Massive WW/Rend nerf on Blizzcon PTR

Yes, and itemization is really where we need the big changes. I think it’s fair to say that people like how skills feel and function in D3, but the outdated tech and bad itemization, coupled to flaws in the base design, always hindered the kind of creativity that could be applied to items.

1 Like

Either way, this went a little off topic.

I’m not expecting D4 before 2021, and late 2021 at that. So let’s see how the game looks next BlizzCon before we celebrate or grab the pitchforks.

Classic Development team needs to fix this 7-8 GR nerf from WhirlRend PTR.

3 Likes

Totally unwarrented nerf. Please revert devs.

8 Likes

I am going to update thr analysis and add more charts. Planning to show the paragom baloney of the table lovers.

Based on the devs listening to the table lovers they’ve proven to be very effective. Perhaps you should augment your charts with supporting tables.

2 Likes

^My tables are real though not fiction :slight_smile:

Just updated here. Instead of feelings and fiction, real numbers from Era 11. Unfortunately they dont give PTR apis so no data about it.

but state of the classes and the required buff levels are obvious.

If nerf is their new tool and they favour balance, they must nerf demon hunter and wizard to oblivion.

You can use this data as you wish in this forum war:

2 Likes

Just a news update. I wrote to Fluffy on Twitter stating he should not call it a small nerf, since he also could speak to the devs at blizzcon. He then proceeded with “don’t know what you are on about, it was over performing”. So much for knowledge from players that gets invited to Blizzcon and then don’t know what they talk about.

If it was over performing it needed finetuning, not a nuke :confused:

2 Likes

How was it?
It was on par with Dh and Wd clears. 140 run by someone with 10k paragon points and almost max level gems is not over performing. Almost 90 percent players will never reach that.

2 Likes

Just going to be blunt, most of the Diablo streamers don’t know much about the game. They can just play 8+ hours a day and copy whoever figures out the best meta. There are a few who do actually do math or understand why a build is played the way it is, but most of them just grind paragon with their endless free time and think that makes them an authority on Diablo.

Fluffy was notorious for copying Barbarian forum guides and trying to monetize them on YouTube. I’ve never been a fan of him. I was glad when he went running over to the OP Necromancer.

2 Likes

I was excited to try out the barbarian for s19.

I was planning to start with necro before i learned about the barbarian beeing able to compete as dps both in solo and groups.

But with this nerf im not so sure any more.
I hear it is a 7-8 gr nerf but i asume thats for solo.

How much will this affect the clear times on solo speeds? Lets say like 95-105 or so.
Or the exp farming in 4 man teams i saw on ptr, one example i saw was a sub 2min clear on 103.

Or will this just mean what raxx mentioned in stream, it’s rat runs again.

1 Like

Sad about the nerf but it still will be able to clear T16 with ease and getting waste with the season journey will imo make it the best starter choice, just hope that they to not go forward with the nerf.

1 Like

Well, there goes my excitement for S19…

4 Likes

Need couple of words but have none.

3 Likes

Expect a new blog post that another round of PTR testing starts on 8th, ends on 15th.

S19 goes live on 22nd.

1 Like

I was really looking forward to S19 with my Barb, I’ve been a long time Barb player. Tired of barbs always getting the carrot dangled in front of them, and then them snatching it away. D4 from what ive seen looks promising, but in the end ill vote with my wallet as i have always done.

1 Like

Any evidence of this?

i just hope we get the updated notes before live. :rofl:

They really do need to revert this bs nerf. Wtf is the point of buffing a class just to revert it back to where it was. Why the heck cant you start small and work your way up if needed with a nerf. Like perhaps instead of lamentation buffing it 200% drop it to 150 first and try that. But no lets just revert it to the same pos it was before bc people who probably never played barb and didnt know how bad it was say its op get their way. Do you not realize barb has been BOTTOM tier for like the past 15or more seasons. Suddenly theyre brought to wiz levels and the nerf train starts. Why must you crush a class that has needed love for years and years. I am so gd sick of having to play wiz to be competitive and they are still kings even after their nerf. Barb nerf was completely unjustified and i sincerely hope you devs 2nd guess your decision here bc you always go too far. Peeps ask for an inch and you always take a mile. You couldve easily tweaked it to keep the haters happy and the fans of it satisfied but no you just had to gut the whole dam thing. Yet you wonder why fans are beginning to hate your corporation and cancel their subscriptions. Ive been a huge fan since i was 13 yrs old playing d1. I would walk 2 miles everyday to use the computers at a college campus near my house to take advantage of the cable internet bc then we only had dial up. The amount of love i have lost for you all at blizzard over the years is rediculous. I have 0 faith in you all at this point and it breaks my heart bc i have been a longtime dedicated fan playing every single game youve ever released. But these days you take things too far and my faith and trust in you is gone. I am so disapointed in the devs and in this nerf i dont even wanna touch next season now. Hope you think things through more thoroughly in the future.

3 Likes

I think Barbs might have been overnerfed. I think Lamentation taking the nerfbat to the teeth removes Rend from every being LoN viable in any case. I would have lowered the 2 piece Rend multiplier on wastes if I felt a nerf was justified. Donw to 400% was probably about right. That way, the sets performance is reduced and Lamentation is still a compelling legendary with LoN potential…maybe.

I see they also kicked the teeth in on Starpact, and that was definitely justified, but again in the wrong way. Reverse Archon is still a thing, and that was the real issue.

1 Like