Leak diablo 4 FPS SHOOTER

my finger’s must hurt if im going to whirlwind lol

Demonmonger, I guess what I’m trying say is that a lump sum distribution is taxed (federal) at 39.4 percent withholding regardless of your AGI. At the end of the program I was on it was a 75K bonus for hanging in to the bitter end but it was taxed at 39.4%. We knew it but still it was annoying to see the bonus check tax withheld anyway. I did not get that back at tax time either. If that 75K was paid in my regular salary (biweekly) I would have paid less tax that year because the tax rate would have been the normal 28% (I think that was my bracket but I could be wrong)
But heck that was a long time ago!

1 Like

All income is NOT taxed equally.

If you disagree, i can give you the number to an IRS Agent that will accept your tax payments in Gift Cards.

1 Like

Bovie,

Those are withholdings, not tax. That is my point. If I make 100k at the end of the year. I will owe the same tax whether there was a 6000 lump sum bonus in that 100k or if there was 12 installments of 500. That is why people that claim 0 on their paychecks who get a lump sum often times claim a deduction on the bonus of $6000 as people that claim 0 deductions have more withholdings to strike against income at the end of the year.

What will change is how much was withheld. Often times at the 500 dollar installment level, there is not enough withheld, then you wind up owing money at the end of the year. That is why I mentioned calculating AGI and the tax impact.

It would seem some people think withholdings and the amount you are taxed are one in the same. If so, there would be no reason for me to do your tax return at the end of the year :slight_smile:

So in the end, you are correct in that yes, the amount withheld varies differently based on the amount earned. But I am right in that you will owe the same amount of tax on that money regardless of how it comes once you prepare your tax return. It is just a game of withholdings.

Read my comment above, you and Bovie seem to think withholdings and tax are the same.

Obviously if you were right on the cusp of a higher tax bracket, you could owe more in taxes, however whether you get a $6,000 lump sum or $500 installments, it does not matter. Your AGI and tax bracket for your tax owed will be the same. Your withholdings are the only variable in this instance.

1 Like

This is not a new leak. It was already leaked to us earlier. And by the sheer description of what the D4 supposedly will be I honestly think this is bullocks.

Blizzard won’t make an FPS game out of the franchise which was on the market as an ARPG genre for more than 20 years.

Making FPS out of Diablo is too much of the risk at this point taking into consideration the recent backlashes and the situation in Acti/Blizz in general.

BUT IF, JUST IF, they decide to make that, then they clearly have lost all vision and understanding of this franchise. This will probably turn out to be the last nail in the coffin, which even Activision wouldn’t want for sure…

So still, I’d say NO, this supposed leak is Bullocks. Some employee who got fired or left was pssed and decided to raise speculation and to pss others off too. It just sounds way too unreal. World of Diablo in Overwatch style on Overwatch engine? Pfft.

I guess an FPS version is possible, but I’m not believing any rumors.

That would be forward, forward. More for Furious charge i presume.

Well, it was meant to be a joke WW=Whirl Wind.
Fairly lame joke but a joke.