List of Major Problems on PTR so far

Is it your signature ? :smiley:

1 Like

Ohh here come the excuses. He did the 140, why not 141 or 142 or 143? Why not a faster 140?

I’m identifying the people I’m talking to.

1 Like

Ok let me identify you as a moron.

Got me there. Change the subject some more. Deflect some more. I’m done. Troll on the forums some more about how barb is balanced and you don’t want him as strong as your precious wiz or necro.

You show statistics of what just happened only in your mind …:wink:

I think that the discussion is best without all the rhetoric.

Lets see what facts we can agree on:

1. The PTR seasonal leaderboard is not an accurate way to assess relative power due to the number of players that are participating that are playing each class. It makes sense that barbs will be higher, because they also have more players.

2. The non-season leaderboard represents fairer comparisons.

3. There are less barb players pushing the PTR non-season leaderboard versus the combined era leaderboards of America/EU/Asia.

4. Darkpatator cleared 140 on the PTR non-season. He has discussed the power of the rend build. He estimates the power of this build is 144-146. This makes sense in consideration that according to him one of his skills had the wrong rune, he had a suboptimal amulet (used Hellfire but FoT is better), etc…

5. The current top clears in non-season for America/EU/Asia combined are

Barb 133
Crusader 138
Demon Hunter 139
Monk 134
Necromancer 142 (being nerfed)
Witch Doctor 140
Wizard 144 (being nerfed)
PTR Barb -140 done (144-146 estimated)

My point is, you can’t go off an estimation. Estimations mean nothing. I estimate bazooka wiz will be doing 150 in S19. Now it must be nerfed, because I estimate something.

You have to go with what is actually happened, which is 140. Patater can estimate all he wants, but if he thinks the build can do 146, then other people would be blowing bast 140. Every GR higher you have to be doing like double the damage.
Below 140 is 138 at 9k paragon.

The truth, is that what’s actually happening and what people are estimating are two very different things. If a build can do 146, then all these other people at 9k+ paragon should be speeding through the 130’s, but they aren’t. Why is that? Because no matter what you estimate, the build just isn’t that strong.

Even people at 9k paragon couldn’t do a 139, let alone anything in the 140s. Patater isn’t the only high paragon player that pushed. Other people pushed with the right amulet and the right rune but didn’t even come close to 140 let alone 146.

I can’t type it out anymore plainly than that. If you can’t read and comprehend the difference between estimation and reality, than there’s no point in saying anything.

6 Likes

I trust the estimate of darkpatator who is one of the top players in the world when he gives an estimate who was able to clear a 140 within 24 hours on the PTR becoming available.

I realize that he might be off by 1 grift on either side. As such, it could be 143-147. When I cross-referenced the top 40 barbs in the America/EU/Asia era only a handful had top 40 clears on the PTR. This observation suggests that >85% of top barbs have not pushed the PTR leaderboard.

Let me ask a different question if you do not believe darkpatators estimate: Has there ever been a case where the top live era clear did not exceed the top PTR non-seasonal clear by at least 3 grifts? (assuming of course the PTR buff went live as is)

I think many of us, including myself, are ok with barb being #1. We just do not want ibarbs to be heads and shoulders above the rest. Even if barbs have their buff reduced by the equivalent of 2 grifts, I still will play them next season.

I would disagree with the sentiment that “estimations mean nothing” when they are being made with someone with expertise in the matter.

Within 24hrs means nothing. You just copy your non seasonal info over to PTR and he’s had that account for years. Like I said, if 146 was possibly, other people would at the very least be at 142, but they aren’t.

For the last time. Estimations mean nothing.

Just because he’s a high level player doesn’t mean he isn’t biased.

Didn’t mean to respond to you, Micro.

Just a bunch of trolls in the forums lately. Hopefully Blizz knows to ignore you all as well.

3 Likes

you can’t just simply nerf a class because of 1 person and 1 clear…blizz did that mistake with ww in the past which was the reason we had underperforming ww for so long
and even if he said he could go higher than 140, i doubt it would be more than 1-2 if all because the rift he had was amazing and someone having much plvl (legal or not…) doesn’t make him right by default
the diffenrence between 140 and 146 is huge and he had not only a great rift but also defence problems and the improvements in gear and even skill/runechanges alone won’t be enough on that lvl even if he get another “perfect rift”
i would be interested if there is a wiz player with 10k+ paragon because starpact is at least as strong as new ww but i doubt there is an insentive to push with that on ptr

5 Likes

i agree, they should definitely be useful.

there’s a few issues overall i have with the kill streak stuff.

we are incentivized to keep stacks. any lag or random distance between mobs, or changing floors even, will make us lose stacks. this kind of gameplay isnt always optimal for certain builds, but being an extra, that’s not too big of a deal.

the thing that kills me about the fact that they put this in, is that they track our stacks that come from hits on a buff icon, but the kill streak mechanic is ONLY in adventure mode, NOT rifts or GR, even though the bonuses apply still. so, there is NO WAY to know how many kills you are at while inside any rifts.

i never understood why the killstreak counter was removed for rifts and GR. i would like to see the counter with xp bonus added in, though that would add real incentive to keep streaks. granted, it does exist in bounty mode, and is normally used in early leveling anyway.

on the WW barb, i broke rift 100 with no real issues with barely leveled gems, no augments, though i did have ancient weapons with gifts and all decent roll ancient armor. i’m not so sure it needs a nerf, but maybe, barely. i very much enjoyed the new slam with earth set, that will probably be my go-to, haven’t tested IK hammer.

on the new monk set, i didn’t even see the sweeping wind grow in size like the 6pc says, and the more i read the 6pc bonus, the more confused i got. do i need to hit with tempest 30 times in a short time? or SW? how short of a time? why 30 hits? why is the bonus damage only for SW, and why is there no damage reduction at all?

crusader set has the same issue as monk: why are we only buffing a single skill? there are only two items that go with the skill that is buffed as well, and it seems to me that the damage reduction could be acquired better for the set. i agree this set is pretty lackluster.

there’s another larger issue i’ve had since this thread is compiling issues, i’ll come back when i remember what it was lol. something more about the game overall idk.

If WW Rend gets nerfed than I won’t be playing a barb at all…

In patch 2.6.6 we got crimson redesigned and squirt which made UE Multishot DH a lot better, so why is so hard to be happy for barb for a change and work together on making other classes underperfoming sets or legendaries stronger instead of asking for nerfs…

Make life easier for each other, don’t act like kids who got their favourite toy taken away from you or can’t stand the fact that a class that you don’t play can clear up to 140-144 with ridiculous high paragon and almost BiS items in all slots…

2 Likes

crying over barb being to strong in 2019 :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Great post, everything he mentioned should be considered.

Edit: leave barb though. Glad they getting some love

NEVER PLAYED IT STILL WAITING WITH 30 OTHERS TO PLAY LIVE AGAIN…TORTURE. nev pls get us a update…we need maintenance on the diablo server before me an these 30+ people miss out on season 18 not just PTR HERE Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader - #40 by SkaTurtle-1978

Hey all,

The PTR was a great opportunity for us to test balance changes, measure server stability, and gauge overall fun of the Season. Everyone who participated has provided epic feedback and we appreciate it. We’re analyzing all your thoughts and making changes for the upcoming patch.

Thank you for continuing to post your feedback and especially keeping it respectful.

30 Likes

Matthew Cederquist! – A Classic Games Produce in the D3 forum with a D2 LoD Avatar! I can’t wait until Friday!

4 Likes

*Eats dev*

:grin:

1 Like

Most fun I’ve had on a WW Barb in years.
Please let it continue into live that way.

13 Likes

Well honey it’s been a LOOOOOOOOONG time since I’ve had proper fun with a Barb.

Barbarian, not Barbara.

So how about you give us a tiny early Xmas present and LEAVE HIM THE BURNING HELLS ALONE!!!

8 Likes