[Lounge Thread] Slaughtered Calf Inn

I have never had one but they sound good.

1 Like

I put Ranch in my Spaghetti, itā€™s awesome.

Ranch and Honey Nut Cheeriosā€¦ :thinking:

Nah. :smiley:

I donā€™t normally have Ranch dressing in my house. so i have not tried that. Butter pasta on the other hand, yes. With fresh basil and grated parm.

On the issue of a new computer. My laptop is my primary computer. It is an old Alienware from 2013. I was gifted a franken computer of old parts as others upgraded so I have a desktop sort of, if I buy a monitor.

I really want a new laptop though, that can handle Blizz games for at least another 7 or 8 years like this one has. I donā€™t even know where to start looking.

1 Like

Well I donā€™t suggest getting something top of the line GPU wise. Mid range on the GPU at best. Look for GPU temps under max load. Cooling gets tricky when condensing the air you can push through the ā€œcaseā€.

I donā€™t mess with gaming laptops. Iā€™ve seen a lot of them come through the shop with GPU/motherboard problems associated with running too hot, more so with folks who donā€™t know they have to clean them out oftenā€¦ Or worse, smoke around them. :confounded:

Yep. I back when I built PCs I always went for top of the mid range. Best equipment for the price. Top end new was always over priced.

I have an always on fan based cooling pad for my current laptop which is likely why it has lasted 7 years, almost 8. Brand seems to be Cooler Master. It gets cleaned often and the interior of the laptop was in great shape, dust free, when the SSD was upgraded in Nov 2018. The cooling pad was a gift from someone who decided to go travel the world and ditched most thingsā€¦I got the cooling pad. heh. Oh, and some D3 vanilla gear.

Oh heck no! I have asthma from my mother smoking when I was little. I HATE IT. Never have and never will. I donā€™t even eat or drink where something can get on the PC. Cat hair thoughā€¦hard to prevent even though they stay off the laptop keyboard.

1 Like

Yeah a cooling pad is good for gaming laptops. Some gaming laptops arenā€™t very high off of the table, and that table can get pretty warm after a good gaming session. Thatā€™s doing nothing but preheating the air taken in by the laptop.

I learned about that back in around 2006 with a work laptop. Had to elevate the backside when on travel to make sure it had enough cool air going in!

Dust and heat are fatal to computers.

I am open to laptop suggestions by the way. Not going to get one until this dies, but the learning curve is steep. Suggestions welcome.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had computers come in that were so bad the inside components looked like they were covered in a spiderweb ghillie suit.

They may have had actual spiders!

1 Like
1 Like

So this is going to be the Off-Topic Section of the Forumā€¦

I remember that when I still was regularly active on the old Median XL Forums over 10 years ago, there also was an Off-Topic Forum, but it got closed down, because everything turned into memes and sh*tpostingā€¦

Hopefully this one here stays open for longer and goes better, though I still would like to see some good quality memes here.

Anyway, I take a simple well done steak with chicken spice (that combination works, trust me).

1 Like

I know I suggested the name in one thread. Donā€™t know if anyone else did the same. I picked the name based on the Blizzcon events.

Back to food
:cry: The annual Lexington (NC) Barbecue Festival is canceled this year. :cry:

A town of 20k getting an influx of 200k tourists makes Social Distancing kinda hard. :mask:

I use extra sharp cheddar cheese in mine and top with the usual grated Parmesan cheese as well.

4 Likes

Breakfast recipe:

• 1 cat (dead or alive)
  • 1 bread

Time to prepare: 1 minute

Preparation: Slice the bread in 2 and put the cat in the middle

Eating approach: Make one big bite first, then look not to make a mess. Enjoy your meal!

P.S. This is a joke post. Donā€™t eat cats in real life. You might get some disease. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wait, what did just read in the Tips section? Chilled red wine?
Some would see that as pure heresy!

POUTINE!!!

French fries
Cheese curds
Gravy

It may sound gross but itā€™s awesome.

2 Likes

Is that a Canadian thing or European thing?

Yes. Its good.

Dead man walking, heart attack on the way. :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Wow, finally met someone who puts ranch in spaghetti like I do. Family thinks Iā€™m crazy but at least I have another crazy to share with :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Poutine is Canadian. Actually started in the Province of Quebec.

1 Like