Make the 4th Kanai cube slot permanent

Never played WoW and not interested in playing it.

Not because I think it’s a bad game, but I’ll never pay a monthy subscription to play any game even if it was the greatest game of all time and millions played it…

2 Likes

not enough people reading the forum nowadays. I don’t think alot of people would be really against that.
S20 did open up some interesting build ideas which are locked otherwise, same for a 4th cube slot.

regarding the power creep. divide all set and leg multipliers by 10. across the board. done :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

make 4th cube slot for legendary gems, or keep it for 1 ring and 1 amulet. Make it permanent.

If it were to every be permanent I think the 4th slot should only allow class specific legendaries.

2 Likes

Thematically that would be interesting.

But that would kill off any potential to use the 4th slot for speed and farming builds which typically uses non class based legs like Nems/Broken Crown/RORG to fit in a crafted set of some sort.

No! Nein! Ni!
No more powercreep. Lets just have some fun in season 22 with it and then move on!

1 Like

Lets just IGNORE the OP. Every Season theres someone that says make the Seasonal Buff PERMANENT. Just stop
Its a THEME for a Reason. Move on people

OH … Hey Blizz please make all pre-existing seasonal buffs permanent in NS. Who cares if we completely break the state of play…

Unbelievable

5 Likes

So, theme benefits should be restricted to the season they were part of? The theme for Season 15 was double bounties. So, why is that currently enabled for Season 21?

1 Like

It is OK to bring back theme benefits from time to time in seasonal. But making them permanent may lead to power creep…

1 Like

Because Covid-19 came and Blizzard would be nice to their fan base and give them a reason to play again, as many had to stay home during the qurantine.

1 Like

I guess they don’t want to be nice to their fan base that plays non-seasonal…

7 Likes

Personally I play in both seasonal and non-seasonal. I consider my high paragon in non-seasonal quite an advantage already, so I do not feel the need of more bonuses in that mode (not to mention that we do get the effects of item changes in NS from patches, so that mode is not as left out as some are saying).

Powercreep, powercreep, powercreep…
/facepalm
No hope

Honestly i welcome any extra layer of combination of effects, and a 4th slot is a perfect example of it. I’d love its permanence, and would not be surprised if it was somehow restricted (to only non-class items, for example?) so as to have more room to experiment with.

Powercreep is an inevitability at this point. Even if we got grade A new content, it would always be powercreep, just for existing and giving more options for optimization. Honestly, i don’t understand why such hate for powercreep. Like, I understand the detraction, but it’s getting ridiculous to the point where anything that deviates from a puristic perception of vanilla D3 RoS is considered powercreep and summarily hated even before reception.
What gives?

3 Likes

Cause it was a lazy oooh let’s double it garbage theme that didn’t effect powercreep

So why didn’t they enable it for non-seasonal now, like they did for S15?

3 Likes

Different Team Holding the reins now. Stop trying to justify make seasons available for NS. Accept Seasonal is just that Seasonal
The whole point of NS is it’s the same 100% of the time. Making a 4th cube permanent at this point would just break that.
If you want NS accept the fact U don’t get buffs

2 Likes

@ Psotnick

I agree with every post except your first one. 2 beers to this dude.

Regarding 4th slot… it’s gonna end up being CoE or Furnace or some other stupid ‘mandatory” damage item. How would that help, for example, Garg WD, which is so underpowered at the moment I can’t effectively do even t16 bounties?

was it nerfed? a few seasons ago i only played “gargs” because everything else doesn’t make any sense. especially with the build you need endless help. “4th slot” is not enough! why the build can’t work now, other people have said too often!
besides, i don’t want to go into the topic any further. for years i only played d2 necro and i know very well what it looks like in d2 classic with skeletons. it is INTENDED that the build is and will be garbage.

2 Likes

@ NoItsMyMain

Not nerfed. It still breezes thru GR 75. Except that all other classes(not sure about sader, I only play LoN Bombardment and it’s also comfy around GR 80) are speeding thru 90s now with ease.

The 2 problems with Gargs are:

1. AI. They can buff damage on gargs to Oblivion, but what’s the point if ur pet punches random straggler on the side while you dance around a group of mobs? If it’s soooooo unreal to implement target button for pets, they can at least do priorities. Make em go for yellow elites first, then blues, then elite minions, then biggest dude on the screen. Because of this, your go-to method is pirahnado and cast gargs on top of it. Which brings next problem.

2. Cooldown. It’s ridiculously high. And since its ur only reliable way to force gargs attack certain mobs - it’s a disaster from gameplay perspective.

“Uh oh, but Vladi, wut about grave injustice?”

Yeah well maybe not. If I wanna be in melee range, I’ll play Jade or BBV set. The whole point of pets is to stay in the back and dodge while ur creatures do damage for you.

Also, no disrespect - I never played D2 and fail to see why if Pet Necro sucked in D2, WD must suck in D3. That’s beyond my comprehension, sorry brother.