Make the 4th Kanai cube slot permanent

Not just limited to season if you really want to provide players with creative flexibility to their character builds than just do it and it will make a lot players really happy.

This way you would show that you care about non season players too, not just season whole the time…

57 Likes

We haven’t even gotten it yet. Wait until it comes and lets see how much overwhelming power creep it brings.

Pew, pew pew pew! everything dies

17 Likes

Lol wow, I was expecting this kinds of posts like during and after PTR, seeing one now seems a bit too early. There’s always someone asking for a seasonal theme to be a permanant thing. I’m in favor of having all 3 cube slots where any item type can be used but not too sure yet for a 4th cube slot. Will have to see after PTR ends.

6 Likes

uh, anyone smart (and im one of them obviously) already knows this just makes the strongest builds even strong.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. The balance gap widens.

6 Likes

I don’t think this will happen. Non-seasonal characters are already advantaged by their high paragon (I will personally reach paragon 4,000 after season 22). What they might do though is bring back the 4th Kanai cube slot in other seasons.

Since I’ve been playing a tonne of MK Mobile lately which has also got gear split up into the weapon/armour/jewellery categories, I personally think a 4th slot in Kanai’s cube would be welcomed but in D3, I would only limit the 4th power to utility or damage reduction powers.

Historically, D3 players have been rewarded for going glass cannon and stacking damage. It would be good for that 4th slot to make us focus on the lesser used powers or fit in some some much needed DR.

good idea! and i would not be in favor of any limitation of item art in all 4 slots … few builds do not need it, but many weak ones need it … i almost only played wd and there it is very much needed …

2 Likes

Considering the 4th slot does effectively require UI changes to the cube, there is a chance this might become permanent.

Would it be wise to make permanent? That’s a tough question. This can add yet more power creep, it all depends on the builds. Mugsy’s idea of limiting the slot to utility or mitigation powers would be a good solution.

7 Likes

Yeah so, the weak builds will stay weak, while the strongest one will remain Strong…

Genious…

So what if it would make the strongest builds stronger it would also make the weak ones actually more playable and at least you would have some sort of choice even if one build would do 150 GRs while others only 110-130 GR which is still better than max 100-120 or even less than 100 GR right now…

Anyway most if not all 150 GRs were cleared either by using THUD, exploiting the season theme or any other in game exploits, botting for GR keys and than just fishing for the perfect GR map and mob density or with everything mentioned above…

All of the DH 150 GRs clears were done by abusing the season theme to your own advantage or even in some if not most or all cases by using THUD and either with macros or at least Numlock.

Right now only people with no life at all that spend playing the game over 10h a day for the whole season or account sharring, botting, THUD or macros using, numlock and abusing exploits gain the most, while legit players who can’t spend more than 2-4h a day are as always left far behind…

Unfortunately all you people see is how making the 4th slot for Kanai Cube will affect META group or even solo META players who spend over 10-14h most of the time cheating their way out to the TOP (using THUD is cheating) while you don’t care about the rest at all…

6 Likes

Well I created a post asking for this at the end of S20. Very few supporters.

4 Likes

Yes, and add difficulty T35.

2 Likes

it’s really like that. numlock is also nothing more than “legit” bug abuse like “legit” s21 season theme bugs.
when we played 2 months ago, season theme stacks often didn’t go away … you don’t even have to run away. what kind of joke is that? and why doesn’t the buggy crap stack in solo then?

I also saw a video from zbarb lvl 150 clear. there 2 people spoke in the background. there was the following dialogue:
P1: “there is a pylon”
zBarb: “which one is that?”
P2: “shield”

… just!!! on the map in the video PYLON WAS NOT TO BE SEEN!
so much for the “legit” clear! Other people in the forum noticed that too.

2 Likes

add a cube slot for legendary gems

9 Likes

It’s crazy to think that all these seasonal themes are accepted as no big deal to code into the game, but SSF mode is way too much work for them to ever consider implementing.

4 Likes

Considering double bounties was only opened to this season and double goblins only to a previous season, that already proves Blizzard doesn’t care about non-season.

1 Like

Yeah, it is super annoying when you had a good character in season and it just falls apart without the seasonal build options.

9 Likes

they have the numbers (hopefully … :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: ). NS hardly plays anyone. just watch open games. The effort is simply not worth it. and trust cannot be regained anyway.

1 Like

That’s probably because NS players are treated by Dev(s) like a black sheep in any family…

If we could choose from all the previous season themes in our “gameplay options” (at least 2 at once or even ONE) it would make NS much more interesting.

I also think that “double bounties” should be permanent too for both season and NS or adjust the number of act specific bounties to the difficulty level:

T16 - 160
T15 - 150
T14 - 140
T13 - 130

T1 - 10
Master - 8
Expert - 6
Hard - 4
Normal - 2

Unfortunately as every change that makes sense, this suggestion will be of course ignored, cause too much work… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

of course the level of difficulty has to be increased significantly!
the modes are implemented absolutely pointless and mindless. the first levels are for level up to lvl70 and after a few hours of playing with the set bonus you forget all except T16. and even T16 will later only be played for keys … then what for? bounties are an absolute waste of time. i wasted all of the mats on a ring and it still doesn’t have all of the stats with usable% that i want. after an hour of grift speed runs i do a lot more damage and swim in legendaries. Hopefully even a child will understand that ???
and everything is too difficult for the guy. he “develops” a little picture for more than 3 months probably not just like that …
that nothing will change is more than obvious. because good info is there. even up here and in many other posts. and I can remember very well how it was earlier on d2:
a german coder developed 100th new items, new monsters, skills and maps in his spare time in a few months and adapted a lot to the players. for example: large inventory and everyone could access huge item chest in the city. balance was great and i could finally play necro with skeletons. he also provided his own server and forum. 1000 people have played at the same time.
and what has the company developed in half a year? a cute little 1x1 charm. with the laugh I uninstalled this crap and never played d2 without mods again.
in case someone is still not clear: the man has produced 100 times more than a huge company for years after working with primitive development tools!

and now look at d3 … cheap and powerful tools for balance are there (hello EXCEL …). very complex 3D models are developed in a few MINUTES (hello introductions on youtube …). d3 engine works with very few polygons … even a teenager can produce more than 30+ sets per month. (you even got it in WARFRAME and now there are extremely many skins to choose from).

and if he has no idea … he can just read through your contributions … it says white on black what he can improve and keep many happy. but maybe a cat works there for 1 hour a month and can’t read or has difficulty pressing the buttons … i’m watching south park season16 ep3 in the background

4 Likes

don’t know if you played wow :wink:
that could possibly useful and it can be understood that they are doing this nonsense on purpose:
earlier (or even still) there were super ugly skins for sets in wow. many even created memes and compared them to clowns. later i read an interview from a developer. a designer actually didn’t develop a very ugly set. head of department was squatted … he ordered the designer to delete the skin because nobody else wants to play boring raids. since then there are only super primitive, ugly skins for causal players. even people in a prison look cooler. without exaggeration. there were even many in mold green after an addon …

1 Like