Things that REALLY NEED to stay in Diablo 3

In a blizzard, expect snowflakes, even if they are last season’s clones.

The more it’s posted, the better…

If it’s posted like 1 million times, Blizzard will most likely take it into consideration because of how in demand it seems to be among customers/players…

If it’s only posted like 10 times, there will be a higher chance of it being scratched due to an assumed “lack of interest” from customers/players because of the non-existent pleads to keep it from customers/players…

1 Like

They are not going to keep the 4th Cube slot.
“The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken”

You know the kids like to post the same things over and over.

I really enjoyed the 4th slot in T16 builds. But in pushing builds it was always Shadow Hook, Deathwish or any item that just made the build stronger, not more fun.

1 Like

The sticky at the top of the forum says to check for existing threads before creating new ones, and that duplicates might be removed. All you’ll succeed in doing is getting multiple threads locked.

Why do some people want to spoil and abuse these things to no end? Power creeping cry babies.

No, it is not. It’s spamming and now it’s been flagged as such.

Creating more and more threads on certain subject does not make that subject any more valid. In fact the effect is the opposite.

It’s funny I read post after post about how totally OP the Necromancer is, even to the point of conspiracy and at the same time people are constantly crying to keep the 4th cube slot. The reason the Necromancer is so OP right now is BECAUSE OF THE 4TH CUBE SLOT. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Indeed. The bone spear build, while fun, is so OP because the 4th slot is occupied by Reilena’s Shadowhook which is effectively 4.3x damage multiplier, giving nearly 10GRs worth of boost.

That’s the extreme example but other classes are not much better. The 4th slot didn’t add any diversity, just power creep.

2 Likes

That’s true. And it’s also true with the new follower update in a way. It’s just more power creep. At least in the case of the followers it’s more power creep for solo players, but it doesn’t close the gap between the top builds and everything else.

It isn’t a permanent game feature, just a seasonal perk to incentivize seasonal partificpation. I agree with you that it is great, but I also recognize that part of the fun is in the renewal of something different. Some seasons are more lackluster than others and the 4th cube slot may be my overall favorite, but in the end it just feels like the community always wants more. The constant pursuit of “more” can hurt the game all the while making it harder and harder to balance.

That is true and not. It did allow me to play my monk’s Tempest Rush differently, using a different skill allotment and with a different off-hand weapon than I had before, while also testing new equipment in the Cube. That is definitionally “diversity” but it also meant I got to clear a solo 100 GR which I had not done before… meaning more power.

I am sure if I went back to the usual, I’d get higher but I don’t care. 100 was my personal goal and its accomplished.

Haven’t you heard? The kids like to post the same things over and over.

Misleading title. You said “things” but it’s just the one thing. Stop with the clickbait rubbish already.

I’m sure you could redirect that anger somewhere else. Put that energy into editing posts and making more informative/accurate titles. You could even add “Do not reply to this unless you’re a dev because otherwise I’ll become an unreasonably angry boy”. :+1:

Not even good ad hominem either. Tut tut.

Devs don’t read these boards, they’ve got their hands full with more pressing matters. Moderators do, however, and they have been known to consolidate similar posts under one heading. Creating numerous posts about the same subject doesn’t get you more attention or results. The 4th slot was a seasonal theme and is not going to be retained.

So, you are a DEV now???

What games have you developed??? I would like to try them out seeing as that I am always seeking new, innovative development… None??? I thought so…

A little advice, do not post here about what a DEV does, you are NOT one for a reason… Learn to code/create and then create your own game to criticize… Once it fails, you will see how irrelevant your troll posts are…

Wow, dude, you need to grow up. Nobody is trolling you, we’re just telling you the truth. You have a bit of a 'tude and I suggest you tamp it down a bit unless you are itching for a ban.

You’re right, I’m not a dev. - I build airplanes for a living. What’s your excuse?

2 Likes

Community Managers read those boards to report back to developers for the month or week, because it’s their job. Not developers themselves. You’re not a developer yourself either, nor know better than the current developers. Calm down.

1 Like