Launch Day: Single Play or Bnet?

SP characters from og D2 will be able to transfer to SP on D2: R! Devs have stated this several times! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I switched to SP last year, and found myself enjoying that quite a bit. Occasional play over tcp/ip with my dad was great. The ladder restrictions removed on non ladder is great, but if they offered a limited multiplayer option for SP (like letting a bnet friend’s list member just jump into your game from their own SP account, I’d probably go back to SP. MF runs are fun with the static map, and having the ability to control player count is great.

1 Like

Both, but multiplayer mostly, cause I used to like trading, rushing ppl and giving away free items I don’t need.

Single player whenever I want to play with my own mod. I saw that they remastered unused graphics, so I’ll create some stuff with that.

2 Likes

You part of a team?

With work I won’t be able to join one for launch, which is a shame. Will have to save that real push for the first ladder.

Since my plan with the L/NL changes is to mainly play Non-Ladder and to then play Ladder once in awhile when to coincides with my desire to start a new character the answer pretty easily become BNet =)

NL|HC|LoD is how I am starting out and then I will branch from there with Classic and Ladder. Might do classic as Single Player if I start traveling more for work.

I would definitely do this for at least an alt or two.

Likely exclusively Bnet since they killed TCP/IP and open Bnet. I primarily play with buddies, so since we can’t do offline multiplayer SP we’ll all be doing NL Bnet.

3 Likes

Will be jumping straight onto single player to get my characters going without having to share loot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Play in battle net mainly to make friends before the ladder.

1 Like

I want to do a holy grail SP run but with no PlugY I’m not going to have the space to store all of my treasure :frowning:

3 Likes

Hardcore Singleplayer on PC, Hardcore Multi on Switch with my Cousin.

1 Like

SP players 8 all the way

3 Likes

Pretty much SP SSF only.

2 Likes

Single player, my preference anyways.
I want to play offline for best performance, and
never got into B-Net play.

5 Likes

bnet single player for now at least

1 Like

I know what you mean. I love the infinite stash on plugy because I pick up literally everything. You should see my gen pages haha. At least the stash is expanded to a degree. I wonder if the stash size will be able to be increased further by the limited modding they’ve said will be available?

1 Like

Planning to play the first ladder SC. When it resets I will be staying on NL. Probably start with my HC char on NL untill the ladder launch and then play Ladder SC.

1 Like

Fair play, tempted to try some HC myself. Would do it on SP I think though. Played non-HC all these years due to fear of loss :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dunno what will happen with JSP but I don’t think Blizzard will do anything against it. This means you can farm on HC and trade it for item on SC. HC items are always more expensive. It can be very rewarding to play/MF save on HC and convert it to your “fun” character on SC.

I hope they leave it. I’ve never been one to use D2JsP, but I have friends who use it and things like this have never stopped me playing. Even if they did fuel that stupid chat spam thing for a while (which really did suck).

Bnet. I can play solo on Bnet, I can’t play multiplayer in single play.