Leak diablo 4 FPS SHOOTER

Sounds legit since its ex employee. Make it real pls, kill the franchise 100%

5 Likes

Could be a disgruntled ex-employee spreading rumors, so I wouldn’t necessarily put much stock in this. Also, we’ve had this “leak” brought up before - the whole thing about Diablo FPS game, Diablo being a good guy, Diabael Primus (whoever the hell came up with that name?) being the final boss and all that…
That said, if just a fraction of what’s written there is legit, that’s the nail in the coffin of the Diablo franchise. And yes, the little note about how the higher-ups have nothing but distaste for actual gamers, that does sound about right I guess…

I can’t embed gifs so I’ll just leave that here

~https://i.imgur.com/g3Lb8xD.gif

but I’m gonna save that leak to compare it with the real thing down the line. Did the same thing with Mass Effect Andromeda’s PAX Prime private panel, and it was pretty identical, aside from all the cut content, and…the game being abandoned just a few months after release.

My take on all these “rumors”
These folks were making 70,000 to 120,000 a year and they signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Are they going to risk getting successfully sued for everything they own and never work again in the industry? I think not, they may remain a ticked off ex-employee but they are not stupid people.

1 Like

The tooth fairy is real.

Sounds legit guys.

9 Likes

You are gullible beyond belief, sir.

… Can I sell you a bridge?

3 Likes

this is old news. has already been discussed quite a while ago…

1 Like

Yeah, this circulated back in June when it was first posted. People scoffed at it then, and for good reason. Much of it is already proven wrong and other parts are intentionally misleading.

Chances are really high the “leaks”, especially about the games, are made up.

The NDA they sign is pretty insane and Blizzard has the money and the willpower to sue the pants off anyone who leaked actual info, especially with the intention of harming the company.

“anyone who hasnt worked there for at least 15 years got a none negotiable pay cut or the choice to walk”

Example of something outright false. They took the end of year pay bonus everyone got and put it in the salary so it gets paid out over the year. Helps with taxes actually so staff pay less income taxes on it.

Chris metzen came in for the first time in a long time, he had major surgery on his back or something of the like and that’s why Thrall disappeared for legion, and he left the office looking 5 years older and just depressed

This kind of thing makes me feel it was not an employee saying things. Nobody who even remotely knows Chris would put this kind of nonsense out there.

1. He retired from Blizzard for personal reasons (and medical). That was before BfA. He does not work for Blizzard. He DID have surgery, but it was his neck. None of that is secret. It was in an interview he did with Scott Johnson after he left Blizz and in his public Twitter! The supposed employee does not even seem to know the public details, much less anything private.

This whole thing is a bunch of cobbled together rumors and bad twists on actual news to make it seem sinister.

7 Likes

Pay the same taxes at the end of the day, just whether withhold up front in small portions, or at the end in a large amount. So theoretically, they are getting a portion of money now, that is being taxed. The tax return will work out the same either way.

Income is Income after all.

2 Likes

I bet people this time last year never would’ve thought in their wildest nightmares that Blizzard would announce a mobile-exclusive Diablo game as their main event at their own mainly PC-populated convention.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Income from Lottery is taxed differently from income from regular work.

I’m not a “tax expert”. But i believe incone from a bonus is taxed differently from regular pay check. Additionally, I’m pretty sure that the % you pay is non-linear and is based on the size of your pay. (The phrase “tax bracket” comes to mind)

1 Like

Lump sum payments are treated differently than distributed earnings.
Before you speak, research what your subject matter is.
I was given that same advice 50 years ago and listened (mostly - Ha!)

2 Likes

Real or not, I would love to play a FPS Diablo lol

Imagine channeling Disintegrate in FP perspective. That would be pretty amazing. If you like Overwatch you’d like this concept.

Not sure how they would make Whirlwind work :rofl:

Whirlwind press W,A,S,D really really fast :rofl:

How about just press W twice?

Why the hell would they make diablo a fps? That does not sound like any company would do with a succesful arpg genre. It has fake news written all over it.

1 Like

Hahahaha really? you believe that?

Yes I do. Cost of living in CA is kinda high and this is not a minimum wage industry.
From 1990 on I was making 90K a year in central CA. I was just a lowly engineer. Well ok I was a senior engineer, so what. It pays pretty well to be a software guru. Which I’m not, but the company I worked for was paying a pretty good head hunting fee for getting a software engineer hired.

But you “owe” the same amount of taxes regardless, so what it does is lesson your tax owed or increase your refund at the end of the year.

At the end of the year, you have a total amount of AGI. Then you cross reference your AGI to a tax table, and then you apply a tax to that AGI. You then deduct any withholdings from that tax amount to either end up getting a refund or owing.

Obviously there are credits along the way, both above and below the line. But income is income in the end.

Actually, you should understand my reference. The tax income amounts are different week to week. So yes, if you got 10k one week you would have more withheld that week.

However, at the end of the year, all your income is added up, and compared to an annual tax bracket, to adjust whether you had more or less withholdings.

So no, it is not “more tax” it is simply when you had a withholding, but the return math to get your AGI is the same, and the overall tax impact whether up front or in small amounts will result in the same total tax owed on your return before credits and withholdings are considered.

It seriously winds up being the same effect in the end no matter which way it happens, it just makes it easier on the individual to swallow if in small chunks rather than one massive chunk.