Make D2 from scratch instead D4

Especially if the remake also affects people with the original game, just as Warcraft 3 Reforged affected users (whom hadn’t even purchased reforged) of Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and/or The Frozen Throne.

3 Likes

So let’s say they “remake” D2 just for you. What exactly does that entail? You get some spiffy new graphics and possibly a better UI that isn’t complete shiite?

Better to just keep playing your beloved D2 as is. Nothing is ever going to trump it for fanbois like you. There is no upside for Blizz.

3 Likes

I personally never cared about a dislike button. When it was available, If I liked what someone said, I put a like and if I didn’t, I moved on.
Maybe we have different opinions, or I don’t understand a persons point of view. I never even disliked complete trolls, whatever not worth the time…

But by yours statement it seems to me that it is so important for you to dislike someone if you don’t agree with someone :smiley: Dislike button warrior(s).

Maybe this is why it was removed, anyone could do whatever sh*t anywhere with that button.

By default, a post is viewed as neutral.
If someone clicks like on it, they indicate they like or agree with the post.
If someone clicks dislike on it, they indicate they dislike or disagree with the post.

By only removing the dislike option all posts, no matter how much people dislike or disagree with them, are now viewed as neutral. The only way now is to compose a reply, countering the post, and hope the counter gets lots of likes.

It’s a bit like having a voting slip that you can only leave blank or vote for just one of the parties. What if you want to vote for the other party?

2 Likes

$60 X 3 = $180.

Blizzard worker: Hey, someone willing to pay $180 for D2R.

Blizzard Boss: That is easy money. Call the team that made WC3R start to work on D2R now.

WC3R Team leader: No problem. We can start working on it. By the way, just asking, can we remove the offline mode or other features like what we did with WC3R? Removing those features will save us some money.

Blizzard Boss: Brilliant. No objection. You can see do whatever you see it fits. $180 is easy money. The lesser money you used on developing that game, the more profits for us.

Blizzard worker: But what if the players complaining about it later?

WC3R Team Leader: I got this covered. We will release more patches to fix the footprint (YES! It has really happened at WC3R!) on D2R. :slight_smile:

Blizzard Boss: Good. D2R is in a good hand.

WC3R Latest Patches:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-version-1325-patch-notes/23855

Footprints have been updated for the following groups:

• Trolls have their own unique footprint.
  • Undead units with missing footprints are now fixed.
  • Vehicles now have continuous rolling footprint.
1 Like

You and the other 10 D2 fan boys here.
Hardly enough to fund a game development.
But maybe they’ll give it a WC3ish remastering.

3 Likes

Dislike = “Your wrongness is self-evident and there is absolutely nothing to discuss, case closed”, but that wasn’t true in probably 95% of cases.

D2 had it’s time. It’s time to join us in the future… They’re already making the graphics inspired by D2 and bringing back runes, and talent trees. You haven’t even played D4 yet and you’re essentially writing it off since it’s not a D2 remake. Get with the times old man.

You are saying that based on… what? Exactly, what? Your “feewings”?

The truth of the question is that there’re several times more people that bought D3 than there are those who even PLAYED D2.

It’s hard to imagine that all those tens of millions were actually hidden D2 fans in disguise.

And among those who even played D2 - not all of them hated D3. BY FAR not all of them.

You’re still a minority of a minority.

Actually you’re the minority. 16k online on D3 based on Player Count and 21k on D2 based on logging in.

You’re the minority of a minorty here, guy. I think even the majority of D3 players can imagine how some more D2 influence would improve D4. You are a minority here.

Nobody is asking for a D2 clone, the split playerbase wants D4 to be more D2 influenced so that we can all enjoy the game instead of the majority of us playing a 20 year old game cause D3 was completely different. I mean, I don’t want a new game to be an exact replica of D2 either. I do want it to be a lot like D2 and an improved version though instead of just removing everything and making it a completely new thing. It’s weird when sequels are hardly related other than similar genres, npcs and environments. D2 is/was popular, of course those fans like Diablo 2 and want games like that.

Until we have actual numbers the point is moot because you don’t know and neither do anyone else.

1 Like

For anyone curious, Player Count is a fan site.

Welcome to PlayerCounter, where a bunch of gaming nerds with half-baked programmer skills got together to find a way of tracking player counts of online games.

After a few months of playing around and finding what worked, our group of misfits got better at tracking the network traffic of popular games and eventually our Gohost (pronounced “Ghost”) Network Protocol technology, otherwise known as GNP, came together. It’s not perfect but it is closer than anything we found.

16K PS3/4 players is pretty good though. Now, if only he had data on PC, X-BOX, or Switch. Oh…only Blizzard has that.

sigh

Nope, but he likes to pretend to get a reaction because :fishing_pole_and_fish: is a thing.

Player Count is for PC. If Diablo 3 has less PC players than D2 then something went wrong.

POE is averaging about 23k online right now on PC. Don’t try and act like Player Count is way off cause we all know D3 isn’t smashing D2 and PoE out the window.

I know. Unless that’s stuff is bannable, I’ll keep pointing it out. This doesn’t have to be FOX News where repeating a lie or falsehood worh no rebuttal allows the lie/falsehood to become reality.

It’s also not accurate, nor authentic. It’s an estimate by self admitted amateurs with no knowledge of the actual numbers.

So you are absolutely sure more people play D3 than PoE? I mean PoE is free to play. PoE is at 23k (varies 13.8k to 28k it looked like) and D2 is at 21k. How many people do you think are playing D3 on pc then, what would be your estimate?

My point is, don’t try to marginalize the concerns because it’s no sure thing that you are the majority. In fact, to me it looks like D3 is the minority.

That’s unrepresentative metric. Which has been explained to you in detail WHY it isn’t representative, but you chose to ignore it because that particular fact doesn’t fit with your line of argument so it may as well not exist.

And the main thing that I wonder is - WHY do you feel the need to bend truths.

You know who knows EXACTLY how many people plays D2 and D3 across all platforms? Blizzard.
You know whom this thread appeals to? Blizzard.

You’re appealing with unchecked facts to the company that HAS all the facts. Your ignoring the truth will not help anyone - it only confuses people. It won’t suddenly make Blizzard reconsider.

And the best thing? You don’t even NEED to do that.
If D2, like you say, is bigger than D3 - then you shouldn’t even worry. Because Then Blizzard already knows it, and will be modelling D4 after the more successful title.

I just don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve by shouting out unchecked facts, ignoring solid counter-arguments and repeating what is clearly false facts.

2 Likes

How bout you just answer my question then instead of avoiding it and telling me I’m misrepresenting the data?

How do you know that it keeps track of all PC accounts? US+EU+RU+NZ+Asia regions have more than 600 thousand players on their ladders each season. And even the lowest spots on those ladders are not weak - they’re something that I, personally, could never hope to achieve.

And these are only the LADDERS, which is only a small percentage of the playerbase.

That’s the more reliable statistics if you want to go and try to estimate how many people are playing D3.

Look, less Twitch views. Player Count says less players. D2 is at 21k and PoE is at 23k, it seems unlikely D3 is higher than PoE count. All the evidence says D2 is more played, but ok. It seems the only answer you will accept is that you’re right. Go ahead and ignore all of the evidence that doesn’t back your preconceived ideas.

Nice job trying to marginalize the ideas of others by calling them a minority when you are the minority.