LLama is Right Again - @Blizzard and VV

Llama on point again. This is what a lot of your most hardcore D2 fans think. Don’t screw it up by adding personal loot or charm inventories. These changes would have a high probability of demoralizing and angering your D2 base.

8 Likes

This was already posted.

Proper reaction to the Reddit Survey - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Oh… nevermind this is the D2 (2000) forum.

P.S. I have created a grand total of 8 threads in D2R general discussion forum. All are unique topics. Also, I have one post in each D2R class-specific forum.
Search Results - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Not here.

We’ve all seen your 1000 threads of lobbying for D 2 to become D3. Gross.

8 Likes

Agreed, but in the end, the feedback that matters isn’t the feedback of the most hardcore fans, because they’re a minority. Blizzard probably wants to cater to the majority (the casuals or the people who played the game a bit years ago and will buy this again for nostalgia), as they usually do, because it will attract more people to buy the game. They don’t care if they eventually all leave the game and only the few hardcore fans remain, because the game is a single purchase, and all that matters to The Big Money, is that a lot of people buy the game when it’s hyped. After that, whether the game dies or not is of no concern to them.

6 Likes

Meh, one streamers opinion. And “hardcore fans”, that ridiculously misnamed group, aren’t the primary sales objective for D2R, as OShogun has pointed out, Blizzard will very much want more sales than just that cohort of players who, against all evidence, believe D2/LOD to be perfect.

10 Likes

I don’t think Llama’s wrong though. I just think Blizzard is unlikely to care.

Well, we half agree then - hehe.

I can respect someones opinion about leaving D2R as a pure graphics overhaul of D2/LOD only, even though that boat has already sailed with the addition of things like a shared stash and auto gold pickup.

I’ll never agree with it though, and I am hoping that Blizzard/VV wants a broader audience than the so-called hardcore fans - a term I dislike, since I also consider myself a pretty hardcore fan, I’ve been playing D2 for twenty years now! I just recognise the games flaws is all and want D2R to fix them.

8 Likes

Your not preaching that tho. Your dead set on personal loot. Fixing bugs is one thing. Changing the loot is awhole different story.

That’s where we think different. I’m a strong believer in game preservation as the preservation of the history of a piece of media - including preserving the flaws and limitations. I like remasters that are a snapshot of gaming history, with a little visual restoration and optimization to run well and look good in modern systems. There are many remasters like that (such as Stronghold Crusader HD) and I really like them. I know it’s not the only way to remaster a game, it’s just my personal preference.

By the way, I don’t think the inventory size in D2 is a limitation. It’s by design.

the main audience are the MOST people
and these polls show that apparently not just “hardcore fans who think D2 is already perfect” are interested in and in buying this game
so why wouldnt you try to please the MAJORITY of people who are voting on such polls?
do you think people are just voting for the trolls and wont even buy the game?

3 Likes

IMO, making a good game comes first. Making compromises to please everyone never goes well, because it’s impossible to please everyone.

Through all the basic game design principles, increasing space inventory in D2 makes the game easier, for a series of reasons that any vet will be able to point out. It makes sense in mods, because those mods also tweak the endgame difficulty making it significantly harder and requiring stronger characters, but if you only make a change that makes the game easier and preserve the rest of the game as it is, you are just objectively crippling your game design. Charm inventory does not belong in vanilla D2.

one of the biggest gripes that many players have with the game is grabber bullcrap…

and “fixing bugs”
if we start there, there is so much that should be done in terms of balancing etc…
and at times it is simple edits of f.e. monstats.txt (see lightning immune resistances, raise them over 130% like most FI and CI monsters have, for example)

2 Likes

because those people that reply to such posts are not neccessarily your intended audience or customers etc.

these polls are users of a website that not everybody uses
that not everybody who buys the game uses
or streamers talking, my reply: who the feth is that, why should I care?

1 Like

Dont play with those people, thats such an easy play around.

yeah do not play with people, who like you, want to improve or get good stuff etc …
yawn…
you thought that through before hitting reply?

1 Like

With all people? Wow dude got a rock for a head?

1 Like

the game becomes objectively better with getting rid of gameplay like cluttering your inventory with power or having loot ninjas rob your items
D2 hardcores dont want the game to be better
just the same
they actively dont want the game to become better for the sake of not changing

4 Likes

Thats only your opinion. This is the problem here. Everyone wants what they want. Thankfully this is remaster and the developers seem to see the right path, thats all that matters.

and thankfully there are polls showing what most pepole who are planing to buy the game are thinking^^

3 Likes

Blizzard is doing their own survey about D2R. I do not know how closely the results of the reddit poll will match Blizzard’s. I strongly suspect that there will be difference in absolute percentages, but the trends will remain the same.

I bet for Blizzard’s survey:

1-3. >75% are moderately to extremely interested

5-6. > 60% are moderately to extremely interested

4 and 7. Majority are moderately to extremely interested. For 7 it might be less because of the question reads at D2R launch. Some might want eventually or worry that implementation could be potentially delay launch so it will make people select “not at all” or “slightly interested”

Also, I should note that 4 and 7 will likely have the highest percentage of respondents who select “Not interested at all”, since these 2 are the most divisive questions.

1 Like