LoD Blessed Shield

SOLO GR 129 Non season EU:

It was just testing a new flail! ^^

P.S. 15:30 PM EU
And now 130 done!!! :))

3 Likes

Anelyn,
Your gem choice definitely holds water as far as i can tell. Gogak of swiftness and BOtT sim nearly the same for me on d3planner. On rift bosses it’s close to the same, swiftness maybe a touch higher over 4 minutes. On trash with 3 elites and 10 whites it outperforms over 4 minutes for total damage, not sure how to look at it for like 30 seconds. My guess is in burst BOTT outperforms, but maybe not by much. The side effect of dodge would be nice, but running hold your ground probably negates that. I’ll have to play around with it tonight for fun, if you get 15% dodge and could drop hold your ground it might be a good result.

Good job messing around with things and finding what works for you well, and could work well for other people. 15% cool down doesn’t suck either :):grin:

On the RG fight, you should take a step back before casting Condemn so it can actually hit RG with pull effect and proc Strongarm.

In your video at 13:09 you cast Condemn and a small sparkling cloud appeared on Saxtris’ head, that’s the indication of Strongarm debuff. After that you spent about a min fighting him without actually procing Strongarm.

Congrats, now you make me want to push 131. :grin:

1 Like

Does anyone else run holy instead of fire? Curious as to what people are clearing for a holy variant since i enjoy holy over fire. Ive finished a 115 so far.

HunterKiller, thanks for your advices and congrats! I didnt know about strongarms proc on that boss. Irony there is that now again that boss proc me at 130 ^^

GR 130 SOLO LoD BLESSED SHIELD

TL;DR: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/14058406753

Seems broken. Why would an elite (who is immune to knockbacks) be affected by something as minor as a slow? Also, why would you ever run BoP instead if you can just run BoT, there’s literally no trade off. BoT is just a 1000x better BoP. It doesn’t make any sense.

BoP: 35% damage to RG (assuming you have 1 stack) and negligible DR. 20% damage to everything (as long as you have 1 stack).

BoT: at Rank 67 it’s 35% damage to everything, no prereqs. At rank 100, it’s 45% damage.

I was under the impression the RG was not affected by the gem because that’s just broken and like I said, why would you use BoP unless you were running a build where you could use both gems.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#monster-resistances

There’s been a common complaint for a while that Trapped is a essentially a mandatory damage gem for most builds. But not every build has a reliable way to trigger Bane of the Trapped. i.e., Demon Hunters need Thrill of the Hunt or something else to apply the slow.

But yes, for the most part, with a few exceptions of course, you will almost always take Trapped.

1 Like

interestingly enough, gogok of swiftness sims to be more damage against a rift guardian than BOtT for me. I haven’t tried it in practice yet, some GR speed rift farming today and it works pretty well. I was actually able to drop Hold your ground skill and come out with about the same toughness with gogok at 15 stacks. I’ll be curious to see if I can push GR 119 or 120 with the change or if i’ll need to use BOtT to push 120. Gotta keep the pressure on the new #1 Thorns build Crusader as of today, Congrats to him, awesome 120 run!

I prefer the holy rune, personally. It’s shinier with all the bouncing shields. Unfortunately, it’s not feasible for pushing because of the lack of Holy damage support gear. And also because of the golden rule: if there’s a fire rune, pick it.

1 Like

Holy is good for lower level speed runs. Shields bounce further and you can clear more trash on the screen thanks to that.

Actually Holy ain’t that bad outside of ease of multipliers for Holy damage vs Fire (you can get holy on amulet and bracers and that’s about it, don’t think you can get holy dmg on rings). The shattered 3 pieces also benefit fully from all your dmg buffs / multipliers and they count as a normal BS thrown, also each bouncing 6 times, so your BS dmg increase counter will go and stay up insanely fast compared to fire with some mob density. It also melts elite packs that stay close (not like the ones who spread in all directions shooting etc), I can pretty much drop elite packs in 105 in like 5-6 seconds if there’s like 5+ mobs nearby. It makes it at times not even worth to move to triune / follower dmg ring because it will be a dps loss.

Also with Gogok and having perma uptime on both Laws of Valor critical and Provoke for extra 50% block (am peaking 79% cooldown reduction with fully stacked gogok) and iron skin, the dps increase and toughness / safety should overpass BotT IMHO (extra attack speed and 50% crit dmg on top of always having 100% block chance for BS dmg multipliers irrelevant of your CoE cycle).

Sure fire can most likely burst harder during CoE cycle, but I feel that Holy has better all time DPS and more flexibility.

PS: stonegauntlets sucks vs slow hitting RG’s like Butcher, you will never get more than 1 stack - which while it’s good, it won’t save you from getting KO outside of your iron skin / Akk Champ. When I did couple 115’s with a pug (was pretty much a Vyr’s 3k paragon wiz doing all the dmg) I swapped my stricken to Esoteric and BS physical for armor stacking, I was peaking 3.6B toughness and facetank in molten / beams / plague etc, also running ESO in cube for the pull so I can stack mobs on top of the archon, it was freaking epic!

You can get holy dmg on SoJ. You can also get it on Andy’s, but Leorics is too good. Hmm. Yea, I can see Shattering Shield not being horrible just not quite as good as Combustion for single target.

That might not be a bad idea, I will try to get an ancient SoJ with holy dmg on it and test it out, but not sure what to drop between CoE and Justice Lantern for it. I feel like CoE is the least relevant one since you only benefit from it every 12 seconds (As it rotates through 3 other elements before coming to your element, physical, lightning fire/holy) and you can’t always get the benefit of it from being forced to move etc. This actually could be pretty dope, as if memory serves SoJ also gives % dmg to elites, if I can get one with ChC / CD / AS on it and 20% holy - HOLY BATMAN or something ^^

I don’t like Andariel’s for LoD BS, you really need Leoric for the 25% CDR, as you want as much CDR as you can get without sacrificing chc / chd / as on rings to roll for it (and I’d rather have AS on gloves with chc/chd than CDR).

Yes, SoJ can give 20% holy and 30% to elites.

eDit: just noticing that in the op, I was using SoJ, CoE and Justice Lantern so I was wondering what ring you’re using that isn’t CoE or Justice Lantern.

It’s not RotZ because it requires a resource spending attack and there’s nothing that boosts BS damage. Oculus Ring might be a decent ring for trash, but horrible for the RG. Unity maybe? In case you’re a bit squishy.

I think if you had to choose between unity and CoE, I’d drop CoE also because you’re gonna be kiting at random times like you said.

When are you supposed to use the Akarat as LoD Blessed Shield? Vs elites or just activate it whenever it is ready.

Also, if I am using Trapped for LoD Blessed Crusader, how am I supposed to trigger its bonus consistently? So far, get close to the enemy is the only way I can think of, but that would leave ranged enemies out from Trapped effect when you throw shield afar.

I wouldn’t use Trapped with BS as there’s no way to proc it on RG, but as far as, it AC should have 100% up-time or you need to reevaluate your gear.

eDit: Can’t help you with a hidden profile. Who does that…

You can proc trapped on RG too if you are enough close to it; you can proc strongarm bracers bonus if you run Condemn - Vacuum, in a LoD BS, even if you don’t see RG “moving”, but actually bonus is applied (RGs are NOT juggernauts!)

Why do you keep claiming that you cant use trapped vs the RG?, it works, the aura made by the gem still works on it.

1 Like

I’ve now had to correct you 4x.

Bane of the Trapped works on RGs. Slow effects work on RGs. They just only have 65% of the effectiveness. But that doesn’t matter for Trapped because all you need is a slow applied.

Best way to use Trapped on enemies at distance is your follower using Thunderfury. The sword applies a slow to enemies hit. Otherwise, you just worry about the enemies in front of you and hope for the best.

Blessed Shield’s weakness is single target damage anyways. As long as you are fighting in density, everything dies fast.

Hey, i’ve been messing around on the planner trying to think of a RGK but i think according to reports of the mechanics of Akkhan’s leniency the stacks wouldn’t get high enough even with one with adds if the exploding doesn’t trigger procs, or if they are already hit maybe? (i think?)

edit: (deleted profile) was going to need large changes anyways if zodiac didn’t work. Now i have been looking at heavens fury… does shield of fury stack infinitely cause 2 attacks per second that’s some rgk damage right there too. Not sure of the cc immunity for blinds and the fury bracers though