Lost the hype for d2:r

I’m still hyped but I would feel better with a release date for the beta :wink: :wink: :wink:

LUL busy. busy for cosplay lore cringe event

If that’s what you wanna tell yourself. It’s obvious they have to fix things from the alpha.

Back in the day you actually had to pay for gaming hype.

Example: Pay for Nintendo Power subscription. Without paying to get this magazine, you had absolutely no idea what Nintendo was doing at all. You’d just have to wait to see games appear on a shelf at a store. It was the only source of news and they made you pay for it.

Nowadays people just have to type into GOOGLE: “Upcoming game releases” and for free we get this massive amount of detailed coverage on every new upcoming game.

On a different note though, I think that Blizzard is holding back on making statements for several reasons. Probably the biggest reason which I’ve already explained in a different thread, is that due to so many different opinions on what people want from this game, no matter what Blizzard announces, it’s going to piss off a lot of people. They are probably just deciding to take the stance right now that “it’s best not to say anything”.

Maybe if people stop being so ridiculously knit-picky and criticizing about every single little tiny thing, Blizzard may be a bit more excited to share more details with us.

I mean that really is something to consider.

no mate that’s because we all argued about every possible tiny little thing repeatedly already :smiley:

2 Likes

There are less threads because a lot of the subjects have been argued to death already, and the more frequent, toxic posters have likely been removed from the forums.

It’s not that bad a thing.

I am in a hurry for the game to come out. Because I did not know this game at its peak, that said if the game comes out and no new expansion comes out to add content, players will still play D2 of course, but more players disappear because paying 40 dollars for a 20-year-old game is not good

I would like new acts, the possibility of crafting to change the enchantments of legendaries as I wish, to have more trade, new builds, a seasonal mode, IG transmogrification like D3, more difficulty level, from goblins to treasures as in D3. In real D3 bring good ideas that would benefit from being in D2R while of course respecting the original game. The #nochange is not a viable option, we see it with WoW Classic where players quickly drop once level 60

We should be hearing news about the beta some time soon.

Remember, there are two WhirLWinD’s(me, and the other that spells his the same, but different capitalization - Whirlwind. And, of course, different #tags). All I’m doing is making predictions, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just making guesses, and seeing if any of them come true! June 29th is out of the question, but I had guessed that back in end of February before TBC release, etc… I do hope, though, that VV takes their time, and makes a polished D2: R like the old Blizzard of the 90’s/00’s did to their games. Either way, the game is coming out 2nd half of the year, and it’ll be here before we know it! :slight_smile:

I grew up when games were on tapes, so yeah I know about patience. But we aren’t in those days anymore. if you do a huge online release of a game and have a website dedicated to its release then yes I would like a few updates as to how things are going.

What is losing my hype for the game me not being willing to wait.
In not cancelling my preorder I’m just stating that I’m no longer totally hyped for d2:r.

Where did I saw they owed me anything. I said I would like some updates not that I was owed them because I preordered.

Yeah, same here, hype is gone.

We’ll get two more doses of the hype train… Whenever they announce beta and when the game is released.

The biggest wave of the hype train was parked when Blizzard announced D2:R.

Patience, D2:R is on the horizon.

I grew up when games were on tapes, so yeah I know about patience. But we aren’t in those days anymore. if you do a huge online release of a game and have a website dedicated to its release then yes I would like a few updates as to how things are going.

Yes is completely gone with me. also the communication on the part of blizzard, namely none, is very weak. Blizzard has, in my opinion, qualitatively completely decreased. I am now completely indifferent to when it comes out.

1 Like

There is SUPER something wrong with that when you keep going to threads, pushing your predictions, bumping the thread, linking to it nonstop, and generally reminding people about your predictions, which in turn creates false expectations.

It’s one thing to make predictions, it’s another to carry them around to every single thread you go to, constantly link to them as if they were gospel, and end up peddling false dates that people start swearing by and then get super mad that we haven’t heard anything yet.

It stopped being “just predictions” when you started using every possible excuse to link to your thread. Did someone mention the beta? Better link to the thread. Did someone throw a date around? Better link to the thread.

Yeah sure I get it, maybe you were just doing it for fun, but now people are starting to get mad that we don’t have the beta yet, even though ALL Blizzard ever, ever, EVER said is that the game would be out by Dec 31 2021. Your dates and expectations have gone around and become ingrained in the forum culture, and now people are starting to be mad that they might not be right.

And they’re blaming Blizzard for it, instead of you, which is super duper double unfair.

The D2 model was a 55 yr old with wrinkles that you couldnt see because of the graphics lmfao…

but eh, I guess the perception the Amazon was young in D2 was because of the Amazon port to Heroes of the Storm? Because if not, I have no clue which sprite ya’ll were looking at in the original D2.

ahh the zx spectrum, did you sit there watching the lines wondering if there was a pattern that would let you know when it was about to load the game? I did lol.

What I never understood was why it had to make that noise :slight_smile:

1 Like

and then having to make the decision of whether it had crashed but not wanting to reload. So you sit there for another 10 mins willing it to load the splash screen.

1 Like

I think it’s simply because she was young in original D2. The official cover arts and so on displays her as young.

https://i0.wp.com/d-rezzed.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/amazon-e1618349292535.jpg?fit=960%2C720&ssl=1

6 Likes