if all the zDPS barbs were to quit in protest of the Lamentation nerf…

Wouldn’t that basically make the 4 man meta collapse? I don’t think any other class/build can replace zDPS barb in a 4 man.

FYI:

Basic Theorycrafting: The Damage Formula | 1

Sheet DPS = Base Stat Factor *Base Damage Factor * Crit Factor * Damage Inc. by Skills Factor * Speed Factor.

Actual DPS = Sheet DPS * Skill Weapon Damage Factor (*Damage to Elites Factor)

So increasing Dibs 10% does not equate a 10% increase in damage. That is true (as they are collated in one category only). However, increasing STR 10% does equate to 10% damage increase as mainstat itself is a multiplier. So Increasing STR 100% equates to double damage.

And

1.17^x=2------>x=(log2)/(log1.17)=4.4GRs. Doubling damage provides 4.4x GRs worth of damage (+340%)

So if Darkpatator was 5000 paragon, he would clear 135-136 with a similar performance.

This is how top paragon clears have potrntial to ruin a class. Get that?

9 Likes

Just checked paragon: 10766,

his max str = 82746; toughness = 1141m;
p5k max str = 46700; Toughness = 685m;

DPS increased by 77%; = 3.6 GR;
Toughness increased by 66.56% = 40% DR; (If GR increased by 5 tier, toughness requirement increased by around 10%) He can use his excessive toughness adv for dps increase. Usually a good estimation to this amount = 66.56/2 = 33% extra dmg, which means 2 more tier.

My conclusion is, he has around 5.5 GR advantage vs a p5000 player (all 150 aug).

3 Likes

Use paragraphs next time.

1 Like

Oh, if you behave like a troll, twisting data to support your claim and mentioning imaginary clears I’ll call you a troll, alright. If you pretend to be something you not I’ll do that aswell. You know, thing is, we don’t care too much about these little games anymore. We wanted to be heard -for years- and now that we have been heard and got a good promise of a build for us we will sure fight for it.

There are no really bad guys here, Free. We are all random guys at a videogame forum. But surely there are the troll, the idiots (sorry about that, Trika) and the ones who just want to spin to win after a stressful day at the office. If the no-lives and nerd morons do not try to interfere with the return of my favorite of all time Barb build, I’d be much more friendly.

1 Like

The reason we are like that is because trolls have more power then barbs do!!! If trolls were treated like barbs, blizzard would look at MicroRNA like a 140 grift clear @10.5k para and say dude needs a nerf. Nerf by 7 grifts!!!

DarkP… next season can you push with Blackthornes. That needs a nerfing hard. It’s OP.

5 Likes

[Removed]

We didn’t get a single answer yet, we don’t know the final Patch we get and all you can do is cry-screaming for a revert and placing yourself as THE player to hear on.

You are poiting on Darkpatator, because he participated on the PTR how we should do?
You are pointing out on him, because he ““quote”: should now better?”

The barb got buffed, beside that belt (which we can’t know how he goes live) the barb would compete in a range that is the normal average. 140-145 is not the normal average. It likely is 130-135 and there are tons of builds in the game that can’t even reach 110 properly.

You are trying to get the most out of this single PTR, which is fine, but with a bad taste and an ungrateful behaviour.

It doesn’t matter how long, in months or years, the barb wasn’t on par with the “limited 0,2% of top players”.
Blizzard decided to take action on class balancing over the next few patch cycles. So…this means, the barbs current state may not be the end.
We all get new sets, items and item buffs.

The barb was just part of this first roll out, because he REALLY, really was too weak.
This got fixed, with or without lamentation buff and still, you complain about not being as good as the “limited 0,2% of top players” ?

No offense to you…but i highly recommend coming down a bit.

It is a SINGLE Patch, a SINGLE ITEM, you make such a unnecessary negative environment of and the worst…you are offending a player for his tests!

We don’t know the final Patch and there wasn’t a single bluepost.

BUT, we should see one in the next days, due to the normal announcement that happens before each season.

Relax!

Forum Moderator Note: We encourage having discussions around the feedback and changes for the game. That said, insulting other players breaks the Code of Conduct and can lead to temporary restrictions from the Diablo forums.

2 Likes

You really should take a look at both the Barbarian and General Discussion forums a bit more. You’ll find plenty of times where it was acknowledged that Monks were also direly in need of a buff but that the people that put together the Barbarian buff proposal didn’t have enough Monk experience to do the same for that class, and hoped someone would do the same for them.

Short version:
Barbs never claimed to be the only class that is underperforming.
Barbs never claimed to be the only class that has underperforming and outdated items.

10 Likes
3 Likes

I would just try not to let this forum get to you. These are the same people who complained about power creep before, which says a lot about whether or not they actually care about the game as a whole.

Actually if you actually read the posts in this thread, Free has repeatedly said it’s not DarkPs fault and that he’s not a bad guy. He’s just disappointed the way things shook out and that someone with as much D3 experience as he has didn’t forsee this happening when similar things have happened so often in the past.

Also I think the reason barbs are making their feelings known now is that when we see the final patch notes it will be too late for any changes, and we’ll have had a competitive build pulled from us at the last minute yet again. It’s not just one item, it’s a history of either being ignored and forgotten completely while most of the other classes can do more with less, or having any new potentially powerful things we do get yanked away from us at the last minute… For years.

4 Likes

DarkP, Sorry that you’ve had to face this furore. I really am aghast at just how much toxicity you’ve been treated with by some.

You certainly don’t deserve it for what you’ve done which just boils down to playing a game. The whole point of the PTR is to try to break things to fix them before a patch goes live, unfortunately, it seems this distinction has become redundant. Maybe Blizzard needs to implement a PTR of the PTR to try things before they go on the PTR but then I guess we’d need a PTR for the PTR of the PTR. Testing anything that may get nerfed is taboo it seems but anything can get nerfed so nothing should be tested so why have a PTR?

When forum member (Hadd) posted the rocky quote implying he would rather you died in real life than inadvertently contribute a tiny amount to a buff reversion that may not happen to a fictional class in a computer game shows just how toxic this forum is to anyone that doesn’t share the it’s point of view.

You have a lot of fans and I’m one of them. You’ve done nothing wrong, ignore the haters, enjoy the game and keep bringing those youtube videos I (and I imagine a lot of others) enjoy.

Not too much into interpretation, right? That’s literally the most absurd thing I’ve read in all recent posts.

lol. What a minion fanboy you are. You talk like he is a victim of something. Guy posted his opinions, we posted ours, and that’s it.

Perhaps you should read the entire thing before jumping into assumptions

4 Likes

I can finally post again.

Followed by.

I really hate the argument that it’s just barb vs barb. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that people don’t like to play the weakest class in the game because ya know… it’s the weakest class in the game.

A 150 class grinds paragon much better than a 120 class. Speaking of paragon.

That’s 25k mainstat. So it doesn’t matter if your shoulders were ancient and augmented. 150 augment*5 is 750 mainstat. That wouldn’t even be 1 tier. According to Dark, you need 8.33k mainstat for each new tier.

Yes, I’ve been saying that 140 was a top tier rift.

If you can’t survive against best mob type at 140, how are you expecting to survive at 144? Even if you got the best layout, conduit at the right time and everything was good, if you didn’t get the best mob type, you wouldn’t survive. I don’t think you would survive even with the mob type at 144.

On a sidenote. How much of your 10.5k paragon did you invest into vitality for that 140 clear?

Chantodo got a 3 tier nerf at max. Hasn’t the build cleared 146 now? It might go from speed 120’s to speed 119’s. I love how blizz knows exactly how to much to nerf and balance this build to only bring it down a few gr’s but totally obliterates barb.

The timeframe doesn’t really matter. All you had to do was find a good floor. You have the experience, skill and gear for the rest. You’re 10.5k paragon. Your entire account is tryhard.

The main thing to point out is that this is all speculation. People said bazooka isn’t that great and won’t clear higher than vyr’s or higher than 144. All of a sudden someone does 148. Everyone is just speculating about what a build can do.

As you stated, you weren’t on the PTR for very long. You assumption that a build can do 145 based off of 1 top tier rift clear is quite hilarious. That’s like using one ability with barb in D4 demo and then claiming it’ll be the strongest class in the game. You don’t know. Plain and simple.

Take into consideration how long it’s taken for a barb buff. How long have we been waiting? How much time and effort has gone into multiple well written proposals over the years? How many players have stopped playing because they stopped waiting for their favorite class to come anywhere close to other classes?

I wonder if these same people attacking barbs for “whining” say the same thing about people of Hong Kong since that’s such a big subject of late. Are the protesters just “whining” for human rights? Speaking up to try and make a change isn’t “whining”.

10 Likes

Why you got yourself banned?