Freezing when doing greater rifts

I posted about this issue a while back but i ended up temporarily fixing it, but its back…so the issue is i’m getting full 15 second freezes, but its only happening in greater rifts. every other aspect of the game works perfectly fine. i can run every other game on my pc and never even drop 1 frame, my pc is not the issue. this really needs addressed because i cant even do high level rifts which is the only point in this game because every time i do i freeze die several times and lose so much time that at that point, the rift has failed. i’m legit about to quite this game because i cant do anything apart from normal rifts and bounties. I love diablo, but for all that is holy…please fix this. PS this started happening within the last 2 weeks and it was after the version 2004 windows update.

1 Like

I bought the game about 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. About a week or so ago i started noticing major frame rate issues in GRs. ESPECIALLY when i am in a multiplayer lobby with all players in the same instance. Really bad hitching and even some lag.

Sounds a lot like this…

…which is due to an interaction between Diablo III’s sound system and the 2004 update to Windows 10. Was reported a couple of months ago, still awaiting a fix from Blizzard.

yeah its been bad as of the last week or so, i had someone tell me that its something with the new windows update and the diablo patch acting up. but im not sure, its getting to the point where i cant play tho lol

You need to replace your[quote=“MetlinDesign-1438, post:4, topic:21536”]
its getting to the point where i cant play tho lol
[/quote]

You need to replace your FMOD file as per the “19041” post.