Launch Day: Single Play or Bnet?

ima just run single for a couple days… help keep traffic off the servers which are gonna be super busy you already know, plus no ladder anyways good time to really practice what build ima play for first ladder… mf sorc is always the go to but ive done that for years might switch it up

Bnet, Non Ladder. I wont be switching to Ladder after its launched, either.

Do you think that the 10x10 stash in plugy with full items will be automatically added to the new increased 10x10 stash in resurrected?

i will only play on bnet, like i always have. however, in d2r, i most likely won’t be participating in ladders like i have done for over a decade in vanilla b/c there simply is no reason too now. all the benefits for ladder are now in non-ladder so why even bother? unless there is some sort of other benefit added, ladder is a no go for me.

I’ll import all my D2 sp toons that I’ve had for as much as 21 years for D2R

I really like the competition for items and prestige/levels on ladder and the fresh start. I play SP for progression. But that’s just me.

Hardcore Day 1 with a buddy of mine until sunday and many lost characters. LUL

Haha fair play. I’m tempted to give HC a go. In all these years I’ve been too much of a scaredy cat to give it a proper go. Which class/es do you play? I would probably go for my ol’ reliable (the soso)

Pala / druid is currently the plan.

Cool. How is the druid’s survivability compared to other classes? I don’t really main it.

No clue. I havn’t looked into druid as much.

I’ve been saving content like this until I got bored of other aspects of the game, and it just hasn’t got to that point yet. Still moving through other areas veeerrrrrryyy slowly.

You have no choice lol. There is no Ladder release day.

1 Like

I want to get a foothold in hardcore D2 and then start playing other classes as well. It will definitly be a lot of fun and frustrating at the same time. :smiley:

Yeah I bet the meta is so different. Survivability over speed and damage.

I know, not aimed at me but decided HC I’ll jump in.

The 3 classes on plan to play on HC first are:
Necromancer (main)
Lightning Javazon (1st alt)
Town Dump Werebear (2nd alt)

After that it’ll be whatever I feel like playing/get items for =)

I can only speak for shapeshifting:
Werebear is quite durable (look up Town Dump Werebear) but is SLOW until the 40s if memory serves… been awhile since I played Werebear in D2:LoD. Werewolf is VERY good once geared fully (which includes some weapon swap items) but without being fully geared is not good for HC.

maybe i will play 1 season of ladder but not sure. anyway i will play nonladder. solo gaming so boring. I like trade and kill demons together with other people. It is more funny

The PlugY creator said he won’t/can’t do the stash for D2R because the game won’t allow for it. I don’t know anything about how modding works but this doesn’t sound encouraging. I mean there might be some point in the future when things change but I’m not hopeful for this any time soon. It’s terrible to have something that works in D2 that won’t work in D2R. I can understand the security argument but I wish Blizzard would officially offer what they’ll essentially be removing from the current D2 experience. Even if it’s only for single player I wish we could somehow get “infinite” stash space.