Leader Boards and Botting?

It never used to worry me where I ended on the Leaderboards, I used to just try and better myself.

This season I managed to get the highest for me on the Barb leaderboard, It has taken me a grand total of 150 hours on Barb, and 72 on my WD. 222 hours which equates to 31 days.

However, not naming names, but one of the top three in the DH leaderboard has 20K Rifts, and a total of 1370 hours playing the game, that is 57 days.

The season started 13th March, 67 days. Ten days away from the pc including eating and sleeping in 67 days.

Just an opinion.

6 Likes

Yup. Either they’re botting or account sharing - both of which are against ToS.

I pity anyone that actually cares about D3 leaderboards.

7 Likes

:rofl: @ anyone who takes leaderboards seriously.

Just yikes.

6 Likes

Been trying to get a ban wave for 4-6 seasons its just fallen on deaf ears. !!

Just hope d4 isn’t as infested with cheaters in they don’t let them take over like they have in d3 its a joke…

8 Likes

It’s Bots gone Wild for the Diablo franchise.

5 Likes

Yeah probably has to do with you blatantly advertising the bot by name :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Y’all think PC is bad, check console. One necro has GR 150 in the bag in less than 2 minutes with 20% cooldown on his weapon with a gem of ease. Hacked items is way worse than any botting ever will be and we will never be rid of botters as long as someone has the will to bot.

1 Like

Just let the botters bot and the no-lifers no-life. It’s not like anything’s at stake, right?

1 Like

Never have named the bots by name never needed to common sense shows the crime scene is littered on the leader boards Troll … !!

2 Likes

lol im surprise no one use the covid excuse yet

Really so this is you not naming the bot by name is it

So who is the troll

If you’re trying to play dumb, well you’re clearly not equipped to even pull that off.

And another problem is there is constant ban wave messages and people claiming a ban hasn’t happened in months, and to top it off one of the people asking for a ban wave tells everyone the name of the bot
All that tells people is Blizzard apparently doesn’t do bans so people won’t get caught and the bot complainers give out the name of the bot making it real easy to go find and use and making the cheating worse

You do know the forums have a search function, right…
Exhibit A
Exhibit B

play hardcore. it s fun.

Yea I named the program not the botters by name which is what I thought you meant in so what that’s basic knowledge by now…

1 Like

Hi,

You might remember me as the guy that wrote a post showing how 8 people could play a 4 man team 24 hours a day fully within the ToS.

It cause a discussion that lasted several months. I never commented during that discussion and I have pretty much been to afraid to bring it up again until now.

It is POSSIBLE to gain 6k para in a season by running speed 120s. It is POSSIBLE to play 18 hours a day for 60 days in a row. Because it is POSSIBLE to do it legitimately there is a real problem with condemning this as bot behavior.

I think that a parent can share an account with a minor child. To have 8 people play a 4 man team 24 hours a day that would be incredibly unlikely. How many parents would want their minor child to play every waking minute when they are not playing? This parent-child would also never go out together for any reason. I do not know how long this could be maintained nor finding 4 such cases that would play as a 4 man team.

I would argue that the odds of being able to do such a thing longterm is zero. The simplest solution is usually true (botting).

3 Likes

This. QFT x 10000000

I don’t disagree with you.