Make D2 from scratch instead D4

I pay 3x more than you will ask for D4 game.

8 Likes

Not happening, your Demands mean nothing . This has been discussed in length already with the OP getting nothing but ridicule.
Please leave and join the D2 Forums

5 Likes

Just go play D2 then. You are not required to purchase D4.

9 Likes

install d2 then install d2se mod manager and plugy mod it gives you an unlimited shared stash across all characters and you can make ladder only runewords on single player, other than the graphics its like playing upgraded d2. try that out.

2 Likes

Can you pay several million times more?
Because that’s how much potential players they’ll be losing.

The majority of those who likes and wants D2 - are people who played it 20 years ago.
That said, the majority of THOSE people don’t really care about games anymore.

You’re a minority of a minority when it comes to Diablo fanbase. These days the overwhelming majority of people who would buy the next Diablo game - are people who played D3 at most.

10 Likes

I don’t think they should remake Diablo 2. There is nothing wrong with leaving a gem as-is. I don’t think my poor nerdy heart could take another Ghostbusters disaster.

What would be good though is if they took information on what things worked in Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 and worked to build upon and improve those things while still finding innovation in the genre. These have been discussed in great detail in previous threads, so I won’t go into length about it.

1 Like

well hate to say it but that is not correct. most of these people still play today and d2 has more active users than d3 does so whos to say who is the minority?

4 Likes

Topics like this can be automatically renamed into “I want my childhood back” -)

7 Likes

One error in your statement
D2 has more bots than D3
and everyone knows D2 is just a black market for items, all that is done is they bot all day and sell the items the bot picks up

3 Likes

there are more ppl that play offline single player than battlenet by far. batlle net is an absolute joke and should just be shut down.

No D2 just has more bots…

4 Likes
  1. d3 has just as many bots
  2. read the post above yours.
  3. everyone stop bothering me about this, I love d2 but I also love d3 and i’m excited for d4. i’m not a mouth breathing knuckle dragger d2 fanboy
1 Like

And thats why twitch got currently 2400 D2 viewers and D3 has only 500 viewers right?
Plus count in the D2 players that moved already to PoE, not every of them but already a big amount.
PoE got currently 7500 viewers.
:crazy_face:

Oh i see, D2 viewers are bots Hm? LMAO

3 Likes

SOME of those people still play D2 today.

Most of those millions of players that played D2 in 2000 are today over 40, with families and kids, playing modern games or not playing at all.

Only a few hardcore fans remain.

6 Likes

Twitch is your reference ?

do you want a shovel to dig a little more ? Twitch is not a reference , just a streaming platform for people to make money and nothing else for me .
less viewers for D3 means nothing , more for D2 means nothing either .

i don’t care how much players have each game , the most important for me is : do they like playing this game ? and nothing else

1 Like

Have you actually clicked them and checked the numbers? D2 twitch currently has 2000 viewer on a female Korean streamer. Majority of her viewers will not scatter through other D2 streamers when she ends her stream but will simply vanish. And some people still don’t realize twitch view doesn’t exactly portray how big the playerbase of the game is. It could simply mean they prefer to watch the game instead of actually playing it. As for PoE, by your logic D2 is trash compare it.

Me? I could care less whichever game is more popular.

1 Like

Do you have actual statistical proof on this comment, or is it just your opinion?

2 Likes

It just shows how hardcore your fan audience for the game actually is.
If you prefer better sources sure you can get this.

https://playercounter.com/diablo-3/

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

these charts show you the actual playerbase and its funny that PoE already has on average the double or even quadruple more peak players than D3.
And yes this source seems trustworthy, i compared Dota2 actual player base here with steam charts and it fits with the current player base

There is no real chart for D2 because its a game that gets no support but just a Ladder reset as its been stated its a game that players play with several different mods since it supports offline play.
Do the rest of the research yourself if you are interested so much about exact D2 numbers.
And also please count in how many bots there are in for them 3 games :3

And even if she is a girl and got 2k streamers its a huge number to achieve this dont you think? I dont see any D3 streamer streaming as much.
The same can be said to that female D3 streamer with about 110 viewers.
If you substract the ammount in both D2 and D3 you reach the following numbers.

Diablo 3 = 300

Diablo 2 = 393

We are comparing a 20 year old to an 8 year old game here with D2 getting close to 0 support and D3 still being updated with new stuff for every season :rofl:

Incorret sir, people love to see the builds of players since the game is much more complex than D3.
Thats why D3 got so few viewers, because people arent interested in it.
And yes PoE and D3 have only 1 year of release difference.

Nobody asked if we care about your opinion, but Blizzard should care if they plan to succeed with D4 by having people who are actually interested in it.

4 Likes

Given D3 supposedly sold 30+mil copies, the game is about as dead as it gets. 15k current live players doesn’t actually seem far off from the truth. If anything it seems like too many.

3 Likes

Seasonal resets will do that too a month out from the reset. Even happens in PoE.