Masquerade of Burning Carnival; Meta & Solo Situation

Cant wait for the new build! So excited for the new Necromancer build at last. My Calsedans are ready. So whats the situation of “Masquerade of Burning Carnival” in group runs and for solo runs. I missed the PTR Leaderboards but is this build take place in meta runs and for solo Leaderboards? Your thoughts?

Who tells him, that it sucked? Even more than typhoons veil?

1 Like

They will buff the hell out of it, adding Blood nova or grim scythe to it., just to make it interesting.

1 Like

oh i really hope so xD

I think the highest solo was about 115 to 120 on ptr. I gave up at 107, but could have gone higher, with 800 paragon and no augments, but almost all my gear was primal.

If stuff is grouped together it can do insane damage. So 4s it might work quite well, but it won’t work as well as any other build out there for killing trash, and the new DH build is probably mich better for that too.
It’s not great for plvl people or speed running, because you have to stop and cast, and it’s a narrow area of effect, pretty much every other necro set/build is better for speed runs.

It’s very tanky, so you can push above gr100 quickly and fairly easily, but you can’t get much further, and lod will push much further with probably less farming.

Good luck.

2 Likes

If you use Teeth, it can work quite well for speed farming similar to DH UE MS, but it won’t be the fastest Necro farming build. Probably Pesti with CE will be faster, maybe mages too. It does need a buff. It’s very underwhelming for pushing, but there are tons of options for Necro this season.

ive tried this, but it just feels so slow. Its animation/attackspeed is too slow and also the projectiles are very slow moving.
Ive seen videos saying that its T16 viable but seeing how just a autolancer fly-bys everything makes it pretty obvious that i wont play it that way. And a well built autolancer with a few paragon and good gear just melts t16 even without land of the dead because its self-sustaining its corpses at a certain point

People mention it to be like WD Carnival build…sounds like that too, but without the damage behind it…

its more like multishot. Just, that we dont have a weapon that makes it deal more damage while also decreasing the cost and attacking faster with it.

And the cone is way smaller and it doesnt shoot as far.

And on top of all of that pezradar stated that they needed alot of time for fixing bugs so they didnt do much on the set multipliers.
lol were screwed if this goes live. And im DH then, going full metaslave

1 Like

my stats;
*1530 Paragon Season 20 Necromancer LOD Blood Nova cleared: 115 Solo
*4003 Paragon NS Necromancer LOD Lancer cleared: 113 Solo
wonder the Masquerade of Burning Carnival could do.

Typhons in push looks to be about comparable to Masquerade, but I really feel Masquerade functions better in solo speeds even now. Typhons+DW+ES is fairly powerful but it clears slowly, and if you run non channeled Typhon solo speed, it’s at least 5GR lower in clear, speed for speed.

Masquerade felt great on PTR for solo speeds. Bone Spear feels kind of like Frozen orb with the mid range playstyle, rewarding when you land the hits. I like most of the runes on spear too, they are varied and fairly interesting. Not relying on LoTD felt great as well.

Was running 92s in 2.5 to 4 minutes at 900 paragon (ancient weapon though). It was really tanky compared to a lot of other necromancer set builds. I feel it will be a great set for offmeta solo players to progress with earlier in season while gearing for LoD.

I still feel Masquerade could use an increase of about 3 to 4 GRs’ worth of damage to make it more competitive with some of the other Necro LoD options and other class builds, but I think the set offers enough to be more worthwhile than LoD Bone Spear. This is the key point that separates and makes it better than Typhon upon release to live patch.

MoBC could improve in solo push clear potential some. I think the limitation is that essence generation is harder, so you either run a generator, or run LoTD, and both limit the uptime of spear chunking.

Perhaps the cost increase on Maltorius could be reduced (30 Essence base?), or the set could add some sort of minor amount of essence return mechanic based on number of enemies hit?

That said, I don’t think players really focused testing of this set because it was not one of the stronger builds for Necro on PTR. There could still be a little potential for extra clear there… but not THAT much.

Groups… Very little use for Masquerade at the moment, damage wise. If anything the 2pc or 4pc might be used in a support build.

4 Likes

How is 3-4 GR increase gonna make it competitive to WD/Crus/Barb/Monk who all clear 140+ with WD/Crus expected to clear 145ish after nerf since they were doing 150 push solo before nerf ?

This set is in no shape/form to even attempt 130+ let alone within 3-4 GR performance of the Crus/WD.

1 Like

No news on buff. So as of now, necro new set sucks real bad. I think I will play DH instead though I am a huge necro fan. Blizzard ran out of time trying to fix the season theme (no one cares) and DH set. Too bad. Necro fans are not aa vocal as DH fans. Necro has fallen behind for 10 seasons counting.

2 Likes

With all due respect, even the weakest set of D3 can do GR92 in season (read: low paragon). Benchmark is GR120+. This new set doesn’t have potential at high rifts unless you are fishing for maps. Simulacrums are terrible at hitting targets.

2 Likes

The final patchnotes arent out yet. So its still open if it gets some love.

However pez already stated that not much has changed in the final notes so i guess its the worst of all sets as of now.
If really nothing else is done to necro, im a dh too for sure

It is official. The new necro set will suck big time as tested by so many. There’s no buff at all to this set.

1 Like

yep. Im already thinking about a name for my demon hunter :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anyone can recommend link for Solo Non Seasonal Build of “Masquerade of Burning Carnival”? Some players use “Reilena’s Shadowhook” some of them use “Scythe of the Cycle” on hand.

Hi YuhunSuhan, I will link to my current builds page and sheet. Haven’t gotten dfans links yet, and I’m still organizing them. I hope you enjoy the bone spear builds.

• https://cratic.net/269-necromancer-gr-speed (scroll to bottom of this page for spear builds)
  • https://cratic.net/269-necromancer-txvi
  • https://cratic.net/builds (d3planner links, etc.)

I highly recommend checking out other content creators also, because well, there are a lot of Necro (spear builds in particular) that can be put together completely different ways, but achieve similar result.

For more Solo focused Necro Spear Builds check out these other content creators:

• Filthy Casual
  • Lord_Fluffy
  • Mnemonic_1
  • Bluddshed

For solo and group builds (mostly Corpse explosion and Scythe, but good to check out nonetheless):

• Wudijo
  • Rob2628 / Rob
  • sVr / svr_90

There are many other good content creators out there, these are just a few that came to mind that have or will be putting out Necro and Bone Spear content.

1 Like

Ah, I was more thinking 4 GRs would be good enough for speeds balance. It’s possible solo push could require more. While it isn’t great that necro didn’t even get this much increase for patch go-live, at least it looks like the d3 team will adjust the set if it’s solo push performance is not up to par this season.