List of Major Problems on PTR so far

After watching some streamers on PTR, it seems that the Kill Streak mechanic has multiple impacts on the player base.

This mechanic alone incentivizes casual players to move through a map like a streamer would. High efficiency killing, all decisions made with speed in mind. This one mechanic will do more to converge the player base more than anything I’ve seen.

Is this a good thing? Probably. Those that play every day will be rewarded, and the casual pick ups will still be thrilling.

6 Likes

You can face-roll 115GR with a poorly-geared WW/Rend build. It is overpowered.

2 Likes

Why should lvl 150 gems only come from group meta? What’s wrong with solo builds closing the gap on groups? WW/Rend is fine.

6 Likes

I cannot repeat this often enough:

WW/Rend IS NOT, and again, IS NOT a gear heavy build. Compare it with MS DH if you want to.

Sader has a 138 clear
DH -139
Necro - 142
WD - 140
Wizard - 144

Why can’t barbs be at 140-141? This is literally what a balanced barb looks like. You guys are all too used to a weak barb that balance feels overpowered.

Barbs are fine. Tired of see people think barb is op because they can clear some low gr. Negator, as soon as you put the vyrs/chant build together you could do 125.

17 Likes

I disagree with just about everything on OP’s post. Idk if someone could do that cow thing seeing as there’s only 5 seconds and when you teleported back into the gr, the mobs would have to be right next to you.

Even if was possible, just make it so you lose your kill streak when you teleport to town.

2 Likes

Ironically, I did, and I couldn’t! The play style was so foreign to me, and death so heavily punished.

The problem with WW is that every competent barb will be 130+. It isnt about the highest clear, but the average. This is what made Impale so good: it brought the threshold for making the Ladder for DH up to 115/117.

2 Likes

Few bugs/feedback for the aegis set:
-FoTH from 2 pieces dont have bolts.
-Fissure arcs doesnt feel to be buffed by the set.
-Fissure is the preferred rune and the others should be buffed.
-resource cost is too high. Should be imbedded in the set or lowered
-Defence is to low and for instance Aquila cant be used for above resource cost
-Damage isnt there should buff the additional items of add an shield with additional stacking damage like jekangboard.
-like other said: add heavens fury and let it interact somehow

1 Like

This sounds like fun! ^^

2 Likes

Any build is gonna faceroll 115 in s19 with the buffs. Facerolling 115 in NS on WW is not as relaxed vs the pre nerfed chantodos.

At 8k paragon, i can face roll 115 on Zuni DoD with all normal gears except ancient weapons (maybe not even ancient weapons). Does this mean Zuni is OP and needs nerfing?

Face roll 115 on poorly geared WW Rend w/o disclosing whether its NS/ Season/ paragon / gem levels is not very informative.

At end of day, what is the big deal if barbs gets an OP build? WW is classic in D2, classic in D3 vanila, classic when ROS first came out. D3 has no connection with D2 except for the class Barbarian. After 4 years of zero dps, why does it matter if barbs gets some new toys? Blizzard owe barb community righteous builds. All other classes, especially wizard can shut up. How many 150s can you clear w/o the barb?

As others said, barb has yet to clear 140. Its been emphasized enough the s19, kill streaks allows ALL builds to out perform its NS counterparts. The season theme literally gave you damage buffs as if you are 1 million paragon.

Its not a fair analysis on build power based on season buff. Fair analysis can only be achieved with similar gear, gem level, paragon, player experience and GR w/o the interference of seasonal buffs.

Nerf WW/Rend due to broken kill streak bonus is using it as scapegoat cover ups.

There’s enough evidence that concludes WW/Rend does not need a nerf. Any demands on it is highly suspicious of conspiracy acts for reasons other than fair/balanced gameplays. After all, no one is punished for online forum trollings.

11 Likes

Is this because of angels? Cause I can tell you 1 thing for sure, if they remain as they are both my LoD BS (HOLY!) and LoD meteor shower will get to 140 next season and neither got any buffs (nor will they get from this patch). And this with under 2k paragon. So something that almost everyone with a decent trash clear build can do if they have enough toughness to not chain die while clearing.

1 Like

could you add that still all monk builds need unity to get enough survivability although not dealing enough dmg. one exception: inna wol is bot able to use unity. we need to get rid of this restriction if we wanna play group without being forced to play healer or <110

1 Like
  1. Buff heavily monks.
6 Likes

I strongly disagree. A build that has:

-Low gearing requirements
-A high floor for low-paragon and low-skill players
-Upwards mobility for those good at pulling and fishing

Is too powerful. I have played something like 1,050 hours of Barb, with my total amount being around 2,500 hours. Barb is my #1 played character. But this build is not something that reflects the class well.

2 Likes

Didn’t you just describe how Vyr Chantodo was pre-nerf?

6 Likes

All pets do not trigger kill streak for season theme. This is especially troublesome for WD and Necro, but all classes seem to be affected.

Different build and skils are going to have large variance in margins between floor and celing. Barb isn’t unique in that regard. Most players care about how they balance at the high end and not the low end.

That’s exactly what you need for more casual communities. This build is perfect for 120-130 ish non meta speeds or solo 110-115 speeds. With Vyrs nerfed, the com needs something for NON META runs. You have kill streak in seasons, what about NS? Season players are players and deserves balances, NS are not players? And dont deserve something? At 8k, i dont care if things gets nerfed. I have enough paragon to perform high with nerfed builds, but not for more casual communities. They already stripped of vyr speeds, Rend speed is something for them.

You need to consider a broader picture when requesting nerf/buffs. The build is outperforming than expectations due to season buffs. Its also outperforming because EVERYONE is eager to try it. IK HoTA is projected to be 138-140 clr on NS too with 6k paragon. But no one is testing it as nothing needs to BE tested.

About high rank pushings. While this build is demonstrated 140+ its not going to surpass wiz of 145+ The toughness (EHP-effective HP) simply not there. Even at 10k paragon, you can see ze dark’s HP wobbles through out the rift. You might not recognize the mob types. Zombie grotesque has the lowest damage, one of dream push rift combos. The highest danger is grotesque explosions, which experienced players at that tier of pushing, can dodge like 2nd nature. Up to a certain tier, illusionist enslave nightmare fishings will determine world rankings. WW REnd simply either lacks toughness or if going BoM version, lacks damage at highest tier fishings.

I am explaining this because i believe you are genuine. Remember, once things gets nerfed, it rarely gets buffed back. Barbs waited 4 years to be buffed

If Rend gets nerfed, season kill streak needs to be nerfed heavily to a tier thats neglectable. Its unfair Rend treated like scapegoats for the bugged kill streaks.

6 Likes

I agree; the problem here is that this one doesn’t, it seems.

Maybe this is the approach blizzard wanna go about it. Until all classes / sets / legendaries get buffs / reworks to be on par (at least in respectable margins), let’s add season buff that allows anyone to clear a lot higher as long as you’re smart about managing your stacks (how high to stack, when to drop and and when to keep).

In this picture obv builds that won’t vaporize when someone sneezes in their direction (aka good toughness), good mobility and decent AoE dmg to wear down fast enough groups of mobs to proc the kill streak in quick succession to clear the whole screen will shine.