Legendary Gem Revision... 2.6.7?

How about:
Enrage your minions for 10 seconds when you encounter an elite pack.

This one here is nice! It finally makes it useful.

I would make it so that the secondary effect increases the chill effect and that frost skills also have a chance to freeze enemies.

Nice stuff Kiwen. Would like a Item or Gem that increases the damage of all Item Procs by xxx% damage.

1. Your item procs deal 50% more damage. 10% more damage per rank up.
  2. 25% chance to proc all your accumulated proc % damage on gear on a single enemy.

We have Frostburns to turn the chilled in to Frozen, so this is actually just to enhances the window at which bonuses are active. Also to not force in hard CC, on builds that might not desire such effect. Again most cold builds don’t really need the harder slow, they just need more opportunity to control more of the battlefield despite the cc-resistance mechanics.

Another idea was to reduce monsters cc-resist.

I tried to hit the same concept and power as Estoric, but knowing that physical is a very Common element from monsters. Yet strong enough to be an option versus a damage gem.

1 Like

These are hard, as the damage multipliers are so different depending on class and playstyle options. Yet you don’t want them to take over for your actual skills.

Since most damage procs occur as a consequence of a hit, so find it much more interesting to turn the damage of these effects to be based on the damage that hit did. This also makes Them easier to balance and prevents it from being way overpowered, nor underpowered.

This however requires a full rebalancing and change of all the existing proc effects.

1 Like

Hey,

i am thinking for a while about the Moratorium gem. I tried it out with R6 Gen Monk.

My experence is that 35% “dmgreduction” is to less to be worth anything. I leveled the gem around lvl 50 that equals 8 seconds staggered dmg. The problem is that this gem procs its lvl 25 ability too less. That leads to a problem with the riftguardian: You will die after you kill the guardian to the overlapping staggered dmg (nobody uses lifereg today). Even in Greatrifts the staggered dmg of the gem is still applied as far as i remeber.

My conclusion is:

35% (maybe 50% or even up to 75%) of all damage taken is instead staggered and dealt to the character over 3 (+0,1 seconds per rank) seconds.

20% chance on kill to clear all staggered damage (Requires Rank 25)

or maybe like this
20% chance on kill or 100% chance on elitekill to clear all staggered damage (Requires Rank 25)

a third idea would be
X % chance on kill hit or 100% chance on elitekill to clear all staggered damage (Requires Rank 25)

1 Like

Well I proposed this change:

Moratorium 35% of a damage taken is instead staggered and dealt over 5 seconds with 15% chance of each hit to clear all staggered damage. +0.4% chance to clear per rank.
2nd All staggered damage is dealt as damage in a 15 yard radius around you.

For the same kind of reason, but notably because:
1 - increased duration is a bad thing.
2 - the chance to clear damage is the really useful part here.
3 - to create an interesting alternative playstyle that works in tandem with Thorns if you want to.

35% DR is pretty good, but I agree that it isn’t enough as Esoteric Alteration offers 60% from non-phys and 75% bonus on top. But you really don’t want to be continuously taking damage. Either after Guardian kill or if you run in to empty areas with low or no density.

The clear on Elite kill is good idea, but I don’t think many will go for a straight up DR gem. And if you go for the Elite Kill and 75% DR then it’s a pretty massive, as that is x4 on toughness. You are just screwed for leveling up that gem if it doesn’t clear on Guardian kill, you can’t heal outside regen or port to town or upgrade gems as long as it ticks.

1 Like

I got he point why the time should be fix at for example 5 seconds and i agree with you there. I still think that 35% is not enough. The damage is not ignored completly this way. I dont see this gem as staight dmg reduction it is more like a dmg spike medigation with a chance to clear the dmg. (greatings to Vesalius)

i think you are right the only way you benefit somehow on leveling that game would be adding chance to clear. i wonder if it is a good idea to move the clear on kill to clear on hit. that way the gem would not get worse if you push higher (straightup longer time to kill).

I think the secondary is a nice idea. they need to place a factor behind it (damagescaling/healthscaling/riftlevel or tornmentlevel) otherwise this gem would be freaking op in lowlevel :smiley: But i dont think someone would do something for the game on this state. but it is a nice theorycrafting :slight_smile: (maybe next game)

Anyway i think the dmg clear after killing the guardian should be standard for all dots in opinion. Otherwise it is only frustrating.

I personaly would like to delete/rework bane of the trapped. It is just a filled slot that nearly every build needs without changing anything. you cant tell me the slow is important :smiley: The idea below sounds nice to me.

1 Like

True, that was an error from my part. If on hit it should be much lower.

But yea, either it has to up to around 60% DR, or you need around 35% DR with a damage boost. Depends on really what type of setup/build you want it to cater to. I thought it would be cool to have some sort of build that could be really tanky and still do damage, where it would work sort of like thorns but on a different scale to expand on it.

They have said they are going to revise existing builds and balance them to the GR140 goal @ 5000 paragon after the new sets. It’s not impossible to change up a few gems to get there.

I don’t think BotT is overpowered, it’s just simple and works on itself, making it so very easy to utilize. But then again the other gems are really just terrible mostly.

1 Like